ZCerberus

Albion: the capital city of Avalonia

6504980519_83d3664a83_b.jpg

The Avalonian capital city of Albion is located in the eastern grasslands of Avalonia and sits at the junction of the Cadarn and Draconem rivers. Often called the “Pearl City” of Historica, the walled city has been the cultural and economic center of Avalonia for generations. Many of the land’s greatest thinkers, artist, poets, tradesmen and warriors have taken up permanent residence inside the city’s walls.

The city itself is divided into two walled “tiers”.

The elevated inner tier, called the “Inner Sanctum” by the locals, is home not only to the Great Keep of Avalonia, but also dozens of the land’s most beautiful homes, tradesman’s halls, gardens and temples. A great tower on the Inner Sanctum’s southeastern side houses the first telescope known to exist and has given the Avalonians a great tool to monitor their lands and the happenings of their allies and enemies.

The outer tier, known simply as “The Wall”, has proven to be an impregnable guard for the city for generations. The Wall features multiple towers, two small gate houses, a great gatehouse and a small keep said to be the original home to the founder of Avalonia.

Though the city still thrives, peace has made the blade of Albion’s defenses dull, and the luster of the beautiful city wan. With the peace between the guilds of Historica wearing thin, Avalonia’s young leader has recalled the land’s architects and Lords to rebuild the Pearl City to its former glory.

It is time for the mighty capital Albion to be rebuilt!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Rebuilding Albion is a task for all Avalonians. There are many things to create in Albion so keeping your own resources in mind when deciding what to build is important. If you are not blessed with many a gray brick, I would not attempt to create a great tower or gatehouse, but would instead try something more suited to allow you to do your best work. Though creativity and freedom are important aspects of keeping the building fun, scale and cohesion are also important since the Pearl City will represent all of Avalonia. Post requests for a claim on a building in this thread. Any completed MOC may be posted in the history forum in its own thread with "ALBION:" as the first word in the new thread topic.

A reminder of the look our guild was founded on:

Camelot.jpg

11-40_fable_village.jpg

camelot.jpg

INNER SANCTUM:

A few guidelines from Artorious Rex when deciding how “big” you should go, or what materials should be used on the Inner Sanctum:

-Building materials: stone towers, stone gatehouses and stone walls with half-timbered (think “Tudor”) style outcroppings is recommended. Temples, tradesman halls, houses and other buildings can be stone, wood, (combination of both) or any other material that one would expect in a medieval setting. Be creative, but mindful of our desire to keep our capital mighty AND cohesive.

-The height of the curtain walls on the inner tier should be taller than that of the outer tier. I would recommend walls be somewhere around 25 bricks tall as the inner tier is also elevated above the outer wall by a natural rise in the land.

-The foundation (in studs) of a moderate sized house in Albion would be approximately 20 x 16. Tradesman halls, stables, and other buildings would naturally be somewhat larger.

-If the numbered building has a name below but no builder assigned, post in this thread you want to take that building and it will be assigned to you. Artorious Rex would prefer (but does not require) named buildings be built first.

-If the numbered building has no name and no builder assigned, claim the building as your own, post in this thread what you are building and the name of the building and it will be assigned to you.

6493511477_12322875db_b.jpg

Great Keep- Derfel Cadarn

Great Tower- mpoh98

Gatehouse 1- mephistopheles

Gatehouse 2- Silver.Smith

Tower 1-

Tower 2-

Tower 3-

Tower 4- Brickington

1. Library- K.Kreations

2. Dragon Inn- Legonardo

4. Stables - Carson Haupt

7. Wizard Shop- Matn

8. Carpenter's Shop- Brickboy12

9. de Gothia (secret project)

