Trade Route Watch Tower ( Avalonia)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Derfel Cadarn

Derfel Cadarn

• Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

Here in Avalonia we are building, building our land into a mighty realm! The first of Avalonia's villages is still under construction, but taking shape. The village will be a trade village, and so it needs a tower to watch over it and make sure the traders will always have safe passage through the village. Situated on a hill overlooking the village, it has an excellent 360% view of the surrounding area. The tower is not an entry for the challenge, as leaders are not allowed to take part..YET :devil:  Once I hurry up and finish the village, the fun can begin and I can start some serious building and help my fellow guildsmen bring our land of mighty Avalonia to life!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Everything you see here is all shown step by step in the guide(when I get round to updating it).
Posted Image Posted Image   
Lord Of The Dark Isle
  My Flickr

#2 Viceroy

Viceroy

Member: 16554

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

This is shaping up to be beyond awesome. Great job Derfel!
Hvar Icewind - Travelling Merchant and Bard.
Owner and Proprietor of The Worlds End Caravan Co.
Official Guild Catographer
For Mitgarida!

#3 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

I'm trying to think of a word that's better than 'awesome' to describe this. :wub_drool:

I love the addition of the dark green teeth along the railing of the top. It, contrasting the white, makes that area stand out. Those slopes at the corners supporting the roof look a little bit like curtains, though.

#4 382nd Legionnaire

382nd Legionnaire

Member: 7179

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:10 AM

This is truly unbelievable. I love your attention to detail. If you have more pictures please share!

#5 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

I actually saw your MOC on other thread but did not comment it.
It is impressive, blends fantastically with the village, and the detail on walls and roof is excellent, but also the dark green pieces combined with the white provides an exclusive authority where people could rely on.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

Yup ;)
And angles from which you are taking photos are quite good ;)
May I suggest that you devote on post in your guide to lighting and taking good pictures? :)
Also, and this is my personal wish, reserve one post about telling us how you acquired your lego, how you store it, how you take care of dust (my biggest problem). This are the topics I love to hear about, but especially about tips and experiences about to getting large amounts of particular bricks ;) (I know, PaB and bricklinik, but nevertheless, it is calming to hear how somebody else did it :)). On the other note, some statistics - I would very much love to know how many 1x1 round plates you have (in colors) - this how I get the picture how much would I need when I wish to build something. The massive use of round plates for rock is something I first saw on your mocs, on CCC 8, when I was so hoping to get that "master builder" title ;)
I've loved it, and tried it first time few days ago, making a blacksmith situated on lava. But, as you can make diversity using normal plates and tiles as rock, and foliage (as foliage:); I simply have no idea what could I put on a wall made of 1x1 round plate of trans red, trans yellow and trans orange :) Any ides?

And yes, Drow are asking puny avalonians for ides... You will get one magic armor and we are even, ok?

:)

Edit: wait for picture:)
here: link-1 and link-2

Edited by Angeli, 21 November 2011 - 12:51 AM.

#7 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 21 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

This is so great!!! I can´t wait to read the guide!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#8 Evil Stu

Evil Stu

Member: 20939

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Wow. Just wow.

Brilliant use of colours on this, subtly blends with the rest of your MOC and the Avalonia scheme. Very much looking forward to seeing how you went about many of the details on this. Excellent work once again  :classic:

#9 Hersbrucker

Hersbrucker

• WIP it good

Member: 22070

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

I can not believe my eyes  *oh2*

That is amazing  :thumbup:

“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it.” Henry Royce †

My BL Shop______My MOCpages

#10 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

What a tower....the work of a pure genius....but what else do we expect from our leader ! :sweet:
The stonework..... :wub: and all that greenery - again  :wub: ! :grin:
Avalonia Forever !

#11 Jason Cicchini

Jason Cicchini

• Big Horn Historican

Member: 9064

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Excellent work from our guild leader, like usual! There's a reason I chose Avalonia as my home, after all! :D
Can't wait to see the updates to the guide, it's kind of become religious text to me!

Lord Khelperth Darwyn of Avalonia
Master Cartographer, High King of the Elves

#12 Christoph

Christoph

Member: 8747

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

Avalonia is a beautiful country I wish to visit sometime. Although it seems a little bit wet and cold - all this greenery... I especially like the last pic. If you want to enhance tourism this is the leaflet you have to set in stone (you still work with hammer and chisel in the north-west?).

