Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest#13: The Darkstar


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
444 replies to this topic

#26 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

    Posts: 1815
    Joined: 24-September 11
    Member: 20608
    Country: US of A

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

"Wait." Dak grasps Guts by the wrist and throws him away."Nerwyn's the Party Leader, so we're doing this her way. That means no hurting him." Dak walks over to the man, past the rest of the heroes, and bends over, getting at eye level."If you tell us what you know, we'll let you go and make sure that you get back to your wife with the medecine. Do you understand me? All we need to know is what you know about the Darkstar, and then all of this pain will go away."
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.
.

#27 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:48 PM

Sorrow let out a small laugh as Guts and Knifk started playing "Good cop/Bad cop".

A stream of blood matted the side of the prisoners face as he shook his head, then tried to answer the Knight's diplomatic questions.

Posted Image
"My name is...  Vres Halpo and my wife is called...  Jui.  We don't have...  any children.  We live in a small village called Ve'er about two... days travel from Eubric."

He paused as blood ran down his neck.

Posted Image
"My wife started getting sick...  several seasons ago...  She had been working...  in the magic shop...  in Ve'er...  but she came down with...  a mystery illness.  No-one knows...  what's causing it.  Since then...  others have...  gotten sick.  There is an...  unlicensed medicine man...  here in Eubric...  that sells me special tonics...  that help my wife, and the others..."

He looks inconsolable.

Posted Image
"Without that medicine...  I don't know what...  state she will be in.  I have...  failed them all."
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#28 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

    Posts: 1815
    Joined: 24-September 11
    Member: 20608
    Country: US of A

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

"Wait a second. 'Unidentified illness?' I think I just figured this puzzle out."Dak grabs Nerwyn's and Guts's shoulders, and beckons for the others to come as well into a huddle. "What if the Darkstar is causing the illness of this man's wife? That would explain why Sorrow thinks he know something about the Darkstar, and it also would explain why he says he knows nothing. What do you all think?"
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.
.

#29 Bioniclover

Bioniclover

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 26-August 11
    Member: 20034

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

View PostRumble Strike, on 13 November 2011 - 11:48 PM, said:

Sorrow let out a small laugh as Guts and Knifk started playing "Good cop/Bad cop".

A stream of blood matted the side of the prisoners face as he shook his head, then tried to answer the Knight's diplomatic questions.

Posted Image
"My name is...  Vres Halpo and my wife is called...  Jui.  We don't have...  any children.  We live in a small village called Ve'er about two... days travel from Eubric."

He paused as blood ran down his neck.

Posted Image
"My wife started getting sick...  several seasons ago...  She had been working...  in the magic shop...  in Ve'er...  but she came down with...  a mystery illness.  No-one knows...  what's causing it.  Since then...  others have...  gotten sick.  There is an...  unlicensed medicine man...  here in Eubric...  that sells me special tonics...  that help my wife, and the others..."

He looks inconsolable.

Posted Image
"Without that medicine...  I don't know what...  state she will be in.  I have...  failed them all."

"Don't worry, friend Vres! Party will help you!" He shoots a glare in the direction of the party, specifically Guts, as if he was daring them to say otherwise."Knifk proposes we visit medicine man to get medicine, then got to friend Vres's village and investigate magic shop To see if friend Dak is correct."

Edited by Bioniclover, 13 November 2011 - 11:55 PM.

Posted Image
Knifk: Level 15 Black Knight, 30 year old male *Counter Striking* Orc
Health: 33/33 Power: 25 Shield Power: 9 Gold: 1
Inventory:

Spoiler


#30 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

"I agree, we should visit thisss medicine man and then visit this man's wife.  We need to check out that magic shop as well."

Sarick slithers closer to Vres Halpo. He pulls out a rag and wipes the blood off the man's neck. Sarick stares directly into the man's eyes. "How long hasss your wife worked at the magic shop and who is the owner of said shop?  Hasss the owner gotten sick as well?"

#31 Chromeknight

Chromeknight

  • Heyo!


    Posts: 2738
    Joined: 14-May 09
    Member: 6074
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

View PostXarrzan, on 14 November 2011 - 12:26 AM, said:

"I agree, we should visit thisss medicine man and then visit this man's wife.  We need to check out that magic shop as well."

