Space Marines!

530 replies to this topic

#426 Hrw-Amen

Hrw-Amen

Member: 17080

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Fantastic news, i really hope this is made into a theme, would be a real knock for the whole programme in my opinion if it gets refused. Would like to see a whole theme but even one set would be good especially if it is a big one.

#427 hjmediastudios

hjmediastudios

• Just loves lobsters

Member: 16408

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

I'd like to thank everyone with a little message I prepared a while back:

In no particular order, I'd like to thank the following people for helping the Space Marines to the coveted 10,000 supporter mark. First up are my two (awesome) collaborators:
  • Greenlead: Perhaps more than anyone else, Greenlead has been an enthusiastic spreader of the Space Marines gospel, and a superb ideas man. He gets the credit for molding my half-formed ideas about a galactic civilization into a coherent narrative, and providing all kinds of support along the way.
  • CrashSanders: Two words: Drop Pod. I have no idea how someone can take something so small and turn it into something so cool. In addition, it's nice to now that there's someone who will scream “READ THE FAQ!” so you don't have to.
A few more people have been indispensable in helping out.
  • GlenBricker: The deadline was looming and it looked like things were going to come down to the wire to hit 10k before the review deadline, but this gentleman took it upon himself to promote the Space Marines on Brickset- and that provided the final push. Kudos to GlenBricker as well for his superb Cuusoo-tracking site, a true aid to any project creator.
  • Tim Courtney: The Cuusoo man in charge who keeps things decent even when it's difficult. I can think of no other site manager who's displayed the consistent level of class that Mr. Courtney has exemplified.
  • DraikNova: For updating the Eurobricks thread faster than I though humanly possible and spreading the red-armored gospel across Eurobricks, DraikNova deserves a round of applause.
  • The Blendswap.com staff: The Blender file-swapping site saw the debut of the Space Marines, and Blendswap has continued to provide an excellent outlet for me to learn more about Blender and enhance my presentation skills. The Space Marines would not exist without Blendswap.
  • Ultron32: Because sometimes you need someone to cast a critical eye over your set design and tell you what sucks about it.
  • DINO: For keeping the Space Marines community abreast of what's going on in the wider world of LEGO.
  • Tenebrae, Lindel, and xxstormxx: Every project needs at least one person who sticks with it and helps keep things moving along in a civil manner, and these three have helped tremendously with the Space Marines in this regard.
  • BrickKart and the rest of the “university staff:” For giving me the biggest laughs I've had in a long, long time with their ideas for gonzo classes, faculty, and locations.
  • The Eurobricks & Flickr communities: For providing a load of interesting and informative critiques on everything from themes to building techniques.
  • Supporters: Because we wouldn't be getting 10k without 10,000 people who are committed to the cause. Thanks everyone for helping out.
  • My playtesters: For playing with every model in the line without complaint, even if the Marines were just Galaxy Patrol placeholders.
  • People I didn't mention: Hey, this project's been going strong for almost a year now and my memory is finite. Thanks to everyone I've forgotten to mention.
I'd like to conclude with a couple very special thanks:
  • nnenn: The Space builder who has inspired me more than any other. The LEGO community will always miss you, and I'll never be half as good.
  • Real Marines: It's thanks to you that I can do stupid stuff like this. I can never thank you enough.

Edited by hjmediastudios, 29 November 2012 - 11:16 PM.

Check out my new Steampunk/Dieselpunk hybrid Cuusoo project: Hyperborea!

#428 Crash Sanders

Crash Sanders

Member: 3771

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Many thanks to you too, Nick! It was pleasure to participationg in such an awesome project! And yes, sometimes reading FAQ will save you from a shameful and awkward moments. ;)
I hope to continue to work with you and other guys on Space Marines as something big, not limited with one specific set.

#429 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Congrats Nick!  It's great to see this finally make it.  Definitely deserves it.  Hopefully we'll be able to buy this! :sweet:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#430 ZohnyP

ZohnyP

Member: 29643

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

Congratulations Nick! I remember when the first time I saw the Space Marines project on Cuusoo and being totally blown away by the set designs. Like Masked Builder said "Hopefully we'll be able to buy this!"

#431 Yatkuu

Yatkuu

• Valiant effort

Member: 9984

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Congratulations Nick, I know for a fact that CUUSOO is an endeavour that really puts your will to the test. You managed to keep the project going for a very long time and that alone is already a feat to be commended. Enjoy this moment and I sincerly wish you the best with the review, no matter what happens this one is already a part of LEGO history.

#432 PsyKater

PsyKater

• I am Adriano. Please be nice.

Member: 30022

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

Congratulations! The article on Brickset made me vote for this now as well (thought I had done it before).  I am very curious what TLG will say.
- PsyKater [psyː'kɑtɐ]

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster

in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!

