Sign in to follow this  
Corioso

MOC - Rafael

indexed.gif V-W-3A

main-1.jpg

I've had the idea of building a fishing schooner for a long time. However,I managed to implement it only now together with my friend Stiker499.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

The crew says goodbye to you. Let's wish them fair water and smooth sailing!

Photos on BrickShelf!

A real good-looking ship, and I like the way you've done the sea - especially from a distance it looks nice.

On a side note: This is the first time I've seen those new life vests up close and worn by minifigs, and I'm quite simply shocked at how badly designed this piece is. It most certainly doesn't look like something I'd expect Lego to come up with. A huge letdown.

Edited by L@go

Excellent fishing boat 'Corioso' and man, does Lego need to redesign those new life jackets....the front is AWESOME and realistic, but the neck section...yeah, someone measurements wrong didn't they ? :laugh:

I any case a beautiful brick built boat you have created 'Corioso'.....Brick On Sail On Fish On ! :wink:

Thanks everybody for the comments!

I hate the jackets too/ I got them by chance in the set 4246, though there were those of old kind at the box. I think the head that is not completely put on the neck stud looks wretched. :thumbdown::hmpf_bad:

Excellent fish boat, I love the mainly tan colour scheme with the small stripe of red and white :thumbup:

The details on the sea are great too.

does Lego need to redesign those new life jackets....the front is AWESOME and realistic, but the neck section...yeah, someone measurements wrong didn't they ? :laugh:
IMO, it's possible to perform this redesign by yourself, simply by making the "neck" place larger.
I hate the jackets too ... I think the head that is not completely put on the neck stud looks wretched. :thumbdown::hmpf_bad:
I've already suggested to exchange these ones :) The offer is still valid, btw.

And now back to the MOC! I really like the vessel, though i think it's possible to make the schooner larger to match the minifigure scale. Thank you for the inspiration - now i have some ideas on building my own fishing fleet.

Fantastic MOC, I really like the boat, it looks terrific !!! :wub:

The only problem is not with your building but as L@go stated the life jackets, they look pretty poor !!!!

But your MOC more than makes up for that :wink:

Nice catch! :grin:

Great hull technique, works really well for small ships in creating a nice curve. Lovely colorscheme as well, the tan works really well with the white/red.

Those life jackets do look terrible.