Jump to content


Guilds of Historica Introduction/General Discussion Thread


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1864 replies to this topic

#501 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

  • Returning Nocturnian Master


    Posts: 6216
    Joined: 30-March 08
    Member: 2955
    Country: Australia

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postkabel, on 19 April 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

just one question, does the guardian have to be brickbuild? Or can I take a preexisting best of the LEGO universe if it makes sense to my moc?
Well, we would prefer to see a brick-built guardian as it will test your buildign skills  :wink: but it's up to you.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image


#502 kabel

kabel

  • lower case


    Posts: 2863
    Joined: 19-July 09
    Member: 6745
    Country: Germany

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

well, I guess it's a challenge then :wink:
Steen Larsson
Carpenter
Royal Architect of Mitgardia and Vice Admiral of the Mitgardian fleet


Posted Image   Posted Image

My Brickshelf

My Flickr

Medieval Ships


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#503 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

As I'm very busy right now, I fear that I will not be able to complete challenge 3. Can I still be a part of the Guild if I do not build this MOC?

#504 Balthasar

Balthasar

  • Nocturnus Cartographer


    Posts: 202
    Joined: 13-January 12
    Member: 24144

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

View PostLEGOman273, on 20 April 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

As I'm very busy right now, I fear that I will not be able to complete challenge 3. Can I still be a part of the Guild if I do not build this MOC?

Absolutely, no worries  :classic:  You can build freebuilds or participate in minichallenges. Or even just participate in forum conversation if you don't like building lego  :wink:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Count Balthasar Nero of the Nocturnus Guild ~ embassy in Mitgardia ~ interactive map of the Eastern Darklands


#505 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

    Posts: 2424
    Joined: 10-December 11
    Member: 22977

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostBalthasar, on 20 April 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Absolutely, no worries  :classic:  You can build freebuilds or participate in minichallenges. Or even just participate in forum conversation if you don't like building lego  :wink:
Thanks. :classic:

#506 reptiman

reptiman

    Posts: 42
    Joined: 20-April 12
    Member: 28085

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

I would like to join one of the guilds.  I feel very limited in my choices though due to parts colors.  Would I be able to build a certain scene regardless of guild?  For example, if I wanted to build a desert when I was in Mitgardia's guild or Nocturnus.  Thanks for your time everyone!
                         ~reptiman

#507 Blaze

Blaze

    Posts: 156
    Joined: 06-February 12
    Member: 25743
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

If you use your imagination almost everything is possible! For example an ambassy of Mitgardia/nocturnus in the desert, or some sort of quest of your adventurers in kaliphlin (the desert nation). Just be original and use your imagination and you can justify every build.
Virgil Faust, Captain of the Northern Rangersfrom Mitgardia
Member of the Cold Circle

Posted Image

#508 reptiman

reptiman

    Posts: 42
    Joined: 20-April 12
    Member: 28085

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

View PostBlaze, on 24 April 2012 - 09:53 PM, said:

If you use your imagination almost everything is possible! For example an ambassy of Mitgardia/nocturnus in the desert, or some sort of quest of your adventurers in kaliphlin (the desert nation). Just be original and use your imagination and you can justify every build.
Thank you!  I just wanted to make sure that I would not be restricted due to what guild I joined.  I am glad that you are allowed to build whatever you like regardless of guild.  Thanks for the help.

#509 I Scream Clone

I Scream Clone

  • Returning Nocturnian Master


    Posts: 6216
    Joined: 30-March 08
    Member: 2955
    Country: Australia

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

View Postreptiman, on 24 April 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I would like to join one of the guilds.  I feel very limited in my choices though due to parts colors.  Would I be able to build a certain scene regardless of guild?  For example, if I wanted to build a desert when I was in Mitgardia's guild or Nocturnus.  Thanks for your time everyone!
                         ~reptiman
We also made sure the four lands meet at a rich green forest region in the middle at Cerdrica, so you can effectively build whatever region you desire as long as it's for the good of your guild! Welcome aboard.

Got Questions? Need help? New member?,Read the site guidelines,Index of helpful tutorials

Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image


#510 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

  • Constellation Encyclopedia


    Posts: 1061
    Joined: 27-December 10
    Member: 14945
    Country: Califlin

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:33 PM

View Postreptiman, on 24 April 2012 - 09:35 PM, said:

I would like to join one of the guilds.  I feel very limited in my choices though due to parts colors.  Would I be able to build a certain scene regardless of guild?  For example, if I wanted to build a desert when I was in Mitgardia's guild or Nocturnus.  
In a shameless plug for Kaliphlin Guild, I'd like to point out that we have deserts, forests, plains, oceans, swamps, and mountains (even with snow).  We've got it all!  You can build anything!

