Zam Kuric is cracking under the pressure. Night has come, and he has scuttled off to a remote corner to drown his sorrows.
As is always the case for those hanging around outside at night, he is making a poor decision. To his left, there is a snap as a twig breaks underfoot.
Zam, already stunted from the liquor, doesn't quite believe what he's seeing. "Are you an elf," he asks the creature.
The creature only has this to say:
"Walla walla bonga!"
And with that, Kuric is no longer on this mortal coil.
As the creature scuttles back from whence it came, a second figure pops out from the shadows, humming a familiar tune.
I'z the one who pounds them down,
I pounds them down intos the ground,
I smashes their skulls and stomps their balls,
Then I smears them around the town.
He takes a look at the scene in front of him and crawls back into the shadows.
Zam Kuric was Town.
In the early hours, before the boy king is awake, mother speaks to Lord Wolverton.
"Wolverton, the kingdom is collapsing. Will this gambit be successful, or will it all fall to pieces?"
Wolverton weighs his words carefully. "M'lady, we must consider that our liege is the representative of God on this earth. I cannot see how failure would be a possibility. All of this is God's will. It could be said that a flowing river can be directed in a more useful direction though. Far be it for me to propose such a thing though."
Mother steels her stare on him. "I'll mind you to watch your tongue. Above all, we must respect the royal will."
At morning, the boy king prepares to behead young Master Hale. The Summoner presents his servant before his king.
"Please treat him delicately. He has kept me warm on many cold nights," the man said, his hand resting on the boy's shoulder.
He turned to say goodbye to his partner of the last few years.
"Farewell Master Hale. It will be difficult to replace you, but worry not, I will do my best to. Godspeed to the next life."
Hale is in disbelief that his master can let go of him so easily.
"How can you do this to me? You promised me you'd take care of me forever!" Tears stream down young Hale's face. He is about to reach out to his master when he is interrupted by a sword to his throat.
The boy king looks at the bloody mess on the floor. "Well, that was truly becoming awkward, wasn't it. It is finished. Let us focus on the day ahead.
Master Hale was Town.
Day four has begun.
Mafia School note:
I don't know what happened yesterday. Discussion rapidly died off, and the voting was not discussed much. Hopefully you are getting busy behind the scenes, but I was very surprised how little went on in thread. We'll see as the days go on what this will mean. Good luck
The Boy King - Your lord. Show him the respect he has been granted by God.
Mother - The Boy King's mom. Fear her.
Lord Wolverton - The Boy King's adviser. Stay on his good side.
Sir Carrots, The Knight (scubacarrot) - The ideal of a medieval Christian man-at-arms. He has participated in no less than fifteen of the great crusades of his era. Brave, experienced, and prudent.
Dragus, The Pardoner (darkdragon) - Dragus grants papal indulgences—reprieves from penance in exchange for charitable donations to the Church. He often collects profits for himself. He excels in fraud, carrying a bag full of fake relics.
Voltana Panana, The Prioress (volcanicpanik) - Modest and quiet, this Prioress (a nun who is head of her convent) aspires to have exquisite taste. Her table manners are dainty, she knows French (though not the French of the court), she dresses well, and she is charitable and compassionate.
Christos Knight, The Summoner (Chromeknight)- Knight brings persons accused of violating Church law to ecclesiastical court. A lecherous man whose face is scarred by leprosy. He gets drunk frequently, is irritable, and is not particularly qualified for his position. He frequently attempts to sound educated.
Skip Pudding,The Man of Law (Skipper)- A successful lawyer commissioned by the king. He upholds justice in matters large and small and knows every statute of England’s law by heart.
Wully Tintin, The Merchant (Wuntin)- Tintin trades in furs and other cloths, mostly from Flanders. He is part of a powerful and wealthy class.
Pirelly Dabito The Shipman (Piratedave) - Brown-skinned from years of sailing, Dabito has seen every bay and river in England, and exotic ports in Spain and Carthage as well. He is a bit of a rascal, known for stealing wine while the ship’s captain sleeps.
The Merchant's Wife, Yulie Yodie (Yumiyoshi) - Yodie focuses on propriety and appearances, maintaining a happy home. New to a life of wealth, her working class roots sometimes show through.
The Wife of Darth (Darth Nihilous) - Lynched on Day One. Town
Cuslo Mizzle (The Customizer) - Bludgeoned on Night One. Town
Flanagan (Flare) - Vapourized on Night One. Town
Gilly Wooks, The Miller (Gingerwookie) - Lynched on Day Two. Town
Cecily Seas, Soiled Dove (Cecilie) - Vapourized on Night Two. Town
Franklin Holmes, The Manciple (fhomess) Drank arsenic on Night Two. Scum
Biskie Partsy, The Boy King's Maid (Bricksandparts) Pounded into pieces on Night Two. Scum
Master Hale, The Summoner's Assistant (halomaster96) Lynched on Day Three. Town
Zam Kuric, The Clerk (zakura) Vapourized on Night Three. Town
Rules (These are 95% the same as the EB standard; deviations from the normal EB rules are struck-through)
1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Scum. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Scum, while the Scum needs to outnumber the Town. Third-party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.
2. Each day you will
3. A game day will last
3.5. Players may not target the same player two nights in a row, and may not target themselves.
4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the host via PM. That includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
8. You may not edit your posts.
9. You must post in every day thread.
10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM
11. Violation of the above rules will result in a