Jump to content


New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

Simpsons lego

  • Please log in to reply
494 replies to this topic

#101 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

    Posts: 1277
    Joined: 02-July 12
    Member: 29489
    Country: USA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

View Postjust2good, on 10 September 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

I don't think they'll remake the pizza piece, but rater make a printed tile for a pizza box. :drool:
Now that I could see  :wub:
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

#102 BrickG

BrickG

    Posts: 1293
    Joined: 03-September 12
    Member: 31138

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:23 AM

Nevermind.  Kraang IS back.  I hope Beebop and Rocksteady are too.

Kraang already has an action figure.

#103 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

    Posts: 1954
    Joined: 16-February 09
    Member: 5310
    Country: Poland

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Ok guys, calm down. Here is the sneak peak of the TMNT Series:
I really hope we will get the shells that you put on like backpack.
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#104 BrickG

BrickG

    Posts: 1293
    Joined: 03-September 12
    Member: 31138

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:09 AM

Oh wait, "Kraang" isn't back :(.  Kraang is the race.  I want THE Kraang!

#105 Faefrost

Faefrost

  • Fire Policefighter


    Posts: 4743
    Joined: 10-April 12
    Member: 27890
    Country: USA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostLordofdragonss, on 10 September 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

Ok guys, calm down. Here is the sneak peak of the TMNT Series:
I really hope we will get the shells that you put on like backpack.

Well at least the character designs look fairly unchanged... but dear gods where in the sewers did they dredge up the bad CGI animation? It looks like it was done by a local marketing firm making commercials for used car dealerships circa 1998?
Posted Image
My First Real MOC!
Almost ready for customers! Comics, Karate, and brutally painful Dentistry, all under one roof!

#106 Miles

Miles

    Posts: 98
    Joined: 06-June 12
    Member: 29029
    Country: USA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

View PostFaefrost, on 10 September 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Well at least the character designs look fairly unchanged... but dear gods where in the sewers did they dredge up the bad CGI animation? It looks like it was done by a local marketing firm making commercials for used car dealerships circa 1998?

I was a bit put off by that as well. Of course, I grew up with traditional animation, so maybe I'm stalling at the thought of watching the equivalent of a 30-minute Gieco commercial. (I never did care for that Gecko.  :hmpf_bad: )

#107 Hobbestimus

Hobbestimus

    Posts: 362
    Joined: 02-December 11
    Member: 22718

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostLordofdragonss, on 10 September 2012 - 05:38 AM, said:

Ok guys, calm down. Here is the sneak peak of the TMNT Series:
I really hope we will get the shells that you put on like backpack.
I bet we get backpack shells separate from the heads because it sounds like it would also be a useful piece for the rumored Chima series.

And that series sounds like it will be great fodder for mutant minifigure pieces to go alongside the Ninja Turtles.

#108 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

  • Adorable


    Posts: 7455
    Joined: 09-March 10
    Member: 9860
    Country: USA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Discussion of the quality of animation does not belong in this thread.  Please keep the focus here on LEGO.  Thank you.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#109 super curry max

super curry max

    Posts: 79
    Joined: 02-April 10
    Member: 10116
    Country: USA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:36 PM

View PostBrickG, on 10 September 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

Oh wait, "Kraang" isn't back :(.  Kraang is the race.  I want THE Kraang!

Well the kraangs in the new toon are based on the alien utroms from the old comic which in turn were the basis for krang of the 80s cartoon. So it is still"krang" in a sense.
Try not to die.

#110 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

    Posts: 3623
    Joined: 18-December 11
    Member: 23274
    Country: USA

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

IIRC, TMNT is SBSP's replacement, am I right?

-Sci

   Posted Image


#111 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

    Posts: 1371
    Joined: 08-August 11
    Member: 19588
    Country: USA

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

View PostCM4S, on 12 September 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

IIRC, TMNT is SBSP's replacement, am I right?

-Sci

I'd imagine, but SpongeBob can't be killed. :grin:

“Heed my voice mortals! I am the god of these low, low prices and I will not tolerate all of these decorative pillows.”

Posted Image


#112 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 6370
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostCM4S, on 12 September 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

IIRC, TMNT is SBSP's replacement, am I right?

-Sci
Probably, but this would be a very stupid move on TLG's part. All they have to do is release 2 SBSP sets a year, and they can make a fair amount of money. Additionally, the second movie is coming in the beginning of 2014, in which they could make around 4 sets for.

#113 Clone OPatra

Clone OPatra

  • Plate-Removing Addict


    Posts: 5449
    Joined: 21-January 09
    Member: 5070

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

I don't put much stock in 'replacements,' especially when it comes to Licenses. One License isn't cancelled specifically because another is obtained.

Spongebob doesn't even have full waves by any means. It's a couple sets now and again. It could take off a year, and come back again. LEGO clearly has a deal with Nickelodean, so they can go right back to more Spongebob sets the year after. Spongebob has the power to last. They could even release a couple of TMNT sets every once in a while AND a couple of Spongebob sets every once in a while. The license is one and the same: Nickelodean.
Posted Image

#114 BrickG

BrickG

    Posts: 1293
    Joined: 03-September 12
    Member: 31138

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostClone O, on 13 September 2012 - 01:10 AM, said:

I don't put much stock in 'replacements,' especially when it comes to Licenses. One License isn't cancelled specifically because another is obtained.

