MOC : art nouveau and modern modular buildings

28 replies to this topic

#26 ER0L

ER0L

Member: 20651

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

View Postalex54, on 25 March 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

You're totally right, I'm from Nancy. And in fact, we have so many art nouveau building here, that I can't lack of inspiration.

I’m glad that a stranger (or maybe you’re French too) knows my little city! :sweet:

No, I'm German. But I am a huge fan of France and also know Nancy a little bit. So I am quite envious.  :wink:
Posted Image

ER0L's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/er0l | Brickwick on YouTube | Brickwick Blog

MOC groups founded by ER0L:

#27 The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy

Member: 13286

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Alex54, i realy like this house. Most of all i like the tower. You've made very well use of the wedgeplates. Very ingenius. Thanks for showing us the inside. I admire your work.
You are never to old for Lego (and never to young to start with it)

Posted Image

#28 alex54

alex54

• CC reducer, city expander

Member: 560

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

View PostThe Dutch Guy, on 26 March 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

Alex54, i realy like this house. Most of all i like the tower. You've made very well use of the wedgeplates. Very ingenius. Thanks for showing us the inside. I admire your work.

I think it's nice to show how the special parts are made, it can help others.

Posted Image                        Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#29 homoludens

homoludens

Member: 6174

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postalex54, on 25 March 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

But art nouveau style is really hard to make with LEGO bricks, because it is based on vegetal and plant movements, with curves, and our bricks are right. I really like this architecture period, I like walking down the street, looking at those nice details here and there on more classical building. But also this movement gave us some very strange and singular houses.

I am also a great fan of art nouveau and find myself struggling with the same problems as you are - how can one imitate the vital and round ornamentation with elements that are mainly straight and rectangular? Having said that, I must profess that your latest building (the older ones are great as well) is an inspiration for me. The way you combined old and new architecture is simply stunning. Makes me want to run downstairs and start building right away...

Merci!
Frank

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users