[MOC] Watch Tower on Avalonian Great Wall

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 timura

Member: 8110

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:25 PM

Here it is my creation for the first round at the guilds challenge.
I built a regular watchtower on the Avalonian Great Wall which is located at the eastern border of Avalonia
The tower can be opened from behind. There is simple interior design inside. I try to make a simply but strong and solid looking wall-section combined with a watchtower. C&C are welcome ofcourse.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

For some more pictures: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=489220

Edited by timura, 19 November 2011 - 06:31 PM.

Lord Whitetiger of Avalonia

#2 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

Great job! Looks really like the colour scheme of the dragon knights!! However I don´t like the colours of the flags you put up!  :wink: Reminds me more of Mithgardia then Avalonia

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#3 lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:54 PM

I happen to agree with you 'de Gothia', more like Mithgardia than Avalonia....we seem to have so many....perhaps too many different build styles going on at the same time.
Still it's a good solid build, and maybe it's a ruse to fool Mithgardian troops from a distance....like if it looks like their's are they going to attack it ? :laugh:
Avalonia Forever !

#4 timura

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

Actually i have used golden flag because i like that color and.
i have lots of them. But i have only one sand green one. İ dont think that it remins the mitgardian flag because mitgardian flag colors include green and yellow none of them i used even not a yellow piece :)
However if my brother in arms didnt like this way i will revise the castle with official colored flags as soon as my bl orders arrive. thank you very much for your comments and criticst.

#5 Gabe

• Griffin Master

Member: 12135

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:45 AM

Nice work! I like the staircase and the little wooden watchtower. The black is a bit overpowering though - you might want to consider breaking up the solid wall with a stripe of colour or texture to liven it up.  :classic:
Erudhalion Sansael, Admiral of the Kaliphlin fleet. Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#6 LEGO Train 12 Volts

LEGO Train 12 Volts

Member: 8037

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

Fantastic inner room under the tower!  :blush:
I like the details and that wooden staircase ...the rat near the barrels is a nice touch!  :laugh:
Posted Image   Posted Image

#7 timura

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

Thank you for the nice comments. I have considered to use dark and light bley parts to improve it but after some tring I think that to leave the wall clean is the most eastetically pleasing. In my opinion black ang gray dont fit so well together. Honostly I really liked to have a fully black colored wall. It looks so strong and solid. On the other hand black colored parts dont look so well in photographs beacuse of diffuculty of right lightning setup. Maybe some plants on the wall may look good. I have other plans with those black parts. So unfortunatelly, I wont be able to upgrade the wall.

Edited by timura, 21 November 2011 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users