• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4035 replies to this topic

#2476 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

View Postblue banana, on 13 September 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

...32x32 or 48x48 (which I would prefer, if the halls should be high) can be VERY brick consuming...
Waterdeep took almost ALL of my black bricks, and Leliana Lena took all of my white and trans-clear 1x1 plates - who would say? I must admit that I can either build big - or detailed - I do not have enough brick for both.

I was the first one to fight size limitation (as size is not relevant for the victory, let us build as large or small as we want), but as I was forced to build with base restriction, I focused my time and energy into enriching details - and on big scale I could not do this because of the number of bricks limitations - I have more then enough of 1x2 bricks, but not nearly enough of inverted slopes to make it more interesting :) Also, one detailed tower is time consuming. Ten of the same are ten times more time consuming :) Which is ok, when you have unlimited time :)

So, as much as I am still againt it, size limitation brought the best out of me :)

#2477 Zach Mills

Zach Mills

Member: 26901

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hey everyone.

I had a little trouble getting past the drow guarding the border, so it's been a while since I've been back in Avalonia. So, what's happened in the last few months?

#2478 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Wow ZM! A lot!:wink: Welcome back to Avalonia and Benoic!

Just finished two mocs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now one more little moc before the ChV! Have to came up with something for the challenge! A great challenge indeed but a tough one!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#2479 Legonardo

Legonardo

• Can't Build With One Arm Tied Behind His Back

Member: 22773

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:51 AM

today 2 helmsdeeps and an urukhai army arrived in the mail Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#2480 Zach Mills

Zach Mills

Member: 26901

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I picked up 'Gandalf arrives' today. It was the only Lotr set left in store, so I was lucky getting it.

Now, regarding GoH, I have literally dozens of ideas for builds, and I'm going to get started the second exams are over (Friday.) I've grown tired of waiting for my BL order, and have simply decided to build the roof of m house in a different way, so expect that soon.

And the list of characters I need to introduce is nearing 40, so I intend to get on to that quickly too.

#2481 Legonardo

Legonardo

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostZach Mills, on 17 September 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

I picked up 'Gandalf arrives' today. It was the only Lotr set left in store, so I was lucky getting it.

Now, regarding GoH, I have literally dozens of ideas for builds, and I'm going to get started the second exams are over (Friday.) I've grown tired of waiting for my BL order, and have simply decided to build the roof of m house in a different way, so expect that soon.

And the list of characters I need to introduce is nearing 40, so I intend to get on to that quickly too.

is this the warehouse in town? they had heaps of shelob on saturday.
good luck with the rest of your MOCKs!

------------------
I started my challenge 5 today, I have a well developed idea, I'm finding it a bit hard to put it into bricks though.
will update you later.

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#2482 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Member: 4147

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

well my builds have taken a backseat these last couple weeks.  stuck my foot through the ceiling while getting something from the attic means I spent the better part of a day fixing that.  I hate drywall and mudding.  Then my wife's car died, so had to get it towed home, and have had my hands covered in grease the last couple days!  When I rains it pours right?  

I did have a good start on Challenge V.   I typically build a few small details first and like the way they are progressing.  I also got the main feature of the build nearly complete

I also have been working on the 'Sheriff of Avalonia" guild build.  I should have that one done in a couple days.

Looking forward to what everyone has up to.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Arlindus, Captain of Circardia and the Phoenix Guard, Avalonia Guildsman

#2483 Legonardo

Legonardo

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostMikeyB, on 21 September 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

well my builds have taken a backseat these last couple weeks.  stuck my foot through the ceiling while getting something from the attic means I spent the better part of a day fixing that.  I hate drywall and mudding.  Then my wife's car died, so had to get it towed home, and have had my hands covered in grease the last couple days!  When I rains it pours right?  

I did have a good start on Challenge V.   I typically build a few small details first and like the way they are progressing.  I also got the main feature of the build nearly complete

I also have been working on the 'Sheriff of Avalonia" guild build.  I should have that one done in a couple days.

Looking forward to what everyone has up to.

yes it does pour!
looking forward to your builds!
I have the "Ancient guild-made structure" complete, although it doesn't look extremely ancient. I have made a start on the landscaping and am thinking about what the new guild structures will look like.
on a side note: it appears the drow have been eliminated.
~Legonardo

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#2484 Penkid11

Penkid11

• Continuing adventures planned

Member: 29100

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostLegonardo, on 21 September 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

yes it does pour!
looking forward to your builds!
I have the "Ancient guild-made structure" complete, although it doesn't look extremely ancient. I have made a start on the landscaping and am thinking about what the new guild structures will look like.
on a side note: it appears the drow have been eliminated.
~Legonardo
According to the followers of the Druids who created Historica, they beleive the Druids wiped thousands of Drow from the world, including their "beloved queen" Valasharess, for aiding some unholy beasts of some sort from the "Lands of Chima"... Hmm. It will take some time for this accidental victory to take affect. I am sure the Kaliphlin Traiders will be quite saddened.

