Kaliphlin Great Escarpment Watch Tower

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Axel

Axel

Member: 3232

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:14 AM

At the dusty borders of Kaliphlin, where no sane Petraean would venture to, lies a wide expanse of near unhospitable land. Yet, a few groups of warriors inhabit the area, testing their skills against the monsters of the desert, and guarding the border of Kaliphlin domain, lest the other Guilds invade.

In a place where the sun beats down mercilessly, and speed is of the utmost importance, the ‘outposts’ of the border are little but shelters, consisting of ruined remains of watchtowers long since fallen into disrepair. Barrels of long-lasting food are kept in the cooler shade, and the warriors that wander from outpost to outpost are always ready to move quickly amongst the countless ‘towers’ that line the border

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

For Kaliphlin

Velethuil, Captain of the Kaliphlin Elf-Knights

#2 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostAxel, on 09 December 2011 - 06:14 AM, said:

At the dusty borders of Kaliphlin, where no sane Petraean would venture to, lies a wide expanse of near unhospitable land. Yet, a few groups of warriors inhabit the area, testing their skills against the monsters of the desert, and guarding the border of Kaliphlin domain, lest the other Guilds invade.

In a place where the sun beats down mercilessly, and speed is of the utmost importance, the ‘outposts’ of the border are little but shelters, consisting of ruined remains of watchtowers long since fallen into disrepair. Barrels of long-lasting food are kept in the cooler shade, and the warriors that wander from outpost to outpost are always ready to move quickly amongst the countless ‘towers’ that line the border

You've got a very nice half-ruined look going there!   His perch up there looks a bit precarious!  And boy, that helmet must get hot out in the sun like that...
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#3 CptMugwash

CptMugwash

Member: 15677

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:12 PM

Well done on the ruined look, plus I always like a little story with the moc, but sometimes for me I get a creative block (NPI).  I can see these mixed up with Mikey's sentry tower, ones that have been renovated, imo would be more reallistic.
Please check out my Flickr and MOCpages.
Kcaj Nosnikta of the Kaliphlin Guild

#4 Basiliscus

Basiliscus

Member: 890

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

Nice work Axel. Lovely little tower and nice backstory - it seems like this is what would happen deep in the desert.  :thumbup:

Wahil Musca, slaver and entrepreneur of Kaliphlin, ambassador to the Emir of Gorr

Latest MOCs
Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image

Flickr

#5 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Nice! some good improvements since last version.

and the lighting effects really make it look / feel like being in the harsh desert sun.
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#6 Hersbrucker

Hersbrucker

• WIP it good

Member: 22070

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

View PostAxel, on 09 December 2011 - 06:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

Nice built, the sword looks like that it is divided, with the belt :laugh:

Posted Image

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it.” Henry Royce †

My BL Shop______My MOCpages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users