Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest #17: The Lion's Share


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1405 replies to this topic

#1 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21746
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this Quest. If you wish to join the game, head over to the Rules and Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~


Posted Image


Posted Image

Not so long ago, the heroes of Heroica's fourth quest were employed by the Shadeaux to investigate raids on the latter's trading caravans.

Posted Image

Battling beasts and assassins alike, they fought their way across Uland.

Posted Image

In R'kilf, they met elves who shared their suspicion of the newcomers, the Lion Knights.

Posted Image

But in the elves' home of Brobric, the true nature of the elves was revealed.

Posted Image

Thus, concluding an investigation of a Lion Knight camp, the heroes traveled to Bric'Lin where, in the midst of discussion between the Lion Knights, Brobric Elves, and Hinckwells, they assassinated elven Lords Keveak and Ricroar.

The Quest was successful, but the heroes found out that the entire conflict had been engineered by their employers, the Shadeaux, to provoke a war that the power-hungry house could benefit from. Now, the allies of the Lion Knights, the Hinckwells, striving to save their holdings in northern Uland, have called for their own team of heroes to hold a key position, the Bric'Bay Fort, as it is about to come under attack from the bulk of the elven force...


Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


Answering the summons of Commodore Largus, you inquire as to his location, and a trader directs you to one of the Hinckwell's trading ships. You find the commodore in the cargo hold, inspecting the ship. Looking around, you see the seven other heroes of Heroica who will be joining you on the Quest. They are:

Posted Image
Althior Emorith, Level 14 Mage (K-nut) *Party Leader*
Power: 19
Health: 18/18
Ether: 18/18
Gold: 5
Inventory: Dragoro (WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Aquamarine (Water), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), Potion x2, Tonic, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic, Smelling Salts, Mead, Nostrum, Remedy, Healing Staff

Posted Image
Xander Unth'or, Level 9 Barbarian (posades) *Party Second-in-Command*
Power: 17
Health: 16/16
Gold: 30
Inventory: Pongcanis Club (WP: 8), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Robe of the Pongcanis Champion (WP: +1, Front Row; SP: +1, Back Row), Mead, Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence

Posted Image
Arasmyth RuGard, Level 7 Mage (Kadabra)
Power: 11
Health: 11/11
Ether: 11/11
Gold: 3
Inventory: Sapphire Staff (WP: 4; Wind), Robe of Magi (SP: 1), Scroll of Sealing, Sapphire (Wind), Topaz (Lightning), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Smelling Salts, Water Bomb, Grand Tonic

Posted Image
William Harkenshire, Level 5 Ranger (volcanicpanik)
Power: 9
Health: 10/10
Gold: 0
Inventory: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 4; Fire), Potion (2),Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Mead, Smelling Salts, Pickaxe

Posted Image
Alexandre le Chevalier, Level 1 Knight (Capt.JohnPaul)
Power: 4
Health: 10/10
Gold: 0
Inventory: Sword (WP: 3), Buckler Shield (SP: 2), Bedroll, Potion

Posted Image
Isabella del Toboso, Level 1 Rogue (Dharkan)
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
Gold: 5
Inventory: Golden Dagger (WP: 3), Venom, Potion, Bedroll

Posted Image
Spag Bitterstalk, Level 1 Barbarian (Kenghis Ghan)
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 0
Inventory:  Crude Splinterwood Club (WP: 3) Potion, Mead (2)

Posted Image
Arthur Justus Regulus VII, Level 1 Mage (Flipz)
Power: 4
Health: 5/5
Ether: 5/5
Gold: 0
Inventory: Serpentine Staff (WP: 3), Opal (Ice), Potion, Bedroll


Posted Image


Posted Image
"Ah, excellent! Good day, heroes. I'm pleased to see you've answered the call to assist a weak, peaceful people in their attempt to defend themselves against the evil that is the Brobric Elves. Even now, a carriage awaits outside to transport us to Bric'Bay Fort, where a small force of Lion Knights prepares to attempt to hold their position against the elven armies.

"The carriage will take us straight to the fort in naught but a day's time, and we need not worry about being attacked on Eubric Highway. We will not be stopping in Bric'Lin, though you will go through it. When we arrive, I will introduce you to the commander, Sir Lawrence. My men and I would stay with you, despite the fact that we have little experience with land battles, but this trading fleet sets sail in three days, and we must sail with it. Are there any questions?"

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image


QM Note:
All players have 24 hours to confirm their participation by posting in this topic. Any players who do not confirm within that time will be placed under the control of the Party Leader until they return to consistent, active posting in this topic. Also, check your stats as listed above and ensure that they are correct.