But seriously, I don't think type/color of bricks would prevent you from joining whatever guild you want.  Although I do think that Kaliphlin provides the most geographic flexibility  :sweet:
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#511 reptiman

reptiman

    Posts: 42
    Joined: 20-April 12
    Member: 28085

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostI Scream Clone, on 24 April 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

We also made sure the four lands meet at a rich green forest region in the middle at Cerdrica, so you can effectively build whatever region you desire as long as it's for the good of your guild! Welcome aboard.


View PostNiceMarmot, on 24 April 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

In a shameless plug for Kaliphlin Guild, I'd like to point out that we have deserts, forests, plains, oceans, swamps, and mountains (even with snow).  We've got it all!  You can build anything!

But seriously, I don't think type/color of bricks would prevent you from joining whatever guild you want.  Although I do think that Kaliphlin provides the most geographic flexibility  :sweet:
Thanks both of you!  I have now decided on a guild and will be joining very soon.  Thanks for the help!

#512 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

  • Mitgardia's moccing machine


    Posts: 5640
    Joined: 03-October 11
    Member: 20775
    Country: USA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

One question: In the future will we be able to ask for feedback on our free builds like we could after challenge 2?
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher, Shadow Rider, Gentlefolk, in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#513 Maxim I

Maxim I

  • Hippy kicker


    Posts: 2279
    Joined: 30-November 11
    Member: 22634
    Country: Kaliphlanders

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I am struggling a bit with numbers:


When counting armies, you will have to use the amount of soldiers you really got or you may just put a number on it, based on nothing?


For example, I got around 120 LEGO minifig medieval soldiers and I guess if we put all the soldiers of all Lords of Kaliphlin together, we have 3000 or something like that. What is almost nothing if we must be honest :classic:

Or may we just multiply our amount of soldiers *50?
150 000 men sounds already better :laugh:

the reason I am wondering this is for the wikia. When describing the history of Ximus, I say somewhere that an army of 2000 men was needed to conquer the enemies. That amount was based on the idea that 2000 lego-figures would be unseen. Nonethless, in real life, 2000 men is not that big.

Some more thinking:

- The Battle of The Gulden Spurs (1302, Flanders):
Flanders: 9000 men (400 of them were knights) -- VS -- France: 8000 men (2500 of them were knights, 3500 of them other light infantry)
A knight was counted as 10 infantry soldiers making it somehow: 12 600 vs 30 500 . (But Flanders won :laugh: )

- In Game of Thrones
House of Stark: 20 000 men
House of Lannister: 30 000 men
House of Baretheon: 100 000 men

- In Medieval Total War
A General or captain can lead around 2000 men (depends on how many horses he has with him). This amount is needed to conquer a city. After playing some rounds, you can have as king a total army of more than 100 000 men


=> so to repeat the question:
When putting numbers on the wikia, should we use the numbers a normal men can afford (in lego minifigs) or just use the amount we want? :classic:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!


East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/


#514 Darkdragon

Darkdragon

  • Destroyed Dreams of Super-Santa


    Posts: 5107
    Joined: 22-November 10
    Member: 14331
    Country: USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostDaMaximus, on 03 May 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

=> so to repeat the question:
When putting numbers on the wikia, should we use the numbers a normal men can afford (in lego minifigs) or just use the amount we want? :classic:

I think that a minifig for an army would represent a group. Like on a chart sometimes it will have an image to represent something, but it's always a group - so one boy icon would represent 10 or 50 boys, etc.

We would definately need to agree as a group what one army figure represents though, otherwise all the numbers are meaningless.  

I'd say either have 1 soldier minifig represent 10 or 50 (need to choose that). Maybe have 1 knight represent 10 and 1 infantry represent 50?

#515 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

  • Constellation Encyclopedia


    Posts: 1061
    Joined: 27-December 10
    Member: 14945
    Country: Califlin

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostDaMaximus, on 03 May 2012 - 10:42 AM, said:

I am struggling a bit with numbers:

When counting armies, you will have to use the amount of soldiers you really got or you may just put a number on it, based on nothing?

