Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

KOTOR Mini Model Update: Leviathan & Ebon Hawk

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

It has been a while since the last mini model update, I know. :wink:

Today I'd like to present two new models for the KOTOR fans among you (Knights of the Old Republic). I myself did neither read any comic or play any game of that series, but nonetheless there are some nice and challenging vessels to be made. :classic:

--------------------

First, we have the Ebon Hawk (reference link), a small transport ship that went through many hands and saw a number of different mission profiles.

ebon-hawk-1.jpg

ebon-hawk-3.jpg

ebon-hawk-5.jpg

--------------------

The second ship from the KOTOR era is the infamous Interdictor Cruiser "Leviathan" (reference link). The curved shape is quite a challenge because it can get bulky very quickly rather than smooth.

leviathan-1.jpg

leviathan-3.jpg

leviathan-4.jpg

--------------------

That's it for now. Have a great week-end everyone! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

The second ship from the KOTOR era is the infamous Interdictor Cruiser "Leviathan" (reference link). The curved shape is quite a challenge because it can get bulky very quickly rather than smooth.

Great job on these Legostein especially the Interdictor :thumbup:, great technique to get the curves right.

Very nice creation, Legostein. I particularly like your clever use of the gem pieces as thrusters.:thumbup: Finally, the AFOL community has easily accessible instructions for a great LEGO Ebon Hawk!

By no means is it a small transport, though... going off interior measurements, the craft is a gargantuan 60~80m in length! :laugh: Just goes to show how ignorant the canonicity geeks at Wookieepedia are of the sources that really matter.

Nice work, as always, sir! I'm also not too familiar with KOTR, but I've seen the Ebon Hawk before and both ships look very accurate! :classic:

Thank you for the compliments. :classic:

Next, I think, will be more vessles from the expanded universe. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Next, I think, will be more vessles from the expanded universe. :classic:

If you're looking for inspiration, there are quite a few craft from X-wing Alliance that you haven't done... like this one.