Viceroy

Trading with Kaliphlin

I was working on an eastern market MOC just before Historica was announced. Thought I'd use a few elements before they were recycled:

Hvar Icewind, Owner of Worlds End Caravan Co., has sailed south from Erikson to Kaliphlin on his flagship, The Ice Serpent (MOC coming soon). The ship has laid anchor off one of the Spice Islands to allow Hvar to meet with a local representitive of the Petraea General Trading Company. Hvar is exchanging part of his cargo of gems from Omurtag, blades from Pikesteel Mountain and mead from Valholl for a variety of spices and other exotic items from the south. Tomorrow they set sail for Barga and a meeting with Rasputin Jones, President of the PGTC. After 10 days at sea Hvar hopes a decent banquet will be prepared...

6507771233_973d6fe713_b.jpg

6507775569_5f3a609183_b.jpg

6507776687_d572e5fe19_b.jpg

Looking good, nice to see some trading going on. :thumbup: I like the use of the MMV stand to fit in with Kaiphlin colours. Can't wait to see your ship!

Looks great, nice to see some Mitgardians venturing southward. If you are returning up the east coast of Historica and you have the time, you might want to consider weighing anchor at Berigora - we can sell you fine ales, honey, olives and other southern fruits, and fine dragon bone products. Our skilled shipwrights and sailmakers can also make any repairs or upgrades to your ships that are required. We have a fine deepwater harbour, very sheltered from the unpredictable storms that plauge the east coast this time of year, and we will make you and your crew very welcome. Just look out for the lighthouse due west of Cape Drahaka, and signal for a tug to guide you into harbour. :classic:

Edited by gabe

"My Dear Hvar Icewind, how good to see you again! And Jorgen Kerrow, our good friend! Thankyou for making the long journey, I hope the seas were not too treacherous? And the road from Barqa was good? You know of course our Mitgardian trade representative, Ingvar Arnoldssen?

6634324379_0090304a83_b.jpg

Many thanks for the gems and Pikesteel blades. All this talk of assassination and war is deeply discomforting. We hope of course that nothing comes of it, but it is well to be prepared. And for the thoughtful cargo of furs, we thankyou. A lot of outlanders think we have only hot weather, and here in Petraea it`s true, we do have sunny skies. But spend a night on sentry duty at the watchtowers of the Rakath Mountains and you would be right glad of Northern fur!

I see you admire our Festive Tree? Yes, it is a gift from Mitgardia, from our dear friend Mr la Flaga of the East Mitgardia Trading Company, to celebrate your Northern Midwinter traditions. We have granted him the Eastern Mitgardia rights for our unique double crystal glazing in exchange for his kindness. Perhaps we can interest you in the rights for your home of Western Mitgardia? To see the beauty of the winter snow, from the warmth and comfort of your own home, it`s quite a game changer, we like to think.

But I`m talking too much, as usual, do tuck in. I see the girls, Astrid and Sally, are already gossiping over the desserts and cheese and grapes, well, that`s girls for you. The chefs have prepared our New Year specials for you tonight - shimmering trout from the Ras-el Akhan, roast ostrich properly served with stuffing and trimmings, and suckling wild boar in Avalonian Apple Sauce. Tonight we have Dwarven Mead on tap, a Nocturnian Bull`s blood for the red, and an Elven white icewine.

Your very good health! Here`s to Profit and Free Trade between our two great Houses, and a very Happy and prosperous New Year to you!"