Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Palace of the Three Gems

I wanted to try building a detailed interior of a Japanese palace, so here's my attempt. I've been having trouble with my printer, so what's missing, is the Japanese murals/art work for the red wall areas.

palace1.jpg

At an angle:

palaceangle.jpg

Emperor near his treasure:

emperor.jpg

Upstairs:

gems.jpg

Different view:

up.jpg

Middle roof section:

roof.jpg

Larger view:

dsc00010.jpg

And at a slight angle:

dsc00011.jpg

OK, now it's time for someone else to share some Ninja Adventure MOCs. I know there's some of you out there who like Ninja.

I like them but have no set (darkage thing). This MOC is awesome. You definitly prooved the value of this line with all those nice creations.

I especially like this one because it uses the classic black/red color sheme. Maybe a little touch of yellow would have been nice, but at the same time, it might have been too chiness then.

cool... great color scheme. the red/black of the structure looks excellent with the green-vested figs. seems like a weird color combo (black, red, green) but it works !!! go with it *y*

id like to see a MOC that has both a great interior like this one, coupled with a strong exterior design.

can't wait to see those murals once you get your printer working *sweet*

OK, now it's time for someone else to share some Ninja Adventure MOCs. I know there's some of you out there who like Ninja.
i seem to recall SuvieD really liking the ninja theme, but i haven't seen his name around here lately. unfortunately, i don't theme hop, so my collection consists of WW, Adventurers, and Pirates (no ninja :-( ).

- BrickMiner

Thanks for the positive feedback. Here's a few shots with the Japanese art work:

dsc00012.jpg

dsc00013.jpg

dsc00014.jpg

dsc00015.jpg

I don't plan on doing anything more with this MOC.

I think there is too much red, especially with all the red figures, but the underlying structure looks great. I also like the stairs.

Steve

I like all the red, which I selected by choice. I think it looks good with the black; not to be mistaken for a Lego Fire Station :-)

i like the murals *y* i wish they looked more LEGO-ish though. imagine if the figures were reminicent of minifigs, that would be a great scene X-D

- BrickMiner

Maybe... I grew tired of the fortresses. I have a few other themes in the back of my head right now. Not sure what I'll be doing next.

What prompted the replacement of the underlying red stair-structure? The flow has been disrupted! Two red stair-supporters and then a sudden shift to orange?! Let's hope ninja madness has not overtaken the Brickster.

Ahem, with that out of the way, the stealthy ninja scheming is highly amusing. The murals are great additions as well.

I was just curious as to how they would look in a different color, but that top piece is pretty much stuck, so did not remove. That black ninja is hard to pose on a rope.

I was just curious as to how they would look in a different color, but that top piece is pretty much stuck, so did not remove. That black ninja is hard to pose on a rope.

I would try to formulate a witty retort involving a ninja and the evils of curiosity, but alas I am in need of sleep. ;-)

I draw inspiration from MOCs and good discussions. I'm not getting much more out of the Ninja Theme (at least on Eurobricks). It's time I move on to another theme now.

I draw inspiration from MOCs and good discussions. I'm not getting much more out of the Ninja Theme (at least on Eurobricks). It's time I move on to another theme now.

Man, you're interests change fast. First you overwhelm us with MOCs by the minute almost - we can hardly catch a breath to read, enjoy and comment - and all of sudden you "quit" and move on to something else. You sure are demanding ;-)

Any idea already what you're going into next so we can "prepare"? ;-)

I'm not getting much more out of the Ninja Theme (at least on Eurobricks).
this relationship is just give give give, and its never enough for you... is it ??? |-/

:-D :-D :-D

but on a serious side. you make it sound like you are POSSIBLY a part of other online LEGO communities. is this true ??? if so which ones... id like to find some more history buffs, and bring them over here :-D

for WW/adventurers(/possibly islander) discussions of course X-D

- BrickMiner

Man, you're interests change fast. First you overwhelm us with MOCs by the minute almost - we can hardly catch a breath to read, enjoy and comment - and all of sudden you "quit" and move on to something else. You sure are demanding ;-)

Any idea already what you're going into next so we can "prepare"? ;-)

I've got a pretty good collection of Lego in boxes in the garage. I'll open a box and build sets from a particular theme; but generally only one theme at a time. I hate to mix a lot of pieces from different sets. It makes putting them back together again very difficult. Also, space is always a factor. I don't like setting sets on the floor so I have one table I dedicate to a particular theme. So I'll spend some time on a theme and then move to another. Also, when I'm out of inspiration, I like to move to another theme or idea. This particular one was MOCs. I'm not sure what I'll do next. I've got a few ideas in my head. Sooner or later, one will give me the motivation I need to break out another theme.

