New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#1552 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Nice work on the wiki and maps NM!:thumbup:

Hoping to finish some of my LEGO projects soon so I can get to work on the University challenge...

Meanwhile I posted what I was able to photo on my idea for 5th Guild... Link here!

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1553 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 30 August 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

. . . And Kai NRG -- I see where you want to locate, but don't think you gave your town a name. . .
Yes, I haven't given my area a name yet. . . I have a list of interesting names around here somewhere though (mostly for my new guild, but I can steal one. . .).  I'll name it Auner, a city town right on the edge of the ocean (port, basically).  Great work on the maps, I love how you make them look so professional.  :thumbup:

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Ulandian Hastatus (23 points)

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

#1554 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

• Constellation Encyclopedia

Member: 14945

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Here are two of the updated detailed maps. I've got the rest done, just need to change some fonts and upload them.  Then I'll update the wiki links and whatever else to link up to these on Flickr.

Posted Image
Map of Southeast Siccus Badlands

Posted Image
Map of Northeast Siccus Badlands

Feedback welcomed of course, and if you want to get a site labeled or something, let me know.
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#1555 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 01 September 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

Feedback welcomed of course, and if you want to get a site labeled or something, let me know.

House of Kalores is moving to the point on the map just east of Qarkur in the cove. It hasn't been taken has it? I'm naming the town Adskhan. Reason forthcoming....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1556 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 01 September 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

House of Kalores is moving to the point on the map just east of Qarkur in the cove. It hasn't been taken has it? I'm naming the town Adskhan. Reason forthcoming....
I don't think anyone has claimed that yet. I'll put it on the map for you. You're a fairly prolific builder, so I expect there will be a good Adskhan MOC coming soon!

Here's a revision of the overall map btw. Not much has changed, just a few more labels, and I'm trying to find a more readable font for the town names.

Posted Image
Map of Kaliphlin

#1557 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 01 September 2012 - 06:50 PM, said:

You're a fairly prolific builder, so I expect there will be a good Adskhan MOC coming soon!

Well I do have a MOC coming soon... but its based in Barqa and is the reason for the move... and finally I'm not sure if it is a good MOC- more destruction going on than anything else... but I will let you judge when I am able to post it. :laugh:

#1558 Medic!!!

Medic!!!

Member: 27856

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Glad to see after a week away, not that you noticed, that we got something done....
Firebreath the bard, Bjorn the barbarian brothers in arms and travellers of Kaliplin.
My flickr

#1559 Axis600

Axis600

Member: 28633

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

NiceMarmot, sorry for bringing this up late...I didn't notice the thing about the map. I'm trying to set up a village called Vacana Jamina. Right about...
Posted Image
here...
Khamar Ibn Hakkad of the Kaliphlin guild.

#1560 Pyrovisionary

Pyrovisionary

• COMIC SAAAAAANS!!!

Member: 30624

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

These maps are amazing!

Posted Image

Our Pasta, who “Arghh” in heaven, Swallowed be thy shame. Thy Midgit come. Thy Sauce be yum, On top some grated Parmesan. Give us this day our garlic bread. And give us our cutlasses, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss. And lead us into temptation, But deliver us some Pizza. For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the "strippers, for ever and ever. RAmen.

Heroica stats!

Pastafarian and Proud  

#1561 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

View PostAxis600, on 02 September 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

NiceMarmot, sorry for bringing this up late...I didn't notice the thing about the map. I'm trying to set up a village called Vacana Jamina. Right about...
Got you covered!  I remembered your claim on that island from an earlier post... Never was sure whether the Mad Monks still live there or whether they relocated somewhere. I'll let Rasputin figure that one out.

View PostSkyrimguy, on 02 September 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

These maps are amazing!
Thanks! They are a good thing to work on when I'm away from the LEGO collection!

#1562 Erynlasgalen

Erynlasgalen

Member: 14491

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Great work on the maps NiceMarmot, now we have finally found a good reason to sit through boring meetings at work :laugh:

I finally have a day off work, so I am spending it with the bricks today. Gotta finish up the 5th guild mini-challenge, a MOC with no name and start in on the university too. Can't wait!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Currently portraying Amelia Phantomhive in the Kingdom of Kaliphlin.

#1563 Axis600

Axis600

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 03 September 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

Got you covered!  I remembered your claim on that island from an earlier post... Never was sure whether the Mad Monks still live there or whether they relocated somewhere. I'll let Rasputin figure that one out.
I think he moved 'em...but I can't swear to it, so it's your call. Thanks.

#1564 Maxim I

Maxim I

• Hippy kicker

Member: 22634

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Brothers and sisters from Kaliphlin (and the other people, who are less lucky that they aren't born in here).

I updated and created 4 Wikiapages:

Enjoy reading :classic:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!

East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/

#1565 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

It's been almost two weeks and I haven't put a single brick on my free build or started the design a 5th guild challenge yet....things need to calm down!  At this rate I'll never enter the University build.

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#1566 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostKayne, on 04 September 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

It's been almost two weeks and I haven't put a single brick on my free build or started the design a 5th guild challenge yet....things need to calm down!  At this rate I'll never enter the University build.
I agree. The good weather here is killing my building. All summer I've barely built anything. Although, last night I did help my son build a Ninjago Brickmaster set that we picked up at Costco the other day. Now that the days are getting shorter, he and I are not playing outside quite so late, and LEGO is becoming an option again.

