rm8

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2011 (150). Supercar scale 1:9.5

PROJECT IS FINISHED. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150. Studless 1:9.5 scale model.

Finally, glad to present it studless!

2012_10_23_17_33.jpg

Body is fully studless

Dimension:

67х31х29 cm

52,5х25x23,5 studs

Mass: 2480 g.

1) V6 engine connected to wheels through gearbox and transferbox

2) 5+R speed manual gearbox

3) Full time 4WD or RWD transmission modes. Mode can be selected from cockpit

4) Central and rear axle differential can be locked separately from cockpit

5) Working steering wheel

6) Front suspension independent, double wishbone

7) Rear suspension solid live, 4-Link lateral

8) Transformable 5-seater saloon

9) Openable doors, bonnet, backdoor and backdoor's glass

There are many other improvements of exterior and interior after first studded version. Mechanics is the same.

There are many other things to improve, but i wanna stop.

As for motorization: i understand one thing- for driving I have to mount unimogs portal hubs at each wheel. This is the only way to save all gears and joints from destructive torque on such heavy model. I can mount portal hubs atfront suspension with existing Double wishbones But... It is sad, but I cant fit wheel with hub at existing front arches. Wheel is to far from pivot point. Lifting independent suspension is impossible. Thats why offroaders like Land cruiser 105 with its front live axle.

Next time i will make something with live axles to motorize it.

Building time - 14 months

toyota-land-cruiser-prado-150_57079.jpg

toyota-land-cruiser-prado-150_57077.jpg

toyota-land-cruiser-prado-150_57080.jpg

2012_10_23_17_34.jpg

Nature:

2012_10_23_%2525201_44.jpg

2012_10_23_%2525201_42.jpg

2012_10_23_%2525201_42.jpg

2012_10_23_%2525201_41.jpg

Controls:

2012_10_22_11_49.jpg

2012_10_22_12_%2525202.jpg

Finally, video

HOPE YOU LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE;)

Many photos here: vk.com/technic_club

and here https://picasaweb.go...546517966583677

WIP DISCUSSON IS BELOW

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everybody,

I`m Egor, from Russia.

I left my dark ages this year after 11 year pause:) I want to introduce you my first big MOC.

I was in Europe this autumn for 1 month vacation with my wife and son. So I was surprised how rare big suv`s at your road. May be it`s because of expensive fuel and excellent roads. If you visit Russia you will be surprised how terrible roads are outside the Moscow, and fuel is two times cheap. And it will be not surprise for you that we are drive (or dream to drive) big SUV`s, even if we live in city like Moscow with relatively good roads.

So, I decided to build supercar, but not like Porsche or Lambo, but big fullsize frame-based SUV, like we love. Can`t tell you the model I choose (body not ready yet, secret). But, today I can show you the chassis.

It`s a frame-based SUV with:

1) V6 engine connected to wheels through gearbox and transferbox

2) 5 speed manual gearbox + R

3) Full time 4WD / Rear WD transmission, mode can be selected from cockpit

4) Central and rear axle differential can be locked separately from cockpit

5) Working steering from steering wheel

6) Front suspension independent, double wishbone

7) Rear suspension solid, 4-Link lateral

8) Moving front seats.

You can imagine the scale – wheels from Unimog 8110. Today, without body, it looks like “Test car 8865” or “Auto chassis 853, 8860”.

IMG_2971.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2974.JPG

Front

IMG_2984.JPG

Back

IMG_2986.JPG

IMG_2976.JPG

IMG_2988.JPG

Rear axle with 2 shafts: main drive shaft and difflock shaft

IMG_2989.JPG

Front open diff

IMG_2990.JPG

Gerabox (right) and transferbox (left)

IMG_2991.JPG

Rear axle: no panhard rod - axle is stable enough. But may be I will mount rod for reality.

