Sign in to follow this  
lisqr

Burning Snow Watchtower

Just along the boarder of Mitgardia and Nocturnus, between snow and lava, there stands a nefarious watchtower.

100_1176-800.jpg

The watchtower spills out lava day and night. It keeps this part of Mitgardia and Nocturnus separated for good.

100_1193-800.jpg

100_1190-800.jpg

100_1184-800.jpg

Sharp imp guard keeps Mitgardia trespassers away or keep them here forever... :devil:

100_1153-800.jpg

You can run but you can't hide. :devil:

100_1161-800.jpg

Unlike other watchtowers, this tower watches with its all-seeing orb at the top.

100_1164-800.jpg

Other side of the boarder.

100_1288-800.jpg

More lava!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

100_1170-800.jpg

100_1191-800.jpg

100_1287-800.jpg

I'm really in the mood for some FIRE. More burning hot lava moc coming in future challenges for sure. :devil:

brickshelf

Edited by lisqr

That truly is a beauty! Some of the best snow effects and lava effects I've ever seen. Pity the pictures are blurry though; do yourself a bit favor and re-shoot again and repost; this has the makings of an amazing and very popular MOC not just here but also on flickr, mocpages etc, and it'd be a shame if it were missed simply due to picture quality! :wink:

That truly is a beauty! Some of the best snow effects and lava effects I've ever seen. Pity the pictures are blurry though; do yourself a bit favor and re-shoot again and repost; this has the makings of an amazing and very popular MOC not just here but also on flickr, mocpages etc, and it'd be a shame if it were missed simply due to picture quality! :wink:

A tripod is in order.

Your building style is unique and innovative.

Great moc.

well what to say, this moc is so gruesome, it gives me shivers :wink: However, every lava stream does get exhausted after a while, and so will this one. And then, cold showers form the north will cover Nocturnus with snow and ice!!

Edited by kabel

Gorgeous! The lava effect is really nice*1*. Must be a really magical land, what with the snow not melting merely feet from the magma flow! :laugh: I like that you included some variation in the snow terrain's colors, the gray-white fade, that is. Works really well. Might be nice to see some dark grey/bley or dark brown mixed in with the black terrain, just to give it a little more character. Or perhaps incorporate it into the tower. Maybe even just at the base of the spire, to distinguish between the land and the structure. But even if you don't change anything, I love it! :thumbup:

*1*

Do you, by any chance, live in Minnesota? I had to spend a night there in August as a result of a flight delay, and checked out the Mall of America the next day while waiting for my flight. I checked out the PaB wall in the LEGO store there, and just *had* to take a picture of this, because, well, come on: Cheddar Cheese! :grin: Wanted to grab a cup of them, but my luggage was already well past the point of being over-packed. Now, seeing your MOC, I really wish I'd bought a cup and found a way to fit it. Seriously, lovely terrain! haha

6396608103_a45435ef95_b.jpg

Do you, by any chance, live in Minnesota? I had to spend a night there in August as a result of a flight delay, and checked out the Mall of America the next day while waiting for my flight. I checked out the PaB wall in the LEGO store there, and just *had* to take a picture of this, because, well, come on: Cheddar Cheese! :grin: Wanted to grab a cup of them, but my luggage was already well past the point of being over-packed. Now, seeing your MOC, I really wish I'd bought a cup and found a way to fit it. Seriously, lovely terrain! haha

6396608103_a45435ef95_b.jpg

No I do not live in Minnesota. But I did get all the cheese slopes from a PAB wall a year ago. I wasn't sure what to use them for at the time. I got them to fill in the PAB cup's gaps. Good thing I did. :classic:

Simply awesome!

I'm glad I ordered trans orange pieces to re-do my lava fall after seeing yours. (I almost went red/yellow).

We Nocturnians may not have as many towers/members as other guilds but we sure do have some style.....disco inferno. :thumbup:

While i'm not overly fond of hunting men...

the build is top notch!

Lava and the snow transition as people have mentioned are fantastic.

Great use of the cheese wedges.

This is an excellent MOC, but I observed you used tan skeletons on the snow bit. If you have any, I recommend black skeletons because over time your bones turn black in cold weather. Just a suggestion to help you make your MOC a bit more realistic.

Tahn lava is awsome. How have you made it glow in some shots? Looks like a great effect.

well, I didn't do anything. Just natural light reflection.

I love the lava (and I did the same with a PAB wall, so I can always do my own scene in the future - nice to know that it looks good!).

I also really like the hooded skeleton hanging from the tree in the snow section.