For example, I got around 120 LEGO minifig medieval soldiers and I guess if we put all the soldiers of all Lords of Kaliphlin together, we have 3000 or something like that. What is almost nothing if we must be honest :classic:

Or may we just multiply our amount of soldiers *50?
150 000 men sounds already better :laugh:

the reason I am wondering this is for the wikia. When describing the history of Ximus, I say somewhere that an army of 2000 men was needed to conquer the enemies. That amount was based on the idea that 2000 lego-figures would be unseen. Nonethless, in real life, 2000 men is not that big.

Some more thinking:

- The Battle of The Gulden Spurs (1302, Flanders):
Flanders: 9000 men (400 of them were knights) -- VS -- France: 8000 men (2500 of them were knights, 3500 of them other light infantry)
A knight was counted as 10 infantry soldiers making it somehow: 12 600 vs 30 500 . (But Flanders won :laugh: )

- In Game of Thrones
House of Stark: 20 000 men
House of Lannister: 30 000 men
House of Baretheon: 100 000 men

- In Medieval Total War
A General or captain can lead around 2000 men (depends on how many horses he has with him). This amount is needed to conquer a city. After playing some rounds, you can have as king a total army of more than 100 000 men

=> so to repeat the question:
When putting numbers on the wikia, should we use the numbers a normal men can afford (in lego minifigs) or just use the amount we want? :classic:
I'm not totally sure of what the context of this question is, so it's hard to answer. Why are you putting the number of soldiers in the wiki? Just when making up a history or something?

Remember that Historica is actually quite small. I think we determined that, based on our existing maps, all of Historica is about the size of Texas or France. Given that population density was a lot lower in medieval times, and there were no standing armies, having several thousand soliders per guild might not be totally inaccurate. Wikipedia states that the 14th century peak for France was about 17 million, and that after the Black Death it was 1/3 less, or about 11 million. And France would have had a greater population than Historica, as it's climate and geography is pretty much universally benign, whereas density would be lower in Kaliphlin, Mitgardia, and Nocturnus due to inhospitable conditions in much of those areas. Another data point: the English had about 6000-9000 men at Agincourt; the French had 12,000-25,000.

I'm not sure the number of minifigs we have relates at all to the number of men-at-arms that the Guild can muster. For one, my minifigs (about 200) only represent a portion of the warriors I can call up :devil:  Some of us, particularly those whose characters are traders or have other non-warrior backstories, probably can't muster many at all.  And who says that the current set of guild members represent the total guild? There are probably hundreds of other prominent guild members out there for each guild. They just haven't come forward yet  :wink:
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#516 Maxim I

Maxim I

  • Hippy kicker


    Posts: 2279
    Joined: 30-November 11
    Member: 22634
    Country: Kaliphlanders

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostNiceMarmot, on 03 May 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

I'm not totally sure of what the context of this question is, so it's hard to answer. Why are you putting the number of soldiers in the wiki? Just when making up a history or something?

I was just telling a story (long time ago already, but now I read it again), like a grandfather tells his son before bedtime, and in stories they like to give numbers to help the listeners. :wink:

View PostNiceMarmot, on 03 May 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Remember that Historica is actually quite small. I think we determined that, based on our existing maps, all of Historica is about the size of Texas or France. Given that population density was a lot lower in medieval times, and there were no standing armies, having several thousand soliders per guild might not be totally inaccurate. Wikipedia states that the 14th century peak for France was about 17 million, and that after the Black Death it was 1/3 less, or about 11 million. And France would have had a greater population than Historica, as it's climate and geography is pretty much universally benign, whereas density would be lower in Kaliphlin, Mitgardia, and Nocturnus due to inhospitable conditions in much of those areas. Another data point: the English had about 6000-9000 men at Agincourt; the French had 12,000-25,000.

I don't really agree as I see historica more as a continent then a large country. Kaliphlin for example has the size of France in my eyes (but then another climate).

One thing I do agree is that France lost many times even they had the best armies :tongue: But that is a bit of topic.

But, it doesn't matter how big Historica or Kaliphlin is. The stories and MOC'ing are way more important than those things.

View PostNiceMarmot, on 03 May 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

I'm not sure the number of minifigs we have relates at all to the number of men-at-arms that the Guild can muster. For one, my minifigs (about 200) only represent a portion of the warriors I can call up :devil: Some of us, particularly those whose characters are traders or have other non-warrior backstories, probably can't muster many at all. And who says that the current set of guild members represent the total guild? There are probably hundreds of other prominent guild members out there for each guild. They just haven't come forward yet :wink:

I know our dear Lord Dextrus Flagg can call up a real big army himself (look at the army marching before his "Great Wall of China" for example) and that others like you said will have only a few mercenaries or knights.