this relationship is just give give give, and its never enough for you... is it ??? |-/

- BrickMiner

I don't know about that. As you know, it takes a lot of time building MOCs over and over again until their ready to share with others. In addition, you've got to photograph, edit, and upload the pictures. I would say that it's a lot of work to contribute to a forum (but it is fun). I'm still waiting for some of your Ghost Town MOCs. ;-)

In regard to my comment about "not getting much more out of Ninja", I mean to say that I haven't seen strong participation or interest from the other Eurobrick members. And the reason is probably due to the poll results, most people don't own any Ninja sets. In addition, when interest isn't strong, I lose interest too. But that's also a good thing. It gets me thinking about other ideas/MOCs/themes.

This is also why I like the History & Adventure forum a lot. We're not limited to one theme of discussion. I like Pirates too, but I would get bored easily with just one theme. Variety and diversity is much better.

id like to find some more history buffs, and bring them over here :-D

for WW/adventurers(/possibly islander) discussions of course X-D

- BrickMiner

Build it and they will come...

I don't know about that. As you know, it takes a lot of time building MOCs over and over again until their ready to share with others. In addition, you've got to photograph, edit, and upload the pictures. I would say that it's a lot of work to contribute to a forum (but it is fun).
yes, i agree with all of this... i DO know !!! i hope you understood that i was only joking about the "relationship" thing.

i've actually been sick the past couple of days (coupled with light-headedness from a high fever)... as a result, my posts have been a bit more "spunky" :-D

I'm still waiting for some of your Ghost Town MOCs. ;-)
Build it and they will come...
;-) gottcha ;-)

No offense taken BM. You added a "smiley" somewhere which in forum language, translates to a sarcastic joke ;-) (just kidding). I must still be getting over you taking my Ghost Town idea ;-) .

I must still be getting over you taking my Ghost Town idea ;-) .
hey now, i did have the idea before visiting EB...

however, i must say that your MOCs have influenced me. your idea of a singular (or main) villain (ghost rider in your GT) did inspire me to create a singular villain of my own. it was a great concept, obviously inspired by adventurers (and their "natural" villains), right ???

you will always get credit as the creator of the original Ghost Town, B *y*

- BrickMiner

hey now, i did have the idea before visiting EB...

however, i must say that your MOCs have influenced me. your idea of a singular (or main) villain (ghost rider in your GT) did inspire me to create a singular villain of my own. it was a great concept, obviously inspired by adventurers (and their "natural" villains), right ???

you will always get credit as the creator of the original Ghost Town, B *y*

- BrickMiner

Not exactly on the Adventurers inspiration. He's more of a Legend of Sleepy Hollow inspired character (like the Headless Horseman) and from Western horror flicks (not one inparticular). I called him the Phantom Rider. His story is mentioned here: TheBrickster's Ghost Town & Phantom Rider

Over the summer, I was watching a cable movie about a Ghost Town and spirit of a dead miner. I never got the name of the movie. It was bad, but your Ghost Miner reminded me of the movie. Did you by chance see it?

My avatar title was changed to Ghost Rider and that's how the name came about.

ah, sleepy hollow, that makes sense...

Over the summer, I was watching a cable movie about a Ghost Town and spirit of a dead miner. I never got the name of the movie. It was bad, but your Ghost Miner reminded me of the movie. Did you by chance see it?
i haven't seen any horror/western movies. i do remember seeing this movie poster at the video rental store back when i was like 9 or 10 years old. and although my mom showed by Friday the 13th movies when i was that age (and other slasher films) *y* she never found this one interesting, i guess :-D

could that be the one you saw ???

- BrickMiner

ah, sleepy hollow, that makes sense...

i haven't seen any horror/western movies. i do remember seeing this movie poster at the video rental store back when i was like 9 or 10 years old. and although my mom showed by Friday the 13th movies when i was that age (and other slasher films) *y* she never found this one interesting, i guess :-D

could that be the one you saw ???

- BrickMiner

No, I knew of this movie but had never seen it. It's no longer available but I did see it on Ebay a number of months ago. I remember this cover in video stores as well but know I never saw it after reading the plot.

I did some searching today and the movie I saw just a few months ago was called, "Miner's Massacre". It was about the spirit of a dead miner who awakes after his gold is discovered in an old gold mine. Your Ghost Rider reminded me of this movie. Ironically enough, and most will probably not believe me; but the movie was on the Sci-Fi channel today. This is really wierd. And I didn't see previews or anything. I was just surfing and came across the movie... :'-(