#2 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1639
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

One question before we begin, what is the ratio of the Lion Lights and the elves?

Edited by VolcanicPanik, 13 December 2011 - 08:37 PM.

Just because you've read The Dark Knight Returns doesn't mean that you understand the "conflicted inner struggle of Batman's psychology"

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats


#3 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21746
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

View PostVolcanicPanik, on 13 December 2011 - 08:21 PM, said:

One question before we begin, what is the ratio of the Lion Lights and the elves?
Posted Image
"I am not quite sure, but from what I've been told, there are currently fewer than twenty Lion Knights in Bric'Bay Fort. You can expect at least six to eight waves of Brobric Elves to attack."

#4 Kadabra

Kadabra

  • Honcks at Hinck


    Posts: 1160
    Joined: 25-September 11
    Member: 20641
    Country: USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

"good day, Commodore. I look forward to working with you," Arasmyth greets Largus.

Playing as Arasmyth RuGard (Elven Evoker) in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes


#5 Flipz

Flipz

  • #residentmunchkin


    Posts: 9396
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

-==IC: Arthur==-
"Ah.  Yes, I have a question.  Aside from the Brobric Elves, are there any other perils we should know of?"

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]


#6 Kenghis Ghan

Kenghis Ghan

    Posts: 90
    Joined: 06-December 11
    Member: 22833

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

"And I'm looking forward to bashing as many of these damn elves as possible..." Spag said under his breath.

#7 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21746
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

View PostFlipz, on 13 December 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

-==IC: Arthur==-
"Ah.  Yes, I have a question.  Aside from the Brobric Elves, are there any other perils we should know of?"
Posted Image
"Not that I know of."

QM Note:
As said above, please confirm that your stats as listed in the first post are correct.

#8 Kenghis Ghan

Kenghis Ghan

    Posts: 90
    Joined: 06-December 11
    Member: 22833

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:08 PM

OOC: Yep, mine's all good.  :classic:

#9 Flipz

Flipz

  • #residentmunchkin


    Posts: 9396
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 13 December 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

Posted Image
"Not that I know of."

QM Note:
As said above, please confirm that your stats as listed in the first post are correct.

OOC: Arthur's Gold should be 0.  Also, Althior should have a Healing Staff (WP: 5, healing effect, usable by clerics and mages) that we're renting from Alf.

Edited by Flipz, 13 December 2011 - 09:15 PM.

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]


#10 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21746
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

View PostFlipz, on 13 December 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

OOC: Arthur's Gold should be 0.  Also, Althior should have a Healing Staff (WP: 5, healing effect, usable by clerics and mages) that we're renting from Alf.
QM Note:
Fixed, thanks.

#11 Flipz

Flipz

  • #residentmunchkin


    Posts: 9396
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

-==IC: Arthur==-
Arthur looks around to see where Althior got to.  He intends to pull the Party Leader aside for a moment before they cast off.

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]


#12 Kadabra

Kadabra

  • Honcks at Hinck


    Posts: 1160
    Joined: 25-September 11
    Member: 20641
    Country: USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

OOC: My stats are correct.

Arasmyth looks at Largus and asks, "So what can you tell us about the Lion Knights? I've heard very little about them, and what I have heard from the recordbooks of Quest 4 initially stated that they were invaders attempting to gain control of Uland, but that description hardly seems accurate in light of recent events. I believe it's clear the Shadeaux were framing the Lion Knights for there own profit, but the faction remains shrouded in mystery."

Playing as Arasmyth RuGard (Elven Evoker) in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes


#13 Dharkan

Dharkan

    Posts: 666
    Joined: 24-May 10
    Member: 10885
    Country: Turkey

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

"If everyone is ready then so am I!"

Isabella looked quite eager for whatever action that may come. It can be seen on her face that she was more excited that she thought she'd be in this quest.

"But I have a little question, is this mission more sneaky or fighting?"


OOC: because of the time zone, the timing of my replies could be a little bit late (or early :P) just so you know Brickdoctor and rest of my party. :) and have fun everyone!

Edited by Dharkan, 13 December 2011 - 11:29 PM.

   Posted Image
Isabella del Toboso, Level 13.5 Rogue  Human Female - 23 years old
  Power:22 Health: 19/19 Gold: 691 gold
  Inventory:,Opal, Heavy Armor (SP:6, Power -6, Golden Dagger (WP:3),Fauxthril Dagger (WP:8) Cloak of the Invisible Elf (SP: 1; untargetable for first 2 Rounds of every Battle), a Vial of Venom, Potion(7),Tonic(5), Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Fire Bomb(2),Dragon Scale(2)


#14 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 6107
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: Wisconsin, USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:48 PM

Althior strolled down to the party, he saw Arasmyth and was happy to see a familiar face around, but that was about it. He looked over to Finnegan, and he was just hovering like his usual self, nothing new there. He walked up to the Commodore. "Good evening! It's evening, right? Are there by any chances that there will be reinforcements coming to aid our struggle? Or is about twenty all we have?"