Sarick slithers closer to Vres Halpo. He pulls out a rag and wipes the blood off the man's neck. Sarick stares directly into the man's eyes. "How long hasss your wife worked at the magic shop and who is the owner of said shop?  Hasss the owner gotten sick as well?"

Nerwen's mind runs through various scenarios.
She has help and they brought her this man.
The help knows this man knows something about the darkstar, but does not know what he knows.
All the help knows about this man is that he came to Eubric to buy medicine for an illness from an unlicensed medicine man.
Either She  does not know what the man knows, but will recognize something when she hears it.
Or she does know, but is testing us, seeing how violent or ruthless we are.

It seems that following the sickness is the best lead. First to the medicine man, then to the village.

Edited by Chromeknight, 14 November 2011 - 03:45 AM.

Nerwen Calmcacil, Elven Shaman, is taking a Moment of Silence. Edward Cook, councillor is looking for Secret Enemies!.
Posted ImagePosted Image


#32 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

With her Elvishly acute reading of people, Nerwen notices that Sorrow looks up with interest when Vres starts talking about the mysterious sickness infecting Ve'er.  The black-haired woman remained silent though, letting the party make their own decisions.

Vres looks at Sarick with gratitude as he wipes the blood away.
Posted Image
"Thank you, uh...  kind sir.  My wife has been...  at the magic shop...  for several years.  The owner is..  Laxadaisi Velomptromp...  I guess...  with a name like that...  she was going to...  go into magic...  or maybe the circus..."

Vres coughs after making his little joke, but it was a good sign that he trusted the party after their efforts to question him humanely.

After several members of the party state their intention to visit the medicine man in the Hovels, Vres says that he can show them where he is.

At this, Sorrow steps in.
Posted Image
"If you are sure this wretch is telling the truth, perhaps it would be wise to allow him to show us where this so-called medicine man is.  There is a warren of shopfronts in the Hovels, none of them legal or pleasant."

The group leave the makeshift prison area and step out into the murky gloom of Eubric's Hovels once again.  Vres Halpo, assisted by the Rogue Dak, takes the lead with Sorrow gliding silently at the rear.
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#33 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 7580
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

"So, where is this 'healer' of yours." Guts said sceptically, walking just in front of Sorrow.

He was not sure if the punch he gave the man had helped, but it did not matter, at least they had gotten something out of the man.

As they walked, he noticed that Sorrow did not make any sound as she walked, he shivered, even the best assassins have footsteps.

Posted ImagePosted Image Theodore Dunn in Scooby Doo Mafia


Shameless link to my bricklink store.


#34 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

    Posts: 1815
    Joined: 24-September 11
    Member: 20608
    Country: US of A

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

Dak felt Vres lean against him heavily, and supported the man as they walked. He decides to put it upon himself to find out what role the Darkstar plays in all of this."So, Vres," he says, smiling."Was there some sort of gem in that magic shop?" He waits for Vres to respond.
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.
.

#35 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Sorrow watched Guts walking in front of her.  She was pleased with his initiative and his willingness to do what was necessary.  Of the party, he was definitely one to nuture.

Vres breathed heavily as Dak aided him.  

Posted Image
"Laxadaisi has gems, and potions, and...   other magical items", he replied. "I do not...  know if this gem you seek ...is among them, but it would be a good place to look."
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#36 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

Sarick was glad to hear the man making jokes. While Dak assisted Vres with walking, Sarick once again moved to the rear of the party. As he kept a look out, Sarick neatly folded the rag with Vres' blood on it and placed it back into a pocket on the inside of his tail coverings. During his exploration of the city, Sarick recalled many people laughing at him and claiming he was wearing a skirt. He didn't really see the difference except he never wore tail coverings that were pink.

#37 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

    Posts: 1815
    Joined: 24-September 11
    Member: 20608
    Country: US of A

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

"Hm. This magic shop may have what we are looking for. Do you remember any new gems coming in, just before your wife became sick?"
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.
.

#38 Bioniclover

Bioniclover

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 26-August 11
    Member: 20034

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

"What did Vres's wife do at magic shop? " Knifk asks as they walk along.

Posted Image
Knifk: Level 15 Black Knight, 30 year old male *Counter Striking* Orc
Health: 33/33 Power: 25 Shield Power: 9 Gold: 1
Inventory:

Spoiler


#39 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image
"I am not...  familiar with the stock of...  the magic shop...  You will have to ask...  Laxadaisi.  My wife...  was just an assistant...  she's no mage."
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#40 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:33 PM

QM Note - Apologies for the double post, but I want to keep things moving.


