Brick Miner

What's in a name ???

i thought this might be a fun thread for those of you who have interesting screen names ;-)

BRICKMINER: in my land, bricks are a precious commodity. some say as precious as gold 8-

Well, mine is both obvious and embarrasingly childish :-$

You know how it's nearly impossible to get rid of a screen name once you've had it for awhile? Well that's the case with mine. I'm currently 20 (almost 21), but I've had this screen name since I was...oh, I guess 8? 10? Something along those lines. At the time I was in LOVE with Star Wars (and thankfully I still am :-D ). My name also happens to be Justin, so while my young mind sat there trying to think of a screen name for myself, I decided "Star Wars for Justin!"

Perfect

Or so I thought! Alas my heart sank when I learned it wouldn't fit :'-( Distrought I turned to my only option: leet speak *gasp*

Yes, back in the day, when I was 8, I used the number "4" to represent "for", even if only to make it fit, it has haunted me to this day! Anyway as I grew older I realized that...indeed it was a bit silly for a name, but my primary e-mail and screen name were both this! Finally a few years ago I adopted a somewhat different name on SOME places: ThatOneGuy. I was give that nickname by my ex-girlfriend awhile back. And while she sits at the top of my list for people who I hate, I love that nickname, so I use it someplaces. Now obviously I joined Eurobricks long after I got the nickname "ThatOneGuy", but I still chose this. "Why?" you may ask. Simple, for the places I feel less comfortable I use "ThatOneGuy". Random gaming places, places I'm not attached to (and MSN/IRC). However Lego...and especially this site are different to me. They're more precious, and remind me of better, and more innocent times. Happier times. So I chose my old screen name from my more carefree days to symbolize that.

Hope that explains it :-P

Easy: I like tigers (and cats in general), I like Calvin & Hobbes, so, obvious choice :-)

I've used it since I registered on ICQ in late 1999. Before that I didn't really use the www and its services and didn't need a screenname.

Since this character is pretty popular, though, I often ran into troubles with the screenname on messenger or free e-mail services, where almost any variation of that name was taken already. Probably decades ago, too. So I sometimes had to use my alternate version "misterhobbes" or "mister.hobbes" (S@H for example). If none of these are available I don't register.

But so far I'm registered on two message boards only, anyway, and I run my own e-mail server now ;-)

I chose my name when registering for Xbox Live back in te day. As a Transfan, I chose the first part of Ultra Magnus, and second part of Optimus Prime (OptimusMagnus looked odd ;)).

My name originates from the gameboy and nes games of Gargoyle's Quest. It's a spinoff of the more popular Ghost 'n Goblins. It's the name of the world in which these games are set.

Oddly enough, I never beat any of the games except one on the Super Nintendo called Demon's Crest.

The title is not in common use as a screen name, and since I mostly concentrate on monsters or the paranormal I tend to stick with it.

My name is one from Mr. Tolkien! As I am a big fan of the Lord of the Rings I choose it.

'Aredhel' means 'Noble Elf'; she can also be named as 'Ar-Feiniel' which means 'White Lady (of the Noldor)'!

Aredhel is the youngest child of Fingolfin (king of the Noldor).

She is the sister of Fingon and Turgon (king and builder of Gondolin and great-grandfather of Elrond) and she is one of the nobelst Noldor. She was ensnared by E

Distrought I turned to my only option: leet speak *gasp*

c0|\/|3 0N ! Dis ROXXxx$$$$ X-D If you wanna change your user name, it's possible, just ask me (we have that option somewhere).

Jipay : My real name is Jean-Philippe, which is a bit long. So people tende to make it shorter : JP. In french it sounds like Jipay, which I also choose for availability on msn and everything. I've been using it for "only" 5 years more or less.

If you wanna change your user name, it's possible, just ask me (we have that option somewhere).

Well thanks for the offer, but like I said, I chose this screen name for this site because...well, I feel comfortable here. Good to know it can be changed if it had to, though :-)

My name is Gyl

I'm a man

Whoa, whoa, slow down *wacko*

My name comes from a Gameboy Advance game called Golden Sun. Back in the days when I first got on the internet (well, on a daily basis) I really loved that game and just loved the pronunciation of Kikuichimonji (which is a sword in it, it's based on some kind of Japanese folklore/legend).

Like most of us, I never got rid of it. I still like the sound of it, but I'm not into Japan that much anymore. Although...I still enjoy collecting Japanese games and am teaching myself Japanese.

...can you imagine how bad it was a couple of years ago :-D

I've been using JINZONINGEN 73 since 1992, LONG before I ever heard of an "internet". (Didn't get online until mid-1999).

