_dargor_

Surprise watchtower

My watchtower its very simple and best fist in open spaces like the surroundings of our capital.

6391751387_4e166b22bf_b.jpg

Made from stone and wood, his apparently weak style would make it the first target for our enemies, unluckily for them as the watchtower holds a nasty surprise inside.

The engineer corps had enhanced this watchtower with two swing walls that go down in case of attack and shows the little surprise, a cannon that will sweep any enemy that comes in range.

6391753117_61763a0489_b.jpg

6391753949_b2358c3012_b.jpg

6391751759_f9565da2b6_b.jpg

Apart from the cannon the tower is well defended by a small detachment of the Guilds army formed by a captain, two spearmen and three crossbowmen that will make our enemies to pay high any attempt of passing through it.

6391752565_502b19451f_b.jpg

6391752089_0d574bdedd_b.jpg

And if the guards have to warn any allies in the zone, what´s best that a cannon firing sound.

EDIT:

It appears that the reliabilty of the cannon it´s not good so we have been having minor problems with it (not Mitgardian was seriously injured during testing):

6400346419_18f11c93d6_b.jpg

6400347293_62d901e4a3_b.jpg

6400347769_5de0517d6b_b.jpg

So in order to avoid future surprises we´ve replaced the cannon for a crossbow machine, It´s less noisy, more lethal and more reliable:

6400344899_e13733fb3b_b.jpg

6400345657_f75d7a851f_b.jpg

Long live Mitgardia!!!

Edited by _dargor_

I love it!!! But I thought we decided no cannons?

Sorry but the tower was posted before Sirens-Of-Titan posted about the gunpowder, so I didn´t know. :sad:

Sorry but the tower was posted before Sirens-Of-Titan posted about the gunpowder, so I didn´t know. :sad:

Probably about 50/50 that they blow the top off the tower !!

Dr Rod

I like those odds!

I like this tower even more.

Nice combination of simple symmetrical pattern with a few things breaking it up.

well done!

Actually he said it a long time ago, but the tower really is awesome, we can pretend its a ballista!

Actually he said it a long time ago, but the tower really is awesome, we can pretend its a ballista!

Well If the rules say something about not using cannons and my guild leader says so, I will try to change the cannon for some machinery with arrows (although I´m not the only one who has a cannon tower :tongue: )

Dr Rod

That remembers me of my first Battle Master Game, on the first round playing with empire the cannon blown up and destroyed itself and a quarter of the army it had round it. :classic:

Excellent! Now we're talking hearty Mitgardian ingenuity! :thumbup:

The pictures are excellent, I'm happy it worked out so well! Keep on building and Mitgardia will be the Guild to top them all! :grin:

Fantastic, but don't rely on gunpowder, at this time it is too unreliable and I think it kinda spoils the whole Historica thing when people use cannons. Still a fantastic watchtower though.

The extra photographs showing the replacement of the cannon was inspired - fantastic! :laugh:

I really liked the groundwork in this MOC, which was simple but worked well. The defence system of the walls on hinges is a novel idea, and I like the bricks you've used to build the tower with as well.