As the group run out of questions for the breathless Vres, they continue on towards the medicine man located nearby in the Hovel.  They delve deeper into the mazelike streets, pushing past people giving them strange looks.  Just as they begin to relax, a loud sneer is heard.

Posted Image
A trio of armed thugs accost the party.  Dak and Sarick were right to be cautious earlier. The woman in the middle appears to be the leader, speaking for the group.

Posted Image
"Oh look, fresh meat!  Whoa, Gronz, look at this weird lot!  Barely a human among them.  Hey, Staj, that one there looks fishy just like you!  Maybe you can wear his head as a hat after we are done!"


Prepare for battle!

Enemies:

Female Thug (Cutlass)
Type: Humanoid
Level: 3
Health: 10/10
Special: Retreat – The thug moves to the back row for the next round, halving any incoming damage.
Drops: 10 gold, 1 Potion

Pegleg Thug (Trident)
Type: Humanoid
Level: 3
Health: 12/12
Special: Leg Hit – The thug hits the attacker with his wooden leg, stunning them for the next round.
Drops: 10 gold

Sharkling Thug (Khopesh)
Type: Humanoid
Level: 3
Health: 14/14
Special: Sharkbite – The thug bites the attacker, causing 4 damage.
Drops: 10 gold


Party:

Posted ImageGuts Holla (played by Scubacarrot)
Level 1 Rogue
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
Gold: 5
Inventory: Rusty Shortsword (WP:3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll

Posted ImageSarick Lanse (played by Xarrzan)
Level 1 Mage
Power: 4
Health: 5/5
Ether: 5/5
Gold: 10
Inventory: Shark Fang Dagger (WP: 3),Opal Gem (Ice), Potion

Posted ImageDak Nikolus (played by darthnihilus)
Level 1 Rogue
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
15Gold: 0
Inventory: Twin Longswords (WP:3), Venom, 2 Potions, Bedroll

Posted ImageNerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)  ** Party Leader **
Level 1 Cleric
Power: 4
Health: 9/9
Ether: 5/5
Gold: 0
Inventory: Wooden Staff (WP:3), Potion, Remedy, Fire Bomb

Posted ImageFenimor Vish (played by Jorgevorg)
Level 1 Barbarian
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 0
Inventory: Golden Trident (WP:3), Bottle of "Archebus Brine's Special Reserve" Clam Mead, Potion of Healing (x2)

Posted ImageKnifk (played by Bioniclover)
Level 1 Knight
Power: 4
Health: 10/10
Gold: 10
Inventory: Morning Star (WP:8), Wyrm Shield (SP:2), Potion


Posted ImageVres Halpo (NPC)

QM Note - Vres will not be targetted by the enemy.  He will also not be able to help in any way during the fight.

Posted ImageSorrow (NPC)

QM Note - Sorrow will not be targetted by the enemy.  She will also not help during the fight.  In fact, she's looking forward to seeing how you all do  :devil:  



Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#41 Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus

    Posts: 1815
    Joined: 24-September 11
    Member: 20608
    Country: US of A

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

Dak curses under his breath. He should have been more watchful instead of talking to Vres. But there's nothing to be done now."Alright, there's six of us and only three of them. I suggest Guts and Nerwyn attack the Female Thug, Sarick and Fenimor attack the Sharkling Thug, and me and Knifk attack the Pegleg Thug."
With that, Dak attacks the Pegleg Thug from the front row.
Dak Shadeaux, Level 15 Black Knight
HP: 30/30 Ether: 0/0
SP: 12 Power: 25 (20 for ranged attacks)
Gold: 3 Artifacts: Trendy Handbag (protects wearer from whatever bad effect was inflicted to a party member last)*protects from badly poisoned-effect*, Heavy Armor (SP:5, protects from fragile-effect)
Inventory: Black Sword (WP:10, lightning-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Fauxthril Shield (SP:7), Twin Longswords (WP:3), 5 Potions, 2 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, Remedy, Pheonix Essence, 3 Meads, 2 Venoms, Nostrum, Mythril Shard, Bedroll, Shovel, Aquamarine.
.

#42 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

Sarick nods in agreement of Dak's plan. Sarick will cast an ice spell from the back row against the Sharkling Thug (Khopesh). "You thugsss should not have interrupted our business."

