[LDD MOCs] Brickdoctor's 2011 Star Wars Advent Calendar

235 replies to this topic

#226 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

View Postfallenangel309, on 26 December 2011 - 08:46 AM, said:

One should especially note the wonderfully done engine area, with cheese slopes around a steering wheel.:sweet: Though I should add a small note... that small area in the middle of the cheese? I do believe that's a window. :laugh: :wink: One could simply replace the round plate, stud, and inverted saucer attached to the ring with ones in black, or even remove them, in which case I would also add:

Another small point; as with your x1, I also think you could have included the darker bits visible through the lower half of the windscreen. But the highlights of this model make that nitpick insignificant.
Thanks, Fallen. I don't remember why I didn't make that inverted dish black or transparent. :wacko: I did have to skimp a bit on the interior, though. As with the rest of the advent models, this was a one-day build and I didn't want to spend much time on the interior.

#227 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Member: 4964

Posted 26 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 26 December 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

I did have to skimp a bit on the interior, though. As with the rest of the advent models, this was a one-day build and I didn't want to spend much time on the interior.

That's understandable, since many of the actual models didn't even have cockpits. :laugh:

#228 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 26 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 26 December 2011 - 07:44 AM, said:

To finish it all off:
Posted Image
My LDD TIE Collection, including the TIE/in from my forthcoming proper post for the Jedi Community Build.

That TIE Interceptor is beautiful, and seeing them together is a great image. Also a fantastic end to your Advent Calendar.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#229 Oky

Oky

• I am O-ky, English-German relations

Member: 2028

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:36 AM

Aw! I was expecting a miniland-scale Santa Yoda! :tongue: But this is great too, perhaps even better considering how much better you are at vehicles! Those look all great, and as I said in the funnies thread, congratulations for completing your calendar! You had a lot more work to do than me; I just had to take pictures of minifigs and come up with funny captions for them, but you had to make an original MOC each day! I don't think I could ever do that, so hats off to you, Sir. :classic:

Posted Image

Happy Holidays!

#230 Jedi master Brick

Jedi master Brick

Member: 17806

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

Well done on finishing the calendar, all of the models were superb  :thumbup: .  I really think it is a feat to do a MOC a day,   :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image[bElgar Gligin, [/b]human, 24 years old, level 22 2/3 druid in Heroica RPG
Jeddam Ashenbow in Sandy's Cruel angel's theis

#231 Hollander

Hollander

Member: 17672

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

A TIE-interceptor is indeed better than a LDD Yoda, not in the last place because a detailed and well designed figure would require illegal connections, at least in most of the cases.

#232 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

View PostOky, on 31 December 2011 - 10:36 AM, said:

You had a lot more work to do than me; I just had to take pictures of minifigs and come up with funny captions for them, but you had to make an original MOC each day! I don't think I could ever do that, so hats off to you, Sir. :classic:
Thanks. :classic:

But I'm not really good at making up jokes, so I think I'd have a harder time with the funnies.

#233 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

You finished it!  I would have just given up on the 15th. :laugh: :tongue:  Those TIEs look great as does the tree.  I got a bit lazy in the Star Wars forum towards them end there. :grin:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#234 Blanik

Blanik

Member: 30590

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

I was just checking whether my current Lego project can be found via Google - instead I found Brickdoctors Midi Scale X-Wing! Great ship! If you like, have a look at MY Midi Scale X-Wing at http://lego.cuusoo.c...Blanik#projects ! I am currently pleased with the engine and wing configuration, but I wonder, if it would lead to an improvement of the fuselage if I'd introduce a fuselage-style like Brickdoctors.

#235 Ritz Brick

Ritz Brick

Member: 12527

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

View PostBlanik, on 24 August 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

I was just checking whether my current Lego project can be found via Google - instead I found Brickdoctors Midi Scale X-Wing! Great ship! If you like, have a look at MY Midi Scale X-Wing at http://lego.cuusoo.c...Blanik#projects ! I am currently pleased with the engine and wing configuration, but I wonder, if it would lead to an improvement of the fuselage if I'd introduce a fuselage-style like Brickdoctors.

Well I hardly see the need to bump a year old topic just to advertise your moc.
Posted Image

#236 Blanik

Blanik

Member: 30590

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Well, not really... currently I am not satisfied completely with my forward fuselage. Changing it into a more tapered shape is desireable, if it then compatible with my aft fuselage.

And I wonder how the engine body - engine nozzle attachment works.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users