IMG_2987.JPG

IMG_2992.JPG

Front suspension

IMG_2994.JPG

Engine

IMG_2975.JPG

Cockpit

Sticks between seats:

1.grey - choose transmisson mode 4wd/rwd

2.red - locks central diff (1st position) or central+rear (2nd position)

IMG_2978.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

IMG_2973.JPG

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3003.JPG

Articulation is enough for real (stock) SUV

IMG_2996.JPG

IMG_2998.JPG

IMG_2999.JPG

ALBUM LINK

Edited by rm8

Sorry, no video today. :classic:

Waiting for your feedback :tongue:

Edited by rm8

@ rm8: Your SUV Supercar looks very sophisticated! :thumbup: I'm going to guess that you are building a Mercedes-Benz Gelandewagen -- am I right?

g-wagen-30_lux-opt.jpg

@ rm8: Your SUV Supercar looks very sophisticated! :thumbup: I'm going to guess that you are building a Mercedes-Benz Gelandewagen -- am I right?

Thank you.

Gelandewagen`s front suspension is not independent, as I know :wink:

p.s.But it`s body is "square" enough to build it easy with lego :thumbup: And I also have a "Mercedes star" sign from well known set :classic:

Edited by rm8

Are you building a Lamborghini LM002?

no :laugh: , my car is not so exotic, it`s serially produced consumer car. First, I will try to make real-look body, then I can tell the model.

Edited by rm8

How about this Lada SUV Concept? :tongue:

:thumbup: with v6 and full off-road packet :laugh:

Edited by rm8

This is awesome! You have done a great job so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of your build.

My Toyota 4Runner has a drivetrain similar to yours. Body on frame, V6, 5spd tranny, part-time 4wd (no center diff though), solid rear axle, and independent front suspension. Are you building a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado? Or maybe a Nissan Patrol or Pathfinder? Maybe a Mitsubishi Pajero?

Looks great! Nice to see another Technic builder on the forum.

Great job so far :-) I really like big and complex models. I guess it could be Audi Q7 3.0 tdi, VW Touareg 3.0 tdi or Porsche Cayenne 3.2, due to the v6 engine configuration, although they all have tiptronic (6 or 7 sped Audi and Porsche) or DSG ( 7 speed VW ) Nevertheless, I am looking forward to your progress :-)

Hi Egor,

Welcome to Eurobricks!

I love car chassis models (I guess they remind me of the old days). Your model looks great. Would love to build it. Keep up the good work!! default_thumbup.gif

Would be interesting to see different builders finish it in a different way. So building instructions would be great :wink:

Great job so far :-) I really like big and complex models. I guess it could be Audi Q7 3.0 tdi, VW Touareg 3.0 tdi or Porsche Cayenne 3.2, due to the v6 engine configuration, although they all have tiptronic (6 or 7 sped Audi and Porsche) or DSG ( 7 speed VW ) Nevertheless, I am looking forward to your progress :-)

I also think Audi. I would say BMW X5 but I believe they're all straight engines. It could also be a Nissan / Infiniti as they use V6 petrols

Hello,

Thank you for comments :classic:

Here some videos

Gearbox

Transmission

Edited by rm8

Love the seats!! Simple, yet awesome default_thumbup.gif

Other functions

Edited by rm8

This is one awesome super car, i cant wait to see more! Are you planing to make it R/C?

tim

I tested chassis with xl motors, but i don't know how to attach motor/-s (saving gearbox and transferbox at frame) close as it is possible to wheels to prevent gear/axle breaking when car drives at obstacles ( weight of model is to big for plastic axles and gears)

But there is another way: car is constructed that way that gearbox and transferbox is a one big modul inserted at frame, so it is easily detachable from car frame. Empty space in frame after detachabling transmission can be filled by xl motors and battery block. So RC is possible.:)

Well, I have an update. Hope you like it :wink:

Photos!!!

Edited by rm8

I really like that. Has made me really want to spend more time working on my own designs - probably without PF in them this time haha