Our hidden brothers may show their faces then really soon as we are allmost halfway with the original duration of Historica :cry_sad:

Neverthless a reason I can give for the army numbers, is for example in case there would be a war (between the Guilds as there is again more activity at the borders of Nocturnus. Or between Historica and Lands of Classic-Castle like my spies once told would become inevitable). I don't say the war will be played by a mathematical chance-program based on the numbers of the armies, but bragging with numbers is always a method to make your enemy think twice before he attacks u :classic:

View Postdarkdragon, on 03 May 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

I think that a minifig for an army would represent a group. Like on a chart sometimes it will have an image to represent something, but it's always a group - so one boy icon would represent 10 or 50 boys, etc.

We would definately need to agree as a group what one army figure represents though, otherwise all the numbers are meaningless.

I'd say either have 1 soldier minifig represent 10 or 50 (need to choose that). Maybe have 1 knight represent 10 and 1 infantry represent 50?

Maybe better saying:

infantry: x10
knights: x50

as in Medieval times knights were counted as 10 soldiers on foot :classic:

Lord Damaximus of Stedor, loyal to the guild of KALIPHLIN!


East Stedor  - West Stedor

Posted Image   Posted Image
my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/76053512@N04/


#517 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

  • No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness


    Posts: 1796
    Joined: 17-December 08
    Member: 4711
    Country: USA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostDaMaximus, on 03 May 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

I was just telling a story (long time ago already, but now I read it again), like a grandfather tells his son before bedtime, and in stories they like to give numbers to help the listeners. :wink:



I don't really agree as I see historica more as a continent then a large country. Kaliphlin for example has the size of France in my eyes (but then another climate).

One thing I do agree is that France lost many times even they had the best armies :tongue: But that is a bit of topic.

But, it doesn't matter how big Historica or Kaliphlin is. The stories and MOC'ing are way more important than those things.



I know our dear Lord Dextrus Flagg can call up a real big army himself (look at the army marching before his "Great Wall of China" for example) and that others like you said will have only a few mercenaries or knights.

Our hidden brothers may show their faces then really soon as we are allmost halfway with the original duration of Historica :cry_sad:

Neverthless a reason I can give for the army numbers, is for example in case there would be a war (between the Guilds as there is again more activity at the borders of Nocturnus. Or between Historica and Lands of Classic-Castle like my spies once told would become inevitable). I don't say the war will be played by a mathematical chance-program based on the numbers of the armies, but bragging with numbers is always a method to make your enemy think twice before he attacks u :classic:



Maybe better saying:

infantry: x10
knights: x50

as in Medieval times knights were counted as 10 soldiers on foot :classic:

I would like to see each fig represent 10 similar units - be it infantry, cavalry or other. I would say there should be a min number to represent though (say 10 infantry for 100 footmen or 4 horsemen for 40 cavalry). My two cents.

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image


#518 Christoph

Christoph

    Posts: 90
    Joined: 26-December 09
    Member: 8747

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

DaMaximus, I understand that you want some numbers when you tell stories. I agree with NiceMarmot that the actual number of soldiers in an army is not more than some thousands (and most of the times much less). When you tell stories you can, however, exaggerate quite a bit (Scare our enemies!). So I am fine with any number you put in your story.

I would not like, however, a strict conversion between minifigures and actual soldiers. I think a minifig is a minifig and that alone can be a force to be reckoned with... In most mocs (besides pure army building) such a conversion would not make much sense in my opinion. Abu Ali is unique and does not come in ten-packs! :tongue:
Abū Alī al-Ḥusayn ibn Abd Allāh ibn Sīnā, a truth seeker of the Kaliphlin guild

#519 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

  • Constellation Encyclopedia


    Posts: 1061
    Joined: 27-December 10
    Member: 14945
    Country: Califlin

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Yes, I agree with Abu Ali.

When writing the history or story of an event, put whatever number you think is appropriate for the story and somewhat realistic given the size of the guild, town, province, whatever is doing the fighting.