OOC: Sorry I'm late! Had some extra work I needed to get done!
My Collection

Posted Image----------Posted Image


Althior Emorith, Level 54 Prophet: Stats

Kheyli, Level 8 Barbarian: Stats


#15 Flipz

Flipz

  • #residentmunchkin


    Posts: 9396
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

View PostK-nut, on 13 December 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

Althior strolled down to the party, he saw Arasmyth and was happy to see a familiar face around, but that was about it. He looked over to Finnegan, and he was just hovering like his usual self, nothing new there. He walked up to the Commodore. "Good evening! It's evening, right? Are there by any chances that there will be reinforcements coming to aid our struggle? Or is about twenty all we have?"

OOC: Sorry I'm late! Had some extra work I needed to get done!

-==IC: Arthur==-
Arthur walks over to Althior and coughs lightly.  "Excuse me, Althior, but may I borrow your other WP:5 weapon?  It's the same WP as the Healing Staff I procured for us, and it would help me to be more effective in fights."  He stops to consider for a moment.  "Actually, if any of us have extra weapons that would help out the weaker party members like me, we should let them borrow them."

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]


#16 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21746
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

View PostKadabra, on 13 December 2011 - 11:19 PM, said:

Arasmyth looks at Largus and asks, "So what can you tell us about the Lion Knights? I've heard very little about them, and what I have heard from the recordbooks of Quest 4 initially stated that they were invaders attempting to gain control of Uland, but that description hardly seems accurate in light of recent events. I believe it's clear the Shadeaux were framing the Lion Knights for there own profit, but the faction remains shrouded in mystery."
Posted Image
"The Lion Knights are experts in agricultural development. Noting the vulnerability of the farms that supply Eubric with food, the Hinckwells invited the Lion Knights to purchase a plot of land from the house to increase crop yields in the Eubric Plains. The Lions maintain a standing professional army in their own lands and thus could easily guard their farms, but that army was left behind as the opposition from the Brobric Elves was not anticipated."

View PostDharkan, on 13 December 2011 - 11:27 PM, said:

"But I have a little question, is this mission more sneaky or fighting?"
Posted Image
"Fighting."

View PostK-nut, on 13 December 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

[/i]"Good evening! It's evening, right? Are there by any chances that there will be reinforcements coming to aid our struggle? Or is about twenty all we have?"
Posted Image
"Twenty-ish is all you have. The war hasn't been kind to the small military force the Lion Knights brought with them.

#17 Flipz

Flipz

  • #residentmunchkin


    Posts: 9396
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 14 December 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

Posted Image
"The Lion Knights are experts in agricultural development. Noting the vulnerability of the farms that supply Eubric with food, the Hinckwells invited the Lion Knights to purchase a plot of land from the house to increase crop yields in the Eubric Plains. The Lions maintain a standing professional army in their own lands and thus could easily guard their farms, but that army was left behind as the opposition from the Brobric Elves was not anticipated."

"If I may ask...why did you not announce your alliance with the Lion Knights and your agricultural plans publicly, when they first arrived?  All of Eubric could have benefited from striking deals with the Knights, and it would have made it much more difficult for the Shadeaux to move against you."

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]


#18 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21746
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

View PostFlipz, on 14 December 2011 - 12:16 AM, said:

"If I may ask...why did you not announce your alliance with the Lion Knights and your agricultural plans publicly, when they first arrived?  All of Eubric could have benefited from striking deals with the Knights, and it would have made it much more difficult for the Shadeaux to move against you."
Posted Image
"We may be the good guys here, but that doesn't mean some of us aren't greedy. The higher-ups wanted to keep the deals quiet and improve their chances of holding a monopoly on anything the Lions produced."