It's from this Dragonball Z movie, which I'd bought a bootleg VHS fan dub of at a crappy comic book convention or something:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Android_13

In it, Goku was getting pounded by the androids and the subtitle popped up, "DAMN JINZONINGEN!" ...which made me laugh.

Since the androids in the movie were named with escalating numbers at the end of their name, I used 73 (as in, born in 1973).

(In Japanese, Jinzo = artificial, fake, mechanical. Ningen = human. So, "android").

I probably still have the bootleg somewhere... but it's been years since I owned a VCR.

Ew. My internet name is almost 15 years old. 0__O

When I had finally internet 3 years ago, I needed a nickname for msn. Because I drive a Fiat Panda, I thought 'Panda', but that name was already taken. The engine of my car is 1.1ltr, so I tried 'Panda1100', but was also taken. The Panda I have now is my second one. My first one was a 0.9ltr engine, so I tried 'Panda9001100'. Now this name is taken by me *sweet* .

Apophis: Whohooo - every 16year old boy needs a villain's name as his nick, so I took Stargate SG-1's 1st season bad megablocks.

"V": Short for Voodoo, leftover of my Voodoo fascination, I was even younger than 16 years when I chose it.

So you see, my name lasts since more than 6 years or so ;-)

Jipay : My real name is Jean-Philippe, which is a bit long. So people tende to make it shorter : JP. In french it sounds like Jipay, which I also choose for availability on msn and everything. I've been using it for "only" 5 years more or less.
:-D i always thought your screen name was Jay Pi (that is how your initials sound in english). and you just switched around the "ay" and the "i" to get jipay !!!

i had no idea about the french pronunciation !!!

:-D - BrickMiner

At some point I can't remember, my Dad registered me for a website. He gave me this name, let's break it down to show you its meaning.

Joe - My real name

M - The first letter of my surname

I6 - 16th October, my birthday.

Also, the last half can be interpreted as MI6, the English secret service for overseas. So, I could be called some sort of EB secret agent in that quota ;-).

That's my name.

'snefroe' is the name of my cat. whenever you needed to register at websites you're supposed to give a password and a username or something of the sort. To make sure you wouldn't forget your password, there was the option to ask yourself a question like 'what's the name of your pet?', the answer would lead to the password. I've been using this one for about 5 years now, the cat is of about the same age. We just couldn't find any decent name for this one so we opened a book with the list of all the names of the pharaohs and decided on 'snefroe - senefroe - snofroe', the first being the best, and she actually listens to it!

I can't remember where the '1' comes from... i think i added this one day because you were required to add a number to your password, so when I registered here, I almost automatically added '1'. however, many people here seem to refer to me with 'sne', which is very weird to hear for some one who has dutch as his mother language. We would rather say: 'snef'...

post-230-1158342396.jpg

natelite = nate lite. :-P nate is usually taken, so nate + lite or nate + elite = natelite. somehow, someone, somewhere will always read that fast and go natalie. *sing* >:-( *wacko* :-X :-|

why lite? well, diet nate sounds silly... :-D

'Imperial ' because I was very into Imperial soldiers at the point where I signed up. But it could also be used as a good the start of a Star Wars name.

And 'John' because it sounded good ;-)

Jof: Short for Jonathan.

of Jofanan as my little sister called me (Oh I don't know 26 years go or such)

Jof

Again because all connotations of my name were taken back in '97 when I got inline. Peter, PeterJones, MrJones, NurseJones, PJones etc. Didn't want a random number appended so I started looking to my other interests, one being Red Dwarf. Captain Tau has cropped up three times in Red Dwarf, though most people will never have heard of her. That's right, HER. I remembered there was a Captain Tau in one of the novels. It passed me by that it was a she. And both other incarnations were female, I later discovered. Never mind, it still works. Its all lower case and one word because of some sites using case-sentitive loggin and me being lazy. I wouldn't dream of changing it as I've been using it for 10 years now pretty much everywhere on the web.

Here, I seem to get referred to as "Cap" or The Captain. I'm not actually Captain of anything, though I'll answer to pretty much anything. On Martial Arts forums, I'm generally known as "CT". Strangely, I also answer to "Pete"!

'snefroe' is the name of my cat.

Isn't it egyptian related aswell or am I mistaken ?

'snefroe' is the name of my cat.

Isn't it egyptian related aswell or am I mistaken ?

didn't you read my entire post? sooooo disappointed... X-O :'-( :-X :-P

Well, the first ever site I joined was Classic-Castle, about two years ago. I was going to go with 'Dillon' (which is my name, if you haven't noticed yet) But then, being the clever person that I am (:-|) though 'I know, I'll put a Sir infront of my name, and make it all castle-fide! Heh.

I joined here shortly after, and just decided to use the same name, because I couldn't think of anything else that was better...