Very nicely done, it's good to see that you dedicated your moccing skills to Avalonia :thumbup:.
Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā, a truth seeker of the Kaliphlin guild

#13 Derfel Cadarn

Derfel Cadarn

• Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.

Member: 5528

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

View PostBrickdoctor, on 21 November 2011 - 12:07 AM, said:

I'm trying to think of a word that's better than 'awesome' to describe this. :wub_drool:

I love the addition of the dark green teeth along the railing of the top. It, contrasting the white, makes that area stand out. Those slopes at the corners supporting the roof look a little bit like curtains, though.
Curtains :laugh: Now that you mention it, yes they do. They are temporary though, I'm waiting for a delivery of 1x2 dark brown log effect bricks which I will replace them with. Still quite a bit to go on the village though.

View PostAngeli, on 21 November 2011 - 12:37 AM, said:

Yup ;)
And angles from which you are taking photos are quite good ;)
May I suggest that you devote on post in your guide to lighting and taking good pictures? :)
Also, and this is my personal wish, reserve one post about telling us how you acquired your lego, how you store it, how you take care of dust (my biggest problem). This are the topics I love to hear about, but especially about tips and experiences about to getting large amounts of particular bricks ;) (I know, PaB and bricklinik, but nevertheless, it is calming to hear how somebody else did it :)). On the other note, some statistics - I would very much love to know how many 1x1 round plates you have (in colors) - this how I get the picture how much would I need when I wish to build something. The massive use of round plates for rock is something I first saw on your mocs, on CCC 8, when I was so hoping to get that "master builder" title ;)
I've loved it, and tried it first time few days ago, making a blacksmith situated on lava. But, as you can make diversity using normal plates and tiles as rock, and foliage (as foliage:); I simply have no idea what could I put on a wall made of 1x1 round plate of trans red, trans yellow and trans orange :) Any ides?

And yes, Drow are asking puny avalonians for ides... You will get one magic armor and we are even, ok?

:)

Edit: wait for picture:)
here: link-1 and link-2
Some good suggestions mate. I will post some info and pictures on how I store everything and other things at the end of the guide. As for your building, it's quite hard to add things because of the setting. Shame they don't do black plant pieces. It might be an idea to add some scorched details. I will have a think about some ideas you could use.

View PostJason Cicchini, on 21 November 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

Excellent work from our guild leader, like usual! There's a reason I chose Avalonia as my home, after all! :D
Can't wait to see the updates to the guide, it's kind of become religious text to me!
Thanks, I am overdue with the guide, as I've been busy with the whole guild thing I havnt had time to do any write-ups. I will try to get it all up to date this week.

Thanks all
DC
Posted Image Posted Image   
Lord Of The Dark Isle
  My Flickr

#14 Spock

Spock

Member: 20825

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

Congratulations to you !there is the most detalaited moc among all knights creations!

#15 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:43 PM

This looks fantastic, the way you are able to make your foliage look different each time, yet also look so real and natural every time still blows me away.

#16 Lordofdragonss

Lordofdragonss

Member: 5310

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I am not a fan of too complicated  builds, but indeed it looks amazing. Aspecialy all those houses!
High Chief Of Agriculture of Avalonia
Avalonian Orc Commander

#17 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Not good at planning idiot cowboy parties

Member: 1043

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Very nice my lord, but it is missing a spy glass :wink:

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#18 Sirens-of-Titan

Sirens-of-Titan

• Future tiler

Member: 4341

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Awesome stuff once again  :wink:

Your village is a glorious sight indeed, and the finesse and professional nature of your photography only boosts that glory even more! Well done and I can't wait to see what the completed version looks like!
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."
— Terry Pratchett

My MOC Pages
My Flickr

#19 Dustin

Dustin

Member: 22073

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

Perfect!Posted Image

Posted Image

Student at the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy

The Supreme Commander of the Droid Army

2012 LEGO Star Wars Checklist -
The Malevolence
Palpatine's Arrest
Desert Skiff
Saesee Tiin's JSF

#20 K.Kreations

K.Kreations

Member: 21677

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

Fantastic! With watch towers like these Avalonia will rise to the top!

#21 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

Great job again! I especially love it placed in the village, that makes it come more alive!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#22 Wout

Wout

Member: 1485

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

This is a magnificant build!
Well done!
Duke of Equestria

#23 Captain Heineken

Captain Heineken

Member: 21254

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

It's beyond awesome! Amazing details.

How many pieces? How much did the pieces cost you to build it?

#24 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

Perfection.... as with all your MOCs.  Some day I hope to achieve the beauty that you create with your builds.

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users