Sign in to follow this  
Horry

[MOC] Imperial sets - reloaded

[pid][/pid]195.A/B/C/D

Hello folks!

I threatened that I'd do some more classic-pirates sets in a slightly more realistic fassion and here we are! These are some quick versions of

6266 Cannon Cove

1795 Imperial Cannon

6277 Imperial Trading Post

6239 Cannon Battle (changed into coastal artillery)

Criticism and comments appreciated, as always :pir-classic:

6488102419_d5003b940a_b.jpg

Casemate 2 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488102143_aaa6b691d6.jpg

Casemate 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488102713_a82756e8b3.jpg

Casemate 3 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488103255_89b62e8eb4_b.jpg

Imperial Cannon 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488103421_bdcff30bba.jpg

Imperial Cannon 2 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488103595_52912619c9_b.jpg

Coastal Artillery 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488103833_8a2cb81c4a.jpg

Coastal Artillery 2 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488104023_a2fa8c00e0.jpg

Coastal Artillery 3 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488104491_6c1bddd301_b.jpg

Imperial Trading Post 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488104847_63406a202f.jpg

Imperial Trading Post 2 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488105311_70d9829883.jpg

Imperial Trading Post 3 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488105697_4fc6050e4a.jpg

Imperial Trading Post 4 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488106343_44c39ff77f.jpg

Vessel 1 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6488110033_ef19f33341_b.jpg

Vessel 2 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

Very nice work Horry, I like seeing existing sets reworked. Sering something through someone elses eyes is always interesting.

You really did the sets justice too. Changing them up but leaving hints of the originals.

That least picture is great, looks like something out of a book.

Nice remakes, Horry! :pir-sweet:

A set along the lines of the Mobile Artillery is one that I've wanted for a long time, would be such a great army builder. I like the Trading Post as well, the fort part is excellent. Looks to me like a really beefed up Eldorado Fortress (although it needs more cannons!).

Are you planning to start a thread for that ship? It looks great.

I too like to see existing sets redone and these are very nice. I missed pretty much all of the Pirates sets when I was younger, but really wanted to get some of them and regret them now - your version of Cannon Cove is great, I really wanted that one as a kid. Your version of Imperial Cannon is also very nice. I got the chance to get this as a kid but got a small Insectoids set instead. I think I prefer the Insectoid set to this day, but if the set was more like your re-imagined version then maybe I wouldn't have been so sure..

Brillaint builds again Horry you do have a talent for Land based mocs.

I really like the first build, its a huge improvement on the orignal set and it feels compact yet spacious (I love the staircases, so simple yet so pretty)

The trading post as well is fantastic, I love the fire at the end of the docks, one question though why did you choose to use the green raisedplate rather than the blue one (the orignal one for the trading post), its nice don't get me wrong I am just curious.

And I agree the last picture is book worthy.

Very nice

Thank you for your comments! I really tried to retain the core idea of the old sets and I am pretty happy that it seems to have worked :pir_laugh2: . And I am thinking about doing the old imperial flagship.

Are you planning to start a thread for that ship? It looks great.

Thank you! There actually is a thread with an awful start and a good development-stage of the ship. I haven't worked on her for quite some time and wanted to restart working around christmas!

The trading post as well is fantastic, I love the fire at the end of the docks, one question though why did you choose to use the green raisedplate rather than the blue one (the orignal one for the trading post), its nice don't get me wrong I am just curious.

Again, thank you! :pir-sweet: The simple answer is that the green raised plate is the only one left in my position. A few years ago I had a flatmate who got psychological problems and damaged and destroyed parts of the posessions of us other flatmates. A part of that was a huge percentage of my childhood-Lego-collection. Before his rant, I had four raised plates, now this one is the only one left and I haven't got around buying a new one.

Edited by Horry

I like all of them besides the trading post. I'm a harsh critic when it comes to that set.The black and white picture is really cool, though. It looks really good from that angle.