10. Barracks 1- Andonii

11. Barracks 2- Capt. JohnPaul

12. City Guard Barracks- mephistopheles

13. Customs House- mephistopheles

14. Mercury Hall (traders’ guild)- Captain Blackmoor

15. ATC Warehouse- Captain Blackmoor

18. Explorers' House of Goods & Trade- Niku

19. Explorers' Stable- Niku

20. Green Riders' Headquarters- Doornroosje

21. Flight of Dragons stable 1- De Sandman

22. Flight of Dragons stable 2- timura

23. Blacksmith 1- de Gothia

24. Blacksmith 2- Silver.Smith

25. Silver.Smith (soft)

26. Locksmith- lightningtiger

27. Legonardo

28. Bar/Brewery- Legonardo Davidy

29. Bakery- de Gothia

31. Temple of Minerva (Goddess of peace and wisdom)- volcanicpanik

33. Gardener de Gothia

34. Soldier's Home de Gothia

35. Butcher de Gothia

36. Fisherman's House- ZCerberus

37. Vulcan Hall (engineers and manufacturers’ guild)-ZCerberus

38. House of Buress- ZCerberus

39. Temple of Mithras (God/Saint of warriors)- Special Builder

40. Market House- Xyver

42. Brewery- Hellboy

43. Rampant Lion- Andonii

44. Ranger Outpost- K.Kreations

45. Tanner (leather maker)- Andonii

46. Armorer- MikeyB

47. Fletcher (makes arrows)- Legonardo Davidy

48. Bowyer (makes bows)- Brickdoctor

49. Temple of Neptune- volcanicpanik

51. Pottery- de Gothia

52. Weaver- de Gothia

53. FishMonger- brickboy12

54. Forge- ZCerberus

55. Norah's Noria- ZCerberus

57. Temple of Victoria (Goddess of victory)- mephistopheles

58. Aesculapius Hall (apothecaries’ guild)

59. Hecate Hall (mages’ guild)- rogueang

60. Alchemist- Rolli

61. Temple of Ceres (Goddess of Grain)

62. Lions Inn- Cwertle

64.Estate of Lord d'Evereux-Dustin

65. Hemresa Barracks- narbilu

66. Hemresa Map Library - narbilu

67. Hemresa Legion Recruitment- narbilu

68. Temple of Mars (God of war)-volcanicpanik

69. Artisan House- Captain Genaro

70. House- Zach Mills

73. Bacchus Tavern (a tavern!)- Captain Beerbeard

74. Ceylna the Seamstress - MikeyB

75. Royal Opera House- Jason Cicchini

THE WALL:

A few guidelines from Artorious Rex when deciding how “big” you should go, or what materials should be used on The Wall:

-Building materials: stone towers, stone gatehouses and stone walls with half-timbered (think “Tudor”) style outcroppings is recommended.

-The height of the curtain walls on the outer tier should be lower than that of the inner tier. I would recommend walls be somewhere around 20 bricks tall.

-The foundation (in studs) of a moderate sized house in Albion would be approximately 20 x 16.

6504979447_06caea76f5_b.jpg

76. Small Keep-

77. Gatehouse A- TheLegoDr

78. Tower A-

79. Gatehouse B-

80. Tower B- Kerntechniker

81. Tower C- Niku

82. Great Gatehouse and Greffen Bridge- ZCerberus

83. Tower D- Legonardo Davidy

I claim nr. 67 - the Hemresa Legion Post

Guides and mercenaries can sigh up here to join or hire Narbilu and his Hemresa Legion.

I would like to do barracks 1 (10) please, as that is yet to be claimed.

Edited by Andonii

I would like to claim #20 if that is possible to build the headquarters for the Green Riders (the elite messengers of Avalonia). THe name of the building will be "Green Rider Headquarters". I think it is logical to place their headquarters near the other stables.

I would like to take building #19 as Explorers Stables :classic:

I would like to claim #44 as Ranger/Forestman HeadQuarters. A place for rangers and forestmen to restock and rest. Also a place to find men fore hire.

I would like to do a whole section of the city, may I have gatehouse 2 and plots 49 48 25 and 24?

I would like to do a whole section of the city, may I have gatehouse 2 and plots 49 48 25 and 24?

Though there is plenty of room right now, we do have a large guild and we want to be sure everyone gets a chance to build. Therefore I am inclined to give you gatehouse 2 and any one of the plots you requested for now and more when we are further into the build. Which of the four plots would you like, and what are planning?!

I would like to sign up for spot #46 -The armorer.

Is there a deadline on this project? I might need a couple weeks to finish this one. (and another bricklink order!)

Though there is plenty of room right now, we do have a large guild and we want to be sure everyone gets a chance to build. Therefore I am inclined to give you gatehouse 2 and any one of the plots you requested for now and more when we are further into the build. Which of the four plots would you like, and what are planning?!

I was really hoping to make a whole section of the wall including the gatehouse, all 4 plots were right next to each other. May I have at least the gatehouse 2 and plots 24 and 25? I actually already have the blacksmith (plot 24)done since starting tonight.

Is there a deadline on this project? I might need a couple weeks to finish this one. (and another bricklink order!)

No hard deadline, Historica guilds will live on for a while!

I was really hoping to make a whole section of the wall including the gatehouse, all 4 plots were right next to each other. May I have at least the gatehouse 2 and plots 24 and 25? I actually already have the blacksmith (plot 24)done since starting tonight.

24 is yours. I will give a "soft" reservation on 25. If there is still plenty of room when you gatehouse is done, you can have that one as well.

One little question, if you're using Roman Deities for the temples and whatnot, shouldn't Hecate's Temple be Trivia's Temple. Hecate is the Greek Goddess of Magic, Trivia being her Roman counterpart. :wink:

Can the Avalonia Trading Company have a building permits for plot 15 for the large headquarters, and plot 16 for the large warehouse? :blush:

One little question, if you're using Roman Deities for the temples and whatnot, shouldn't Hecate's Temple be Trivia's Temple. Hecate is the Greek Goddess of Magic, Trivia being her Roman counterpart. :wink:

We have derived most of our deities names from the Roman versions. The founder of the mages' guild was of Greek decent and being a proud person, named the guild hall after the Greek Goddess instead. It would be easy enough to just change the name to the Roman version (for the most part they are only different in name) but I like Hecate Hall as a name so much better (the alliteration is killer) that we will go with the decent explanation instead.

Can the Avalonia Trading Company have a building permits for plot 15 for the large headquarters, and plot 16 for the large warehouse? :blush:

Plot 60 was set up as the Mercury Hall (God of messengers and trade) so I am moving Mercury Hall to plot 15. Plot 16 is now your warehouse. I hope you make one awesome warehouse!!

I am building the Barracks with a smaller building and a few things around it. Is that ok?

Just keep in mind that we are trying to keep some sense of scale and cohesion so don't go too crazy with 10 buildings in that one plot!

I claim 80 the big tower of the first wall.

I've one question a wall is 20 bricks tal, but how many bricks wide?

Edited by Kerntechniker