#43 Chromeknight

Chromeknight

  • Heyo!


    Posts: 2738
    Joined: 14-May 09
    Member: 6074
    Country: Australia

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostRumble Strike, on 14 November 2011 - 08:33 PM, said:

QM Note - Apologies for the double post, but I want to keep things moving.
As the group run out of questions for the breathless Vres, they continue on towards the medicine man located nearby in the Hovel.  They delve deeper into the mazelike streets, pushing past people giving them strange looks.  Just as they begin to relax, a loud sneer is heard.
A trio of armed thugs accost the party.  Dak and Sarick were right to be cautious earlier. The woman in the middle appears to be the leader, speaking for the group.
"Oh look, fresh meat!  Whoa, Gronz, look at this weird lot!  Barely a human among them.  Hey, Staj, that one there looks fishy just like you!  Maybe you can wear his head as a hat after we are done!"
Prepare for battle!
Party:
Guts Holla (played by Scubacarrot)
Sarick Lanse (played by Xarrzan)
Dak Nikolus (played by darthnihilus)
Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)  ** Party Leader **
Fenimor Vish (played by Jorgevorg)
Knifk (played by Bioniclover)
Party Leader, choose the order of action.
All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.
Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.
OOC: just some clean up of stats.
Fenimor has 3 potions, not 2. He starts with one and bought 2. His inventory is wrong.
Sarick also has a staff of healing (HP:5). Nur gave it to him as he left the hall.
Dak has 6/7 health from trying to read sorrow's mind.
Order of battle
Knifk
Nerwen
Fenimor
Guts
Dak
Sarick
Nerwen attacks the Pegleg Thug (Trident) from the front row.
Choose your targets! But it would be good to deal with the pegleg thug quickly. we don't want more people stunned that we have to.
Sarick, since none of the targets are vulnerable to ice, save your ether and just use your dagger from the front row.

Edited by Chromeknight, 14 November 2011 - 09:48 PM.

Nerwen Calmcacil, Elven Shaman, is taking a Moment of Silence. Edward Cook, councillor is looking for Secret Enemies!.
Posted ImagePosted Image


#44 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

QM Note - Thanks for spotting the mistakes.  I did use your signatures to compile the initial list and the staff and 3rd potion were not on there.  As QM I should have checked everything, so I apologise.  Dak's health was a c&p error  :blush:  Bear with me as I learn, this is my first Quest too :classic:

Updated party list:


[u]Party:[/u]

Guts Holla (played by Scubacarrot)
Level 1 Rogue
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
Gold: 5
Inventory: Rusty Shortsword (WP:3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll

Sarick Lanse (played by Xarrzan)
Level 1 Mage
Power: 4
Health: 5/5
Ether: 5/5
Gold: 10
Inventory: Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Shark Fang Dagger (WP: 3),Opal Gem (Ice), Potion, Staff of Healing (HP:5)

Dak Nikolus (played by darthnihilus)
Level 1 Rogue
Power: 4
Health: 6/7
Gold: 0
Inventory: Twin Longswords (WP:3), Venom, 2 Potions, Bedroll

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)  ** Party Leader **
Level 1 Cleric
Power: 4
Health: 9/9
Ether: 5/5
Gold: 0
Inventory: Wooden Staff (WP:3), Potion, Remedy, Fire Bomb

Fenimor Vish (played by Jorgevorg)
Level 1 Barbarian
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 0
Inventory: Golden Trident (WP:3), Bottle of "Archebus Brine's Special Reserve" Clam Mead, Potion of Healing (x3)

Knifk (played by Bioniclover)
Level 1 Knight
Power: 4
Health: 10/10
Gold: 10
Inventory: Morning Star (WP:8), Wyrm Shield (SP:2), Potion


Vres Halpo (NPC)

QM Note - Vres will not be targetted by the enemy.  He will also not be able to help in any way during the fight.

Sorrow (NPC)

QM Note - Sorrow will not be targetted by the enemy.  She will also not help during the fight.  In fact, she's looking forward to seeing how you all do  :devil:  



Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.
[/quote]
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#45 Bioniclover

Bioniclover

    Posts: 223
    Joined: 26-August 11
    Member: 20034

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

"Bad men (and sharky-man) should not have attacked heroes! Knifk will punish bad men(and sharky-man) by smashing pegleg thug from front row!"