QM Note:
This isn't one of those 'question everyone and figure out who the bad guy really is' kind of Quest. That's already been set up and defined in Quest 4. Feel free to question the NPCs, but I promise that in Quest 17, the only bad guys are the elves. The objective is to figure out how to beat the bad guys, not to figure out who the bad guys are. :wink:

#19 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 6107
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: Wisconsin, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

View PostFlipz, on 14 December 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

-==IC: Arthur==-
Arthur walks over to Althior and coughs lightly.  "Excuse me, Althior, but may I borrow your other WP:5 weapon?  It's the same WP as the Healing Staff I procured for us, and it would help me to be more effective in fights."  He stops to consider for a moment.  "Actually, if any of us have extra weapons that would help out the weaker party members like me, we should let them borrow them."
Althior considered it a moment, and responded, "I'm sorry, but for now my answer is no. I've made some groups that if necessary, we would divide up in, and since I have made it so I am not in the one with Alex over there, with his diplomatic ways, I think our separate group, if necessary, needs all the help we can get. Again, but I feel like holding onto Dragoro for a bit. No hard feelings?" He slapped Arthur on the back as he walked to the front of the group, "So does anyone have any other questions? Or are we ready to depart?"

OOC: There! I mentioned it by name! :laugh:
My Collection

Posted Image----------Posted Image


Althior Emorith, Level 54 Prophet: Stats

Kheyli, Level 8 Barbarian: Stats


#20 posades

posades

  • Unknown Entity +9999


    Posts: 1655
    Joined: 11-November 08
    Member: 4353
    Country: USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:29 AM

Xander arrived at the designated meeting place to find his other companions already there and in conversation with a middle aged man.  Not wanting to interrupt, he began to listen intently; there was nothing at the moment that bothered him, so he found no need to speak.

OOC: My stats look good.

Per aspera ad astra.

Xander Unth'or, lv 30 Hunter - Heroica RPG


#21 Flipz

Flipz

  • #residentmunchkin


    Posts: 9396
    Joined: 01-December 11
    Member: 22657
    Country: California, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:33 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 14 December 2011 - 12:20 AM, said:

Posted Image
"We may be the good guys here, but that doesn't mean some of us aren't greedy. The higher-ups wanted to keep the deals quiet and improve their chances of holding a monopoly on anything the Lions produced."

QM Note:
This isn't one of those 'question everyone and figure out who the bad guy really is' kind of Quest. That's already been set up and defined in Quest 4. Feel free to question the NPCs, but I promise that in Quest 17, the only bad guys are the elves. The objective is to figure out how to beat the bad guys, not to figure out who the bad guys are. :wink:

OOC: OK, good to know.  I think I'll continue his line of thought though, I'm setting up a potential shift in Arthur's attitude for later. :wink:

-==IC: Arthur==-
"Hmm.  Well, greed is one explanation..."  A thought struck him: If they're greedy and secretive, and they really wanted a monopoly on Eubric's food supply...  "It simply strikes me, sir, that if it weren't for the Brobric Elves and their aggression, an armed force of Lion Knights, publicly unaffiliated with the Hinckwells, would be very well suited for a...what euphemism do you business moguls use for it?  A 'hostile takeover' of the competition."  Arthur has a sudden feeling of moodiness and unease.  He wondered what the cause might be.  Nonetheless, his piercing gaze toward Largus does not falter.

Is probably depressed.  Real life sucks, yo.

[Heroica Stats]


#22 Capt.JohnPaul

Capt.JohnPaul

  • Don't you hear the people sing? Singing the song of angry me


    Posts: 4970
    Joined: 12-May 10
    Member: 10643

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

OOC: I should have two potions, I start out with one and I bought one.  :sweet:

Alexandre the Chevalier joins the group and refreshes on his information on what he heard. He puts his morion on his head and fixes it as it ends up crooked.

"8 waves huh? And we only have twenty men. This could be difficult. I'm ready to go kill some Brobric Elves." Alex says, "Perhaps we should take a tour of some sort of defenses?"

#23 K-Nut

K-Nut

    Posts: 6107
    Joined: 12-August 11
    Member: 19691
    Country: Wisconsin, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

OOC: As stated, I should have a Healing Staff, (WP:5) therefore my power should be 24 I believe. :wink:
My Collection

Posted Image----------Posted Image


Althior Emorith, Level 54 Prophet: Stats

Kheyli, Level 8 Barbarian: Stats


#24 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

  • Look at my Post Count!


    Posts: 21746
    Joined: 06-June 10
    Member: 11254
    Country: California, USA

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:25 AM

View PostK-nut, on 14 December 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

OOC: As stated, I should have a Healing Staff, (WP:5) therefore my power should be 24 I believe. :wink:
QM Note:
Power is Level plus equipped weapon's WP. 14+5=19. (what you would deal in a Hit)

#25 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

  • Thinks dead fish can drool


    Posts: 1639
    Joined: 28-August 11
    Member: 20078
    Country: HK/Aus

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

I'm ready, let's go.

Just because you've read The Dark Knight Returns doesn't mean that you understand the "conflicted inner struggle of Batman's psychology"

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users