hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

6456134237_9f280de8d9_z.jpg

These classily-attired gentlemen are a set of Neo-Classic-Space Space Marines, defending the frontiers of the Federation against green-tentacled menaces. Their armor is loosely based off of the upcoming Series 7 collectible minifigure Space Marine, but the rest is a completely new design in Blender 3D by me. If you want to download these guys and play around with them, you can- the entire scene is available under a Creative Commons license on Blendswap.

Enjoy!

If these appeal to you, and you want to see them as an actual set, remember to support the Space Marines on Lego Cuusoo!

Update 05/06/2012:

A new header image for the Cuusoo project!

7003871372_745be8b102_z.jpg

Header by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

Edited by hjmediastudios
Reduced pic's size

Very cool. I like how you did the weapons, I wish LEGO would produce a piece like this. I also like the HUD. I wish LEGO would produce a visor like this too, but when the official collectible fig comes out, It seems likely that this detail will be printed on the face. Nice rendering!

Awesome Job!

I bet TLG is rethinking the series 7 figure after seeing your renditions. Well Done!

Just noticed the small space logo in between the chevrons and rockers for the GySgt rank insignia.

from a former US Marine- Oooh Rah!

:grin:

Edited by ETAV8R

Thanks, everyone. ETAV8R- I plan to join the USMC after graduation, so I've taken to using these guys as fun little flashcards to help me memorize ranks.

P.S. Thank you for your service. People like you let people like me mess around with stuff like this.

Great job indeed...love the colours and the look...and you chose wisely to print a trans-black visor rather than printing right on the face...

Yes and no, actually. I do indeed have a targeting reticule printed on the minifig's face, but the HUD obscures it.

Update: More pics!

6456845073_3ee12ac2df.jpg

Squad Leader Profile Pic by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

A profile picture/avatar-style shot. It'd be nice if you'd let me know if you use it.

6456845945_402f9f4c27_z.jpg

A low-angle hero shot for the cool people.

6456846449_b6e78ef559_z.jpg

Real men don't bother with parachutes.

6456848069_5f117570fd_z.jpg

Somethin's happening, but Gunny Stevens and Private First Class Kowalski have no idea what.

Edited by LuxorV
Reduced pics' size

Very cool !! :wub:

I would love to see a squad of these guys attacking my desktop !

Totally AWESOME 'hjmediastudios', how about a landing craft for them ? :wink:

Sweet weapons, sick armour too ! :grin:

Keep them coming 'hjmediastudios'. :classic:

Can't say anythiong more, than already said above... but WOW! :laugh:

I want one.

You know, these aren't just pretty pictures. If any of you know Blender, or would like to learn, you can download these guys and play around with them. I've set it up so that hopefully even a CG novice can pose and animate them pretty easily.

Thanks, everyone. ETAV8R- I plan to join the USMC after graduation, so I've taken to using these guys as fun little flashcards to help me memorize ranks.

P.S. Thank you for your service. People like you let people like me mess around with stuff like this.

Welcome.

When you say graduation do you mean from highschool or college? Are you in the DEP already? What are your goals in the Marine Corps?

I don't see a rank on that Lance Coolie...the only Marine w/o visible rank is a Private. PM me if you don't feel like commenting on your future service in this thread.

I just fired off a message.

The Space Marines don't have armor insignia until the rank of Sergeant- the HUDs do it all. After that, the idea is that the NCOs should be readily visible if the power goes out.

These guys are insanely cool... congratulations! It's amazing the things that can be done with these 3D softwares.

It's in early ideas stage right about now, but so far I'm thinking of it as a sort of real-time strategy game where you control a squad of Space Marines who are acting as a first-strike team on Fornax Twelve.

Update: The first in a series of poster-quality Space Marine Guides: No. 1: Marine Equipment.

6463404789_f366604f32_z.jpg

Space Marine Guide: Equipment by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

Alternatively, you can check out a hi-res, printable CC edition on Deviantart. Future editions include entries on training, rank structure, history, enemies, and combat operations.

You have 10 supporters now !!

I was thinking , if LEGo doesn't want to make them , perhaps brickarms or brickforge can do it !!

These figs are great, they remind me of a bit of "space: above and beyond" and "Aliens" perhaps even Starship troopers ( the cartoon series ) !

I even made them my desktop picture !! So sweet are these figs !!

Great to hear it, Saint. I don't think Brickarms or Brickforge would produce actual minifigures, and the color I used is a new one (medium sand red), so I guess my best bet is to get 9,990 more supporters. :cry_happy:

6468659349_aa65b950dd_z.jpg

Space Marine Guide: Marine Officers by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

6465747001_ae828213e3_z.jpg

Space Marine Guide: Training by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

Edited by hjmediastudios

Not quite what I expected when I saw the topic. These little guys actually look great. I'm not convinced of the aliens, though.

How about Bugs ?? Those come in al sorts of nastiness :devil: landbugs, flying bugs , spacebugs .. waterbugs ... They can differ from planet to planet :sweet: .

I was thinking about some kind of Mech unit for close support, loosely modelled on the powerminers minimech 8957, grappling arm and a nasty weapon in the other , some kind of sweet greenish color and marine red would do the trick. Hmmm I'll have a go tomorrow and make some pictures :devil:

grtz Saint