Sign in to follow this  
Andonii

The Chequered Flag Inn

With my last build, I took in all the criticism, then looked at Derfel's guide to building a medieval village, and tried to use some of the ways of building in that. I ended up with this small inn.

In the city of Basilita, their lies a small inn called the chequered flag. Due to it's fine ale people from Basilita visit it regularly.

6506974291_d01dffed13_z.jpg

6506974615_821fa9c7ac_z.jpg

Interioir

6501620913_85bb6c10d9.jpg

Thanks.

Hail Avalonia

Edited by Andonii

Looking good Andonii. this is what I think is typical Avalonian style. Derfel's guide is a great resource as is Maydayartist thread on his village project.

the stable roof would look good with the black slope similar to the Inn as well IMO. The landscaping could use some paths.

Now get the bricks to make the thing! One warning though, when you order those 1x1 round plates on bricklink, order twice of what you think you will need. From my rough calculations you would need more than 1200 just for the base of the Inn!

Very nice Andonii!

I like that since you have said your brick resources are limited, that you tried to use another program to show what you could do with the right pieces. This is very much the style of our guild and I applaud this effort!

Though I think we need things in real bricks for challenges and prize considerations, I think preplanning builds like this is a great way to show us what you are made of!

Not bad at all 'Andonii', planning a brick built one ? :wink:

Avalonia Forever !

Considering it. I need to buy more peices for it though. Current total of this would be £204.57, so I am not entirely sure if I will buy the bricks.

Considering it. I need to buy more peices for it though. Current total of this would be £204.57, so I am not entirely sure if I will buy the bricks.

Is that the price from LEGO on the LDD program? I think you could use bricklink and get that price down quite a bit.

Are the 204.57 the PAB price or the bricklink price?

But more important your building looks really great, I guess my battlemage and his reptile guard would like to come in for a pine or two :-)

Is that the price from LEGO on the LDD program? I think you could use bricklink and get that price down quite a bit.

I guess, but I haven't checked the price of the right amount of pieces on BL yet. Will do though.

Looking good, a nice attempt and shows that you are taking another step forward in your building skills. I know its not in brick form yet, but it looks good and would be great to see you properly make this. That price does seem very high, I could probably build a third of my village for that price. Use bricklink and try and find the cheapest places. I have been lucky, as there is a small odds and ends shop near where I live that always has lots of Lego from people who trade it in. Just the other day I bought 20 bags of green and brown parts, each bag was £1. The bags are quite large as well and I ended up with a huge assortment of different colored green plates ad old brown parts, probably a good £70 worth, all for £20. So it can sometimes pay to keep your eyes open for any odd 2nd hand shops, as they sometimes have some real bargain Lego finds.

Just FYI, timber-frame buildings usually have posts/timber in the corners as part of the framework. It looks a little odd to have the "fill" at the corners of the upper floor.

Just FYI, timber-frame buildings usually have posts/timber in the corners as part of the framework. It looks a little odd to have the "fill" at the corners of the upper floor.

Good point tedbeard. Check out Derfel's guide or click any of the three half-timbered houses in my signature to get a look at a couple of half-timbered houses with posts in the corners.