[MOC] Mini Endor Imperial Outpost

10 replies to this topic

#1 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

Posted Image
Here we go with a LDD MOC. As you can tell by the title, it is a mini scale Imperial outpost on Endor, complete with the landing pad and the bunker.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mini AT-AT
Posted Image
Mini Imperial Shuttle
Posted Image

Any comments or criticism would be appreciated :sweet:

Also, here's the LXF for anyone interested.

#2 lego envy

lego envy

Member: 21089

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:44 AM

I like it... What always gets me is how many different versions people come up with for a mini AT-AT... good job on it..
Posted Image

#3 wokajablocka

wokajablocka

Member: 12884

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

Nice Mini scale endor base prateek, also nice to see your own origianl AT-AT design. I like the legs but the body and the head look a little off but at this scale its hard to be accurite. I think if you chose a small element to replace the 1x1 round stud on the side of the cockpit to represent the side cannons (or what ever they are) but this may make it too bulky? Maybe this peice Tap 1x1.
The Shuttle is good as well, very similar to the Advent calendar. Not sure if you could put another 1x1 square stud behind the cockpit to extend it out a little, or may be it will look too long then? That clear LLD window makes it look a little funny as its hard to see but still is great.  :thumbup:

Like Lego envy said its cool to see peoples randitions of mini sacles. Its a hard scale to build as your limited to size but its interesting to see how many diffrent build there are out there for the same vehicle.

Edited by wokajablocka, 18 November 2011 - 06:39 AM.

Brickshelf

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

May the Brick be with you!

#4 Mr Man

Mr Man

Member: 13561

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Great scene prateek :thumbup:. I don't really like the AT-AT, there's something a bit dog like about it, but the shuttle is good, and the bunker door idea is clever.
'For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.'
Posted Image Posted Image

#5 Andonii

Andonii

Member: 21420

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

Fantastic. Really Fantastic. Classic Star Wars scene. How did you get such good LDD screenshots?  Usually it makes you take on with a background.

Edited by Andonii, 19 November 2011 - 06:33 PM.

Lord Andonii of Avalonia

High Chief of Agriculture | Siege Expert

Champion of Avalonia | Lord High Executioner

High King of the Elves | Chancellor Of Avalonia

Earl of Basilita

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 M<0><0<DSWIM

M<0><0<DSWIM

• Gundam Style

Member: 15440

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Very cool little scene!  I love how you used the cheese slopes to depict the details of the bunker.  The landing pad and shuttle look pretty good as well.  I'd say the AT-AT is the only thing that needs some work.  I would try a couple different techniques with bricks with studs on all sides for the head.  Instead of making the legs studs-forward, turn them to the side and use 1x4 tiles instead or hinge plates.  Remember, the AT-AT's legs are actually quite thin from a front view.  Hope that helps a bit. :wink:

#7 Hollander

Hollander

Member: 17672

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:18 AM

Sweet LDD build.  :thumbup: Both the landing pad as the bunker are very well made, the use of that 1x2 brick to represent the door is very smart too, kudos for that.

As for the constructive criticism, I would recommend to add more foliage. Although I can remember this scene from SW ROTJ, I'm not completely sure about the amount of foliage in the movie. Adding more trees, and especially more vegetation on the ground, wouldn't hurt.  :wink:

#8 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

This is pretty cool over all.  I'm just not sure about the AT-AT....
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 43.8 In Heroica RPG, On Quest #102
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#9 Dapper-D2

Dapper-D2

Member: 22141

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:03 AM

Great job! I really like mini scale.  I’d like to see this one actually built with real legos.  Any chance of that happening prateek?
CUUSOO
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  Posted Image          
flickr

#10 prateek

prateek

• Study hard!

Member: 426

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I agree about the AT-AT, but I don't really know how else I could do it.

View PostDapper-D2, on 20 November 2011 - 10:03 AM, said:

Great job! I really like mini scale.  I’d like to see this one actually built with real legos.  Any chance of that happening prateek?
Nope.

View PostAndonii, on 18 November 2011 - 06:32 PM, said:

How did you get such good LDD screenshots?  Usually it makes you take on with a background.
Ctrl + K

Edited by prateek, 09 December 2011 - 12:59 AM.

#11 Fallenangel

Fallenangel

Member: 4964

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

View Postprateek, on 08 December 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I agree about the AT-AT, but I don't really know how else I could do it.

Nope.

For a second there I thought Dapper-D2 was copying and pasting posts.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users