Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:13 PM
- Greenlead: Perhaps more than anyone else, Greenlead has been an enthusiastic spreader of the Space Marines gospel, and a superb ideas man. He gets the credit for molding my half-formed ideas about a galactic civilization into a coherent narrative, and providing all kinds of support along the way.
- CrashSanders: Two words: Drop Pod. I have no idea how someone can take something so small and turn it into something so cool. In addition, it's nice to now that there's someone who will scream “READ THE FAQ!” so you don't have to.
- GlenBricker: The deadline was looming and it looked like things were going to come down to the wire to hit 10k before the review deadline, but this gentleman took it upon himself to promote the Space Marines on Brickset- and that provided the final push. Kudos to GlenBricker as well for his superb Cuusoo-tracking site, a true aid to any project creator.
- Tim Courtney: The Cuusoo man in charge who keeps things decent even when it's difficult. I can think of no other site manager who's displayed the consistent level of class that Mr. Courtney has exemplified.
- DraikNova: For updating the Eurobricks thread faster than I though humanly possible and spreading the red-armored gospel across Eurobricks, DraikNova deserves a round of applause.
- The Blendswap.com staff: The Blender file-swapping site saw the debut of the Space Marines, and Blendswap has continued to provide an excellent outlet for me to learn more about Blender and enhance my presentation skills. The Space Marines would not exist without Blendswap.
- Ultron32: Because sometimes you need someone to cast a critical eye over your set design and tell you what sucks about it.
- DINO: For keeping the Space Marines community abreast of what's going on in the wider world of LEGO.
- Tenebrae, Lindel, and xxstormxx: Every project needs at least one person who sticks with it and helps keep things moving along in a civil manner, and these three have helped tremendously with the Space Marines in this regard.
- BrickKart and the rest of the “university staff:” For giving me the biggest laughs I've had in a long, long time with their ideas for gonzo classes, faculty, and locations.
- The Eurobricks & Flickr communities: For providing a load of interesting and informative critiques on everything from themes to building techniques.
- Supporters: Because we wouldn't be getting 10k without 10,000 people who are committed to the cause. Thanks everyone for helping out.
- My playtesters: For playing with every model in the line without complaint, even if the Marines were just Galaxy Patrol placeholders.
- People I didn't mention: Hey, this project's been going strong for almost a year now and my memory is finite. Thanks to everyone I've forgotten to mention.
- nnenn: The Space builder who has inspired me more than any other. The LEGO community will always miss you, and I'll never be half as good.
- Real Marines: It's thanks to you that I can do stupid stuff like this. I can never thank you enough.
Edited by hjmediastudios, 29 November 2012 - 11:16 PM.
Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:14 AM
I hope to continue to work with you and other guys on Space Marines as something big, not limited with one specific set.
Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:43 AM
Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:05 AM
Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster
in Sandy's Heroica! The RPG!
247 years old Dwarven Mage
Timezone: CEST (UTC/GMT+2)
Retak Yps, Nephilim Necromancer
in Sandy's Heroica RPG - Cruel Angel's Thesis
2013 years old male Fenerian Necromancer
Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:43 PM
Edited by DraikNova, 30 November 2012 - 04:44 PM.
Galaxy Squad Set Suggestions
Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:55 PM
and proud member of Avalonia
Wedge09, proud member of the Rebel Alliance in Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka
Weyrdág, in Sandy's Cruel Angel’s Thesis ~ Downfall of Heroes
P.S: M¥ n4m3$ 1$ W3Ð9309
Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:28 PM
Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:53 AM
Genderfluid and proud of it.
"Wot's faster than a warbuggy, more killy than a warbike, and flies through da air like a bird? I got no bleedin' idea, but I'm gonna find out." - Kog da Flymek, pioneer of the Deffkopta
Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:01 PM
Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive
The SVG Decals Library - Discuss on EB | Contribute on GitHub
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users