Posted Image
Knifk: Level 15 Black Knight, 30 year old male *Counter Striking* Orc
Health: 33/33 Power: 25 Shield Power: 9 Gold: 1
Inventory:

Spoiler


#46 Scubacarrot

Scubacarrot

  • Completely Lame


    Posts: 7580
    Joined: 17-October 11
    Member: 21005
    Country: Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

"Barely human? Seems like your eyepatch is on the wrong eye, wench!"

Guts casually unsheathed his blade as he moved in to attack Female Thug (Cutlass) from the front row.

Posted ImagePosted Image Theodore Dunn in Scooby Doo Mafia


Shameless link to my bricklink store.


#47 Xarrzan

Xarrzan

    Posts: 350
    Joined: 18-October 11
    Member: 21016

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

View PostChromeknight, on 14 November 2011 - 09:46 PM, said:

Sarick, since none of the targets are vulnerable to ice, save your ether and just use your dagger from the front row.

Sarick weaves back and forth, keeping his eyes locked on the enemy as he speaks quickly. "Nerwen, we may never run into foesss that are weak to my magic, or we might run into foes that are completely invulnerable. After I cast a spell against thisss thug I feel that I will be able to cast at least four more spells." Sarick saw the Sharkling Thug twitch so he moved closer to the right to be in front of the thug.

"Also, my scalesss are impressive in defense but I may take much damage if I fight this foe up front. Once we defeat these thugs and I get used to casting, I feel I will grow stronger and will be able to cast more often. But if your heals are ready and waiting, I will attack the Sharkling Thug from the front row with my Shark Fang Dagger."

Edited by Xarrzan, 15 November 2011 - 06:27 PM.


#48 Chromeknight

Chromeknight

  • Heyo!


    Posts: 2738
    Joined: 14-May 09
    Member: 6074
    Country: Australia

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

View PostXarrzan, on 15 November 2011 - 06:26 PM, said:

Sarick weaves back and forth, keeping his eyes locked on the enemy as he speaks quickly. "Nerwen, we may never run into foesss that are weak to my magic, or we might run into foes that are completely invulnerable. After I cast a spell against thisss thug I feel that I will be able to cast at least four more spells." Sarick saw the Sharkling Thug twitch so he moved closer to the right to be in front of the thug.
"Also, my scalesss are impressive in defense but I may take much damage if I fight this foe up front. Once we defeat these thugs and I get used to casting, I feel I will grow stronger and will be able to cast more often. But if your heals are ready and waiting, I will attack the Sharkling Thug from the front row with my Shark Fang Dagger."

OOC It's been 24 hours since battle started, no input from Jorgevorg. Party leader's choice.

Nerwen gestures to Fenimor
Attack the shark man. Front row!
Fenimor attacks the Sharkling Thug from the front row.




Nerwen Calmcacil, Elven Shaman, is taking a Moment of Silence. Edward Cook, councillor is looking for Secret Enemies!.
Posted ImagePosted Image


#49 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

  • Yub yub!


    Posts: 2806
    Joined: 01-November 10
    Member: 14025
    Country: England

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

Results of Round One of the Hovel Battle:

Knifk vs Pegleg Thug - Miss
Nerwen vs Pegleg Thug - Hit
Fenimor vs Sharkling Thug - Hit
Guts vs Female Thug - Hit
Dak vs Pegleg - Special Damage
Sarick vs Sharkling Thug - Damage


Sorrow watches with interest as the heroes face their first battle.  Knifk takes the usual Knight position and leads from the front, sadly in his excitement he swings wildly at the Pegleg Thug, missing him.  The Pegleg Thug grins a wicked grin, but Nerwen seizes an opportunity whilst he is distracted and ironically hits the Pegleg Thug with her wooden staff for 4 damage.  Fenimor wades in next, it's fish versus fish in a battle for the ages.  Fenimor nips his trident into the Sharkling for 4 damage.  Guts, clearly stung by the woman's taunt, runs in and stabs her for 4 damage.  Dak, emboldened by the previous hit on the Pegleg Thug, goes in close to attack, but the Thug grabs his own wooden leg and clocks him with it.  Dak crumples to the floor and is stunned for the next round.  Sarick slithers up to the Sharkling, shark fang dagger in hand.  However, this enfuriates the Sharkling, who lashes out, causing 3 damage.