Spongebob doesn't even have full waves by any means. It's a couple sets now and again. It could take off a year, and come back again. LEGO clearly has a deal with Nickelodean, so they can go right back to more Spongebob sets the year after. Spongebob has the power to last. They could even release a couple of TMNT sets every once in a while AND a couple of Spongebob sets every once in a while. The license is one and the same: Nickelodean.


I think it makes sense.  NinjaGo might even be back after TMNT is done.  You can't really have two NINJA themes going on at the same time...  that's weird and they'd compete with each other to a certain degree.  And this is business, Lego might see potentially more $$$ out of TMNT so they might be willing to take the risk.  We don't know the details.  If Ninjago was REALLY that profitable they wouldn't let it go, but they are.  That says something.

I guess it's possible they were forced to for some reason, like TMNT was contracted before Ninjago got somewhat popular.  But we don't know the details.  They're ditching Ninjago.  That much is certain.  TMNT seems to be true too.

#115 Super Fish Oil

Super Fish Oil

    Posts: 1371
    Joined: 08-August 11
    Member: 19588
    Country: USA

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostBrickG, on 14 September 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

I think it makes sense.  NinjaGo might even be back after TMNT is done.  You can't really have two NINJA themes going on at the same time...  that's weird and they'd compete with each other to a certain degree.  And this is business, Lego might see potentially more $$$ out of TMNT so they might be willing to take the risk.  We don't know the details.  If Ninjago was REALLY that profitable they wouldn't let it go, but they are.  That says something.

I guess it's possible they were forced to for some reason, like TMNT was contracted before Ninjago got somewhat popular.  But we don't know the details.  They're ditching Ninjago.  That much is certain.  TMNT seems to be true too.

From what we've heard it seems that they'll be running simultaneously.

“Heed my voice mortals! I am the god of these low, low prices and I will not tolerate all of these decorative pillows.”

Posted Image


#116 DJ Bricks

DJ Bricks

    Posts: 1524
    Joined: 31-August 11
    Member: 20156
    Country: U. S. A.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

And Ninjago isn't being replaced by TMNT, its being replaced  Lengends of Chima!
Check out my New Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube....v2iXc64w/videos

#117 Darthkostis

Darthkostis

    Posts: 50
    Joined: 09-September 12
    Member: 31690
    Country: Greece

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 AM

View PostNeville longbottem, on 14 September 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

And Ninjago isn't being replaced by TMNT, its being replaced  Lengends of Chima!
Didn't that lego book which revealed the first legend of chima also revealed a new ninjago kai figure?
Posted Image

#118 Oky

Oky

  • I am O-ky, English-German relations


    Posts: 9274
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostDarthkostis, on 15 September 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

Didn't that lego book which revealed the first legend of chima also revealed a new ninjago kai figure?
Yes, but that will be the last wave of Ninjago, at least according to rumors.

So yeah, if TMNT is replacing anything, it will be Spongebob Squarepants, but that might just be temporary, so unless TMNT proves to make more profitable than SS (which I doubt), there should be nothing standing in the way for new SS sets when the new movie comes out.

#119 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

    Posts: 4590
    Joined: 12-August 10
    Member: 12542
    Country: USA(California)

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

Well, according to German website Werst, Ninjago is not leaving. On Brickset, they have a set list with prices of 2013 wave.
Clone Army-124 & counting...

#120 DJ Bricks

DJ Bricks

    Posts: 1524
    Joined: 31-August 11
    Member: 20156
    Country: U. S. A.

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 16 September 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Well, according to German website Werst, Ninjago is not leaving. On Brickset, they have a set list with prices of 2013 wave.
There's going six more Ninjago sets in January, then it's going to be discontinued and replaced by Chima.
Check out my New Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube....v2iXc64w/videos

#121 just2good

just2good

  • Bothan Spy #8


    Posts: 6370
    Joined: 05-January 09
    Member: 4916
    Country: USA (Florida)

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 16 September 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Well, according to German website Werst, Ninjago is not leaving. On Brickset, they have a set list with prices of 2013 wave.

View PostNeville longbottem, on 16 September 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

There's going six more Ninjago sets in January, then it's going to be discontinued and replaced by Chima.
Basically what 'Neville longbottem' said. It really seems like it's the last Ninjago wave, considering 6 sets and no spinners/booster packs. :wink:

#122 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

  • Adorable


    Posts: 7455
    Joined: 09-March 10
    Member: 9860
    Country: USA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

This isn't the place to discuss Ninjago.  Back on topic, people.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


#123 Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

    Posts: 1180
    Joined: 07-May 12
    Member: 28477
    Country: Mexico

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

In my case I wouldn't mind if SBSP got replaced by TMNT, I was expecting TMNT to replace Ninjago though :sceptic:

#124 (L) EGo

(L) EGo

    Posts: 10
    Joined: 17-December 11
    Member: 23252

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2013

If this is true, then Lone Ranger may be coming our way.

I don't follow this stuff closely, so this may be old news.

#125 Oky

Oky

  • I am O-ky, English-German relations


    Posts: 9274
    Joined: 02-October 07
    Member: 2028
    Country: USA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Yes. Yes it is.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users