When creating an MOC, I think a minifig is a single person. I don't think anyone will be creating MOCs with thousands of minifigs in them anyway.
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#520 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

  • No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness


    Posts: 1796
    Joined: 17-December 08
    Member: 4711
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I don't expect a MOC figure to represent more than itself.  I do think that some people might like to come up with a rough estimate of armies based on owned figs from the standpoint of "how much do these really represent."  I don't think anyone is really looking to own 2000 figs just to say in their lore that their army has 2000 soldiers.  People can arbitrarily say "My region can muster 100,000 troops, or a  million.  It is just nice to give a realistic goal to shoot for, so if I have 20 lion soldiers and 40 dragon soldiers and 20 forestmen, then maybe that means I can muster 200 lion soldiers, 400 dragon soldiers and 200 villagers/forestmen.  Then I could say to myself "self, I should buy 20 more figs so then I can say I have an even 1000 man army."  

It's just a way of artificially calculating your army strength, and only some people will be interested in doing it.  It is not meant to be a rule that must apply to all Historicans.  IMO.

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image


#521 Lord Derfel Cadarn

Lord Derfel Cadarn

  • Lives in a pumpkin eat pumpkin world.


    Posts: 1386
    Joined: 10-March 09
    Member: 5528
    Country: United Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Very true, and let's be honest, if you had a 2000 fig army you would need a pretty big moc to display them all. I've built some large mocs but there's no way I could fit 2000 figs on them without it looking stupid.

It makes sense to have a basic key or rule of the amount of soldiers like Rogueang said.  So if we say that 10 figs stands for 100 men, that gives a good rule to go by.
Posted Image     Posted Image                                                                          
                                    Lord Of The Dark Isle                 
                                                      My Flickr

#522 NiceMarmot

NiceMarmot

  • Constellation Encyclopedia


    Posts: 1061
    Joined: 27-December 10
    Member: 14945
    Country: Califlin

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

View Postrogueang, on 04 May 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

I don't think anyone is really looking to own 2000 figs just to say in their lore that their army has 2000 soldiers.
Well, it would be kinda cool...  *oh2*  Now I know what to get when I win the lottery.  $6000 worth of minifigs!  Plus 16 baseplates to hold them -- that's another $100 or so.  Plus hiring someone else to position them all.  Plus a stop motion video team to create full battle scenes...
Tafik Regex Marmota, Kaliphlin Guild, Master Cartographer

#523 ZCerberus

ZCerberus

  • Little Boney


    Posts: 4725
    Joined: 23-October 06
    Member: 1043
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

On the guild wiki I actually split my troops into ranks.  I would say I have a fairly "large" Avalonian army now assembled, and I would imagine it is still well under 200 total soldiers.

Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image+Posted Image

See these MOCs and MORE in the Guilds of Historica!


Trian Burress fell in Nocturnus at the battle for Abyssian!


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide | Tutorials


#524 Mike S

Mike S

  • New Daddy!


    Posts: 1603
    Joined: 13-February 12
    Member: 26273
    Country: Florida, USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

I could probably put together an army of around 60 Lion Knights alone (but if I put all factions and monsters and recruited villagers together into an army.... Posted Image) but my standing army will be a bit less. I like to be a bit realistic with my standing army and if I do not have the buildings to lodge and support my army (think food, armor/weaponsmiths, etc), I reduce the size. When I finish my castle, (which thanks to Eurobricks is now slated to be torn down and redesigned Posted Image ) I should be able to maintain a standing army of about 50.

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image


#525 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

  • No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness


    Posts: 1796
    Joined: 17-December 08
    Member: 4711
    Country: USA

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 04 May 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

I could probably put together an army of around 60 Lion Knights alone (but if I put all factions and monsters and recruited villagers together into an army.... Posted Image) but my standing army will be a bit less. I like to be a bit realistic with my standing army and if I do not have the buildings to lodge and support my army (think food, armor/weaponsmiths, etc), I reduce the size. When I finish my castle, (which thanks to Eurobricks is now slated to be torn down and redesigned Posted Image ) I should be able to maintain a standing army of about 50.

This is a very good point. When I built my embassy I included a barracks room that could hold a whopping 4 troops. Luckily,I only had 12 residents, so if they each sleep in 8 hour shifts. A bit absurd, I know, but I think our castles kind of scale like the troops. Only the largest MOCs would be more than meager strongholds if they were translated to real life. Real castles are simply enormous, have barracks for 100s of soldiers and rooms for a similar number of servants and the like. Everything we build is at 1/100th scale and then 1/10th scale except for the occasional magnificent MOC.

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users