Edited by Penkid11, 22 September 2012 - 04:48 AM.

Come and discover the Guilds of Historica!

Owlan of the Guild of Avalonia! Lesser Burrium fights for the Guild of Avalonia!     
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Check out my set checklist on my profile page!

#2485 Dustin

Dustin

Member: 22073

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Not all of the Drow are eliminated.

Posted Image

Student at the Eurobricks Reviewers Academy

The Supreme Commander of the Droid Army

2012 LEGO Star Wars Checklist -
The Malevolence
Palpatine's Arrest
Desert Skiff
Saesee Tiin's JSF

#2486 Bricktooth

Bricktooth

Member: 29472

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I bought a bunch of trans-clear parts for Challenge V, got the general idea straight and some smaller details finished. Might enter a build for one of the titles in the meantime.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. - First Doctor
My Brickshelf gallery

#2487 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

View PostBricktooth, on 24 September 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

I bought a bunch of trans-clear parts for Challenge V, got the general idea straight and some smaller details finished. Might enter a build for one of the titles in the meantime.
sounds promising.

I made a couple bricklink orders but they seem to be taking there time about sending me the invoice (come on people I want to build)

in the mean time I am working on my sherrif of Avalonia mini build and nearly have that done

#2488 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm still here. I don't care anymore since I'm such a low level member here in the popularity system. I won't be commenting anymore.
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#2489 Legonardo

Legonardo

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 25 September 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

I'm still here. I don't care anymore since I'm such a low level member here in the popularity system. I won't be commenting anymore.

?I don't get it.

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#2490 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Sad to hear that you feel that way Cpt BB! I really like you and your mocs you have done and I hope to both see and hear from you in the future as well!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#2491 Legonardo

Legonardo

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

View Postde Gothia, on 25 September 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

I really like you and your mocs you have done and I hope to both see and hear from you in the future as well!

same here beery, Avalonia won't be the same without you!

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#2492 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Not sure how you got that idea, I value your feedback greatly and enjoy seeing your builds  :thumbup:
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentleman, Farmer, and Protector in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#2493 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

I think every member constructive critic of GoH is very valuable for the whole group to develop as to be left outside.
I hope everyone remains in here participating. For you are great builders.  :thumbup:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#2494 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:49 PM

I assume you're trolling.  If not, I'd say that GoH without CBB and Angeli will be a lot more sedate and dull.
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#2495 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

I swear CBB, I keep reading these posts of yours and keep imagining your profile pic as Eeyore complete with patch, pirate hat, and swashbuckling sword! :laugh: Dude, seriously you have established an irreplaceable personality in GoH so I hope you just are just ranting about not commenting anymore... You might not always have the most pleasant things to say about a MOC but at least I know your real thoughts about the matter. I actually value that as I know that when you post a positive comment you actually like the MOC.

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2496 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

• Little Boney

Member: 1043

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 25 September 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

I swear CBB, I keep reading these posts of yours and keep imagining your profile pic as Eeyore complete with patch, pirate hat, and swashbuckling sword!

That visual is funny.  CBB is indeed a very productive GoH member and a valuable member of Avalonia.  I think he'll come around.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!

Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials

#2497 SkaForHire

SkaForHire

• Historica's Fortune Teller

Member: 759

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

View PostZCerberus, on 26 September 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

That visual is funny.  CBB is indeed a very productive GoH member and a valuable member of Avalonia.  I think he'll come around.

I LOLed too on that one. I agree, CBB is a valuable member of this group, and I hope he is just pulling our legs. We would really miss his MOCs.
D.L.T.B.G.Y.D.  Flickr Feed

Dugal MacLean of the Kaliphlin Guild ~ "GEAR Up with GEAR CO supplies."

Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image
Triumphal Arch of Petraea ... | ....   Devil's Island   ...... | ........    Rakath Mountain Ritual

#2498 Legonardo

Legonardo

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

Going away for a few days, will try and comment etc but probably won't.

Legonardo

Posted Image

Flickr

#2499 MikeyB

MikeyB

• Closet Nocturnus Fan

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

Finished up my "Sheriff of Avalonia" build today.  might be a couple days before I get the photos taken.   Tried to go with something less than expected but I think it still fits in the spirit of the challenge.

also keep puttering around with my Challenge 5 build and things are progressing.  I have the main idea and one of the main builds finished.  I don't want to finish too early though as I will constantly keep changing it!

Mikey

#2500 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Ageven's planning on touring Historica, would the Avalonians mind if I build a scene in Avalonia (farm, basically) for him to pass through?  :wink:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users