Enemies:

Female Thug (Cutlass)
Type: Humanoid
Level: 3
Health: 6/10
Special: Retreat – The thug moves to the back row for the next round, halving any incoming damage.
Drops: 10 gold, 1 Potion

Pegleg Thug (Trident)
Type: Humanoid
Level: 3
Health: 8/12
Special: Leg Hit – The thug hits the attacker with his wooden leg, stunning them for the next round.
Drops: 10 gold

Sharkling Thug (Khopesh)
Type: Humanoid
Level: 3
Health: 10/14
Special: Sharkbite – The thug bites the attacker, causing 4 damage.
Drops: 10 gold


Party:

Posted ImageGuts Holla (played by Scubacarrot)
Level 1 Rogue
Power: 4
Health: 7/7
Gold: 5
Inventory: Rusty Shortsword (WP:3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll

Posted ImageSarick Lanse (played by Xarrzan)
Level 1 Mage
Power: 4
Health: 2/5
Ether: 5/5
Gold: 10
Inventory: Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Shark Fang Dagger (WP: 3),Opal Gem (Ice), Potion, Staff of Healing (HP:5)

Posted ImageDak Nikolus (played by darthnihilus)  **STUNNED**
Level 1 Rogue
Power: 4
Health: 6/7
Gold: 0
Inventory: Twin Longswords (WP:3), Venom, 2 Potions, Bedroll

Posted ImageNerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)  ** Party Leader **
Level 1 Cleric
Power: 4
Health: 9/9
Ether: 5/5
Gold: 0
Inventory: Wooden Staff (WP:3), Potion, Remedy, Fire Bomb

Posted ImageFenimor Vish (played by Jorgevorg)
Level 1 Barbarian
Power: 4
Health: 8/8
Gold: 0
Inventory: Golden Trident (WP:3), Bottle of "Archebus Brine's Special Reserve" Clam Mead, Potion of Healing (x3)

Posted ImageKnifk (played by Bioniclover)
Level 1 Knight
Power: 4
Health: 10/10
Gold: 10
Inventory: Morning Star (WP:8), Wyrm Shield (SP:2), Potion


Posted ImageVres Halpo (NPC)

QM Note - Vres will not be targetted by the enemy.  He will also not be able to help in any way during the fight.

Posted ImageSorrow (NPC)

QM Note - Sorrow will not be targetted by the enemy.  She will also not help during the fight.  In fact, she's looking forward to seeing how you all do  :devil:  


The battle continues!  

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.
here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#50 Chromeknight

Chromeknight

  • Heyo!


    Posts: 2738
    Joined: 14-May 09
    Member: 6074
    Country: Australia

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

View PostRumble Strike, on 15 November 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Results of Round One of the Hovel Battle:
Sorrow watches with interest as the heroes face their first battle.  Knifk takes the usual Knight position and leads from the front, sadly in his excitement he swings wildly at the Pegleg Thug, missing him.  The Pegleg Thug grins a wicked grin, but Nerwen seizes an opportunity whilst he is distracted and ironically hits the Pegleg Thug with her wooden staff for 4 damage.  Fenimor wades in next, it's fish versus fish in a battle for the ages.  Fenimor nips his trident into the Sharkling for 4 damage.  Guts, clearly stung by the woman's taunt, runs in and stabs her for 4 damage.  Dak, emboldened by the previous hit on the Pegleg Thug, goes in close to attack, but the Thug grabs his own wooden leg and clocks him with it.  Dak crumples to the floor and is stunned for the next round.  Sarick slithers up to the Sharkling, shark fang dagger in hand.  However, this enfuriates the Sharkling, who lashes out, causing 3 damage.

The battle continues!  
Party Leader, choose the order of action.
All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.
Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Knifk! slow down, you can do it!
Well done Fenimor! Well done Guts!
Dak!... Nerwen checks Dak, He'll be ok, just needs a short rest.
Sarick! I'm sorry, you were right. If you'd been behind us you wouldn't have taken such a hit. Your first plan is better.


As for you thugs, you mugged the wrong people!


Nerwen lays into  the pegleg'd thug again.


Order of battle when more people have posted actions.


Nerwen Calmcacil, Elven Shaman, is taking a Moment of Silence. Edward Cook, councillor is looking for Secret Enemies!.
Posted ImagePosted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users