#1567 SkaForHire

SkaForHire

• Historica's Fortune Teller

Member: 759

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 01 September 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Abandoning Barqa? Now I am very interested.

----------------

On another note, I am back, trying to get settled in, but have already unpacked the collection I have here in Texas.  I see that we are going full force with the University, I am not sure what I will build for it yet, but I will figure out something. The next large free build I was going to do was going to be the Mage's Academy of Eastgate, but now I think that it will be too similar, so I will put that on the backburner.  First thing's first, I am going to finish off my entry for the 5th guild. I already have a very detailed story (which will probably be a drawback as it is a long read) and I want to at least get something built finally after all these months. Also, I postponed the missing Dugal series for so long it is no longer relevant!

Anyway, good to be back, thank you all for the well wishes, now lets go kick some Avalonian / Mitgardian / Nocturnan Butt with our University.  As DaMaximus once put it (paraphrased) Kaliphlin is clearly the only guild refined enough for an institution of higher learning. Or something like that...
D.L.T.B.G.Y.D.  Flickr Feed

Dugal MacLean of the Kaliphlin Guild ~ "GEAR Up with GEAR CO supplies."

Posted Image                                                       Posted Image                                             Posted Image
Triumphal Arch of Petraea    ...    |    ....          Devil's Island   ......        |    ........       Rakath Mountain Ritual

#1568 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

Was googling around today for inspiration on a few builds I'm considering, looking for good examples of vernacular (i.e. everyday, non-monumental) Islamic architecture. Didn't find much, but it occurred to me to put what I did find into a page on the wiki so that everyone could benefit too.  (I put in a few interesting examples non-vernacular architecture too.)  Take a look, and feel free to add to it also.

BTW, I think I've found some inspiration for the mountain city of Qarkyr. Check out these photos of Constantine, Algeria.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by NiceMarmot, 06 September 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#1569 Axis600

Axis600

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

That, NiceMarmot, is legit. I'll lend a helping hand once I'm done with fifth guild and university.

#1570 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostKayne, on 04 September 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

It's been almost two weeks and I haven't put a single brick on my free build or started the design a 5th guild challenge yet....things need to calm down! At this rate I'll never enter the University build.

I had nearly a week off from work and so much LEGO building planned... but ended up doing little more than a bit of sorting.

Whenever I sort I always get ideas for new piece usage so I added a section to my village on Wikia where I will document ideas I have as "rumors of the village folk". I'm curious to see how many ideas actually make it past prototype stage, haha. All "rumors" are actual builds that have been started in some shape or form, whether in LDD or real brick. Rumors at the castle will be real brick builds.

So here is the first rumor-

"Sumthin fishy goin on up at dat thar castle. Aasim, da lad dat delivers fresh milk to da castle said one of the maids told him dat her fatha said dat da Shiek is buildin a movin statue up thar. He called it... hmm, a gamil... no, a... hmm... what did he call it? Oh yas! he called it a golem." ~ Abbas A'hd

@NM- Here are some architectural types that say "Kaliphlin" to me. Unfortunately I don't have enough tan bricks to convert to LEGO.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Mikel Kalores, 08 September 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#1571 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 08 September 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

@NM- Here are some architectural types that say "Kaliphlin" to me. Unfortunately I don't have enough tan bricks to convert to LEGO.
<snip>
Thanks, MK! Great photos. I've added them to the wiki page, and added a few more that I found too, including some really great ones from Yemen. So much inspiration, so little time to build.

#1572 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 08 September 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

Thanks, MK! Great photos. I've added them to the wiki page, and added a few more that I found too, including some really great ones from Yemen. So much inspiration, so little time to build.

Thanks for your work on the wiki! And did I mention those maps? Finally a detailed map of all of Historica.....

Edited by Mikel Kalores, 10 September 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#1573 Axis600

Axis600

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

Well...with this new challenge up, think I'll just use the work in progress that is my fifth guild and use it to create my entry. All works out in the end.

#1574 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Member: 12135

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Whew, i know i'm dreadfully late for the party (what with challenge 5 announced already!), but i finally got my elemental destruction build finished - i'm in the process of taking photos, here is one of the best from today:

Posted Image

Waiting for some more even light tomorrow morning, i might try some artificial light sources for the underground section too. I'll post it up as a free build as soon as i'm done!  :classic:

View PostNiceMarmot, on 01 September 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

Sweet work on the wiki and the maps Gex! :thumbup: Although i must apologise, but you might have to get your eraser out for the landbridge to Peregrinus - sadly we had to mine the bridge to prevent us from being overrun by earth elementals...  :cry_sad:

Still, enough of such sad things - after a round of destruction, i'm keen to get stuck into some constructive building again. (After i do a massive sort of course!  :wacko:)
Erudhalion Sansael, Admiral of the Kaliphlin fleet. Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#1575 Kai NRG

Kai NRG

• Propping up Historica's freedom

Member: 27955

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 08 September 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

--Images--
Those look great, especially the first one.  Unfortuantly my tan bricks are kept in a constantly low supply as well.  But you would probably do something like taht in stone (maybe a bit smaller) and accent it with tan?  :sceptic:

(And that was my 500th post!  :classic: )

Ageven Deraim, Lord of Auner, Representative of Qarkyr, High Lord of Kaliphlin, Graduated Doctor of Petraea University, Vice Admiral of Kaliphlin Fleet, Ulandian Hastatus (23 points)

_Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image___Posted Image

--Check out the Guilds of Historica!--gid617--Flickr--The Brick Blogger--

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved, and your house."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users