Some Pirate-esque Adventures mocs by Polska95

10 replies to this topic

#1 oo7

oo7

• Master Carpenter

Member: 788

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

Our beloved adventurers have visited the scorching deserts Egypt, the Rainforests of South America, a secret island of dinosaurs, the icy peeks of the Himalayas, and the lush forests of India and China. Where should they visit next? Tropical Caribbean Islands and their lost temples of mysterious origin!

What particularly attracted me to this series of mocs was the enormous and beautiful Library. *wub*

Posted Image

Phes and his fellow pirates over at the pirate forum would also enjoy these, but I don’t want to make more than one thread. But that is also why I would love to see Lego make something like this (but smaller, of course), I love Adventures and I love Pirates, so this balances them out perfectly and gives people the best of both worlds.

This guy sure has a lot of Imperial Armada Minifigs, and I love them with that “Euro Armor”. Heck, I could have even posted this in the town forum becuse of the astounding library.

The Gallery

EDIT: Why do I always spell a word in the title wrong, I forgot the second R in Adventurers. :-|
Posted Image

#2 Starwars4J

Starwars4J

Member: 257

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:29 PM

*jawdrop*

Phenomenal...very nice designs  *wacko*

#3 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

• Saloon Gambler

Member: 646

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:12 AM

8-°  this guy has a great cinematic eye !!!  those are some great islander shots !!!

Posted Image

Phes and his fellow pirates over at the pirate forum would also enjoy these
or maybe they wouldn't...  there isn't much islander talk over there  |-/   and in actual history, islanders probably have more to do with History & Adventure than to do with Pirates  :-D  :-D  :-D

thanks for sharing these, its great to see the islander faces again !!!
and those library shots are just as dynamic...  definitely a good artistic eye behind them.

- BrickMiner
check out my about me thread.

also, check out The LEGO Western Expansion MOC Page at MOCpages.com !!!
and Brick Miner's Extras BrickLink.com store !!!

#4 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:18 AM

View Postoo7, on Sep 24 2006, 08:24 AM, said:

Phes and his fellow pirates over at the pirate forum would also enjoy these, but I don’t want to make more than one thread. But that is also why I would love to see Lego make something like this (but smaller, of course), I love Adventures and I love Pirates, so this balances them out perfectly and gives people the best of both worlds.

Aside from the library image this can pretty much be classified as a Pirate MOC.  Even the Brickshelf Folder description reads "On a small island in the Caribbean, the natives use it as a place of worship, thowing offerings into the lagoon" so feel free to create another thread for it in the Pirate MOC subforum.  If you don't someone else probably will...

View PostBrick Miner, on Sep 24 2006, 12:12 PM, said:

Phes and his fellow pirates over at the pirate forum would also enjoy these or maybe they wouldn't...  there isn't much islander talk over there  |-/

Stuff of nonsense old chap!  We love our islanders and there are a few islander MOCs in the Pirate MOC subforum, but I suspect someone hasn't taken the time to look for them.  I'm going to be extensively explorer Islanders as soon as time permits, but in the mean time you feel free to contribute any Islander MOCs you like.

Posted Image

#5 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:13 AM

Must stay in History and Adventure!  I thought all the pirates are locked in the Stockade!  :-D

The library is awesome!  I love the upper section and the ceiling.  I even see the detailed Egyptian artifact section behind glass.  That's great detail.

As far as the Islander MOC goes, that's great too.  Great perspective.

#6 oo7

oo7

• Master Carpenter

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Sep 23 2006, 11:18 PM, said:

View Postoo7, on Sep 24 2006, 08:24 AM, said:

Aside from the library image this can pretty much be classified as a Pirate MOC.  Even the Brickshelf Folder description reads "On a small island in the Caribbean, the natives use it as a place of worship, thowing offerings into the lagoon" so feel free to create another thread for it in the Pirate MOC subforum.  If you don't someone else probably will...
OK, will do. I also just noticed that my subtitle is too long and the end has been cut off. |-/

Aside from the library image this can pretty much be classified as a Pirate MOC.

heh heh, and aside from everything except the library this can pretty much be classified as a Town MOC. :-P

View PostBrick Miner, on Sep 24 2006, 12:12 PM, said:

Phes and his fellow pirates over at the pirate forum would also enjoy these or maybe they wouldn't...  there isn't much islander talk over there  |-/

Stuff of nonsense old chap!  We love our islanders and there are a few islander MOCs in the Pirate MOC subforum, but I suspect someone hasn't taken the time to look for them.  I'm going to be extensively explorer Islanders as soon as time permits, but in the mean time you feel free to contribute any Islander MOCs you like.

I concur, Phes. And Brick Miner, next time you visit the pirate forum (or switch the skin on any forum) take the some time to examine the top right coner. ;-)

Hmm, somehow I don't think people would be allowed to drink and gamble in a library.
Posted Image

#7 Bonaparte

Bonaparte

• Christmas Moose

Member: 822

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

The library is awsome. So much details.
It must have taken a very long time and lots of brick to make it.
I wonder if it was buiid for an exibition?
Also the pictures are very professional.
The creator must have great artictic skills.

Want to find out more about our Reviewers Academy? Just click the logo.

Posted Image

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#8 Mister Phes

Mister Phes

• Uncle Sam edit!

Member: 273

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

View Postoo7, on Sep 24 2006, 11:26 PM, said:

I concur, Phes. And Brick Miner, next time you visit the pirate forum (or switch the skin on any forum) take the some time to examine the top right coner. ;-)

He's already seen the top right corner of the Pirate Skin.  But that's only a rushed prototype, when I have the time I'm going to completely redesign that banner and there's going to be a whole heap more Islander presence up there.

Posted Image

#9 Norro

Norro

• Writer & Director and Old Grey fetishist

Member: 315

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

I really like that library! Thanks so much for sharing! God bless,

Nathan
Posted Image

#10 oo7

oo7

• Master Carpenter

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

View PostMister Phes, on Sep 24 2006, 11:35 AM, said:

He's already seen the top right corner of the Pirate Skin.  But that's only a rushed prototype, when I have the time I'm going to completely redesign that banner and there's going to be a whole heap more Islander presence up there.

I'm fine with the background, tabs, and the banner of the pirate forum but I do not like the red and blue folders or the scapled Redbeard icons that much. About how long would it take and how hard would it be to replace the blue and red folders with these icons Brick Miner has created?
Posted Image
etc.

BTW, if anyone feels they want to inform Polska95 about this disscusion, feel free, the honor is yours. Just in case you didn't see it in the folder his/her E-mail adress is Polska95@AOL.com
Posted Image

#11 Brick Miner

Brick Miner

• Saloon Gambler

Member: 646

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:53 PM

About how long would it take and how hard would it be to replace the blue and red folders with these icons Brick Miner has created?
i think phes is looking upgrade all the graphics November-ish...  and we will see the folders and "scalped" redbeard replaced then  ;-)

when I have the time I'm going to completely redesign that banner and there's going to be a whole heap more Islander presence up there.
really ??? !!! ??? !!!  a "heap" more  8-°  cool...  i can't wait.  

again, i love those islanders  X-D

- BrickMiner
check out my about me thread.

also, check out The LEGO Western Expansion MOC Page at MOCpages.com !!!
and Brick Miner's Extras BrickLink.com store !!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users