247 years old Dwarven Mage

[stats] | [story] | [intro] | [currently on the Fields of Glory]

Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)

Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer

in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis

2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer

Posted Image

We opened a new BrickLink Store for you: steinreich24.com - From fans for fans! Learn more about our idea in the Bazaar!

#433 yogurt

yogurt

Member: 32864

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Excellent news. Might be some decent sci-fi stuff to look forward to now. Congratulations guys.

#434 DraikNova

DraikNova

• Exploded Brains.

Member: 28078

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Congrats. And now we´re safe from the monday deadline. Whew. And thank you for this awesome project HJ!

Edited by DraikNova, 30 November 2012 - 04:44 PM.

Ninjago. The only place where robot octopods, purple cyborg dragons and magical chainsaws are to be expected.

My MOCpages
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions

#435 heofthehothbrick

heofthehothbrick

Member: 8628

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Congrats and thanks for sharing this universe with us. Now it's fingers crossed for a positive result of the review stage. Come on Lego - this is a winner for sure!

#436 CallMePie

CallMePie

• DAMN Heroica badass

Member: 7199

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Congrats on 10k. Hopefully we'll all be able to get our hands on some of your Space Marines eventually. :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 34 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Miderun, Level 5 Barbarian in Sandy's Heroica RPG

#437 Wedge09

Wedge09

• One-shot kill, one-shot kill, one-shot kill!

Member: 29763

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Congrats to have reached 100.000 supporters and thank you for this fantastic project :thumbup: :thumbup:  I hope this project will be realty :wink:

My gallery on Flickr, My gallery on Brickshelf as WedgeNT, My (tiny) collection & don't forget to visit my new blog Life in a Brick

Posted ImagePosted Image

Alexander Vandangant, 99-year-old male Elf Hunter in Sandy's HeroicaRPG

and proud member of Avalonia

Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes

Come to ridiscover the Guilds of Historica

P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309

#438 Algernon

Algernon

• Not a Doofus

Member: 2558

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

I'd like to add my congradulations as well. You've really earned this and you have the support of the AFOL community. :thumbup:

#439 Bob De Quatre

Bob De Quatre

• Meanwhile in tumbleweed town...

Member: 29683

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Congrat's on the 10k! :classic:

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#440 Algernon

Algernon

• Not a Doofus

Member: 2558

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

By the way, LEGO's official comments are very positive - I think you've got a chance at getting this approved mate!

#441 Onatu

Onatu

Member: 28917

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Dude, congratulations.  I've been watching Space Marines' progression virtually since the beginning when I first found it, and it pleases me to no end that you made it to 10,000 finally.  Best of luck during the review, hopefully Lego will approve and bring this to fruition!

#442 Hikaro Takayama

Hikaro Takayama

Member: 20752

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Congratulations!  I'm happy you made 10K supporters, HJ!  If I only get one set next year, I'll make sure I get this one, provided it passed LEGO's review process (and I'm fairly confident it will!)

Genderfluid and proud of it.

"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out."  - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta

#443 Dannylonglegs

Dannylonglegs

• Likes pinching Klingons

Member: 5222

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Whoo hoo! Great job! I can't wait to see what Lego does with your suggestion! You really deserved those 10,000, and I'm proud that my brother and I contributed to your cause! :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Here's my Flickr account.

/|\_M_/|\
|

#444 AoNZ

AoNZ

Member: 3367

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

Congratulations!
It was really awesome to see the Space Marines in the main banner on the CUUSOO site.
Awesome work and can't wait to see what's in store next.

#445 vynsane

vynsane

Member: 10811

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Man, it's been a long, but steady, crawl to the finish line - congrats! All your hard work has paid off. I really hope this passes the review!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

The SVG Decals Library - Discuss on EB | Contribute on GitHub

#446 Tuchito

Tuchito

Member: 27769

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:23 PM

The best cusoo project ever! The colours, figures and the vehicles are fantastic!

#447 zzzxxxxzzz

zzzxxxxzzz

Member: 19144

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

Congratulations!

#448 Crash Sanders

Crash Sanders

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Aww damn, Games Workshop did it. They asked CUUSOO to delete the project.
We need new name quickly! Something like Starfare Troopers...

#449 hjmediastudios

hjmediastudios

• Just loves lobsters

Member: 16408

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Don't worry- I've been working with both Games Workshop and the Cuusoo team to resolve the issue. Things will work out fine.
Check out my new Steampunk/Dieselpunk hybrid Cuusoo project: Hyperborea!

#450 Crash Sanders

Crash Sanders

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

I knew that you're up to something Nick! =)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users