Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

The stronghold - Eras Duhl

The Rustling Leaves Clan has once again stationed elves at the ancient watch tower of Eras Duhl. With drow attacks on the rise, it is imperative that Avalonia be vigilant, and Eras Duhl will help protect the Enchanted Forest, should hostilities escalate. The Tower of Eras Duhl was built centuries ago, by the ancestors of the line of Dallaenus.

eras_duhl.jpg

Access to the tower is granted through passages built into the roots of the most ancient trees in the forest, allowing the guardians to outlast move unmolested during attacks.

str_2.jpg

pass.jpg

In the roots of the tower, Varis discusses strategy with his master of bows and master of blades. Avalonia needs to be try to anticipate the strengths and weaknesses of the other guilds, should matters ever turn to war.

strat.jpg

Other views of the stronghold:

ub_2.jpg

sl_2.jpg

hall_2.jpg

bs.jpg

Long Live Avalonia!

(There are a couple more pictures and high rez versions in my Brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=491203)

Edited by rogueang

Some original and brilliant use of parts in this masterful build :thumbup: and I really like the contrast of the black and white bricks on the tower walls. Excellent job!

Could you please resize your pics to 600x800 max as per the guidelines. :wink:

The tower looks great but takes too long to load .

I love the scorpion on the floor, also like the stairs (i always wonder how you guys build so curvy *huh* , i'm not new in mocking but some of the techniques are new to me)

The outside and underground details are amazing, well done, a proper stronghold for Avalonia :thumbup:

I can't believe you left 12 studs showing at the top... (Sarcasm!) This is a great tower, you did an amazing job making it so smooth. The curves make it truly alien to what else has been made so far (and most any tower I can think of made from Lego.) Nice job. Can't wait to see your future builds.

Great design, it really suits an Elvern tower... sort of halfway between organic and alien. It almost looks like it could take off! The underground tunnels are a great idea too, and i love the little half round stair and mosaic in the armoury. :thumbup:

That is truly amazing, so different to the standard grey and brown like almost every other tower.

Can't wait to see more.

Excellent tower. i like the stag head in the mosaic on the floor. Also the use of the skate board ramps as the roofing.

Lord Arlindus of Circardia welcomes a powerful neighbor such as yours and looks forward to trade and a long and fruitful relationship between our two lands.,

I love the scorpion on the floor

I don't think it is a scorpion, but a deer's head to match the shields.

Anyhow, I like this, some very cool parts usage and a cool underground scene.

I really enjoy builds like this, so different and original. You have packed a lot into this build and the result is excellent. Great work on the interior and the secret tunnel. The tower has a very interesting design and colorscheme which really make it stand out. Great work!

Thanks for all the comments!

The mosaic in the floor is a deer, as my character Varis, is the servant of the White Hart(or deer, if you will).

I wanted to add a lower floor at the bottom, but I didn't start the stronghold until last week, and I wasn't sure if I would complete it in time, or have enough white tiles. I'm excited to look at all the other entries for strongholds now. (I try to avoid looking at any other entries before I finish my own, otherwise I'm afraid I would start borrowing ideas.)

Long Live Avalonia!

Edited by rogueang

Fantastic tower ' rogueang ', I will tell you truthfully looks more sci-fi-ish than medieval, but it might have been left behind by an alien race centuries before the elves took up using it for a watchtower. :wink:

Now this is what can be called fantasy ! :grin:

I'm glad this belongs to Avalonia.......Brick On ' rogueang ' ! :classic:

Avalonia Forever !

I love this build so much. It is extremely origional and that is something most builders can't claim. I love the root entrance.

Amazing job.-K.Kreations

different, and with style ;) I love it :)

When we conquer your lands, we will not tear it down, we will use it as a summer house ;)

This is a lovely build, very Elven, or Elfish. As many others have said, both the overall design and the detailing are top class.

:classic: