Sign in to follow this  
lorax

My first Medieval MOC

After reading Derfel Cardarn's building methods I was inspired to build something. I am not an historian so chances are there will be things all wrong historically, but here is my little village.

6288266573_e14e6ff89e.jpg

Lego Medieval village by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

6288785904_e4fe80d051.jpg

Lego Medieval village - barn by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

6288786012_33e475e8e2.jpg

Lego Medieval village - shack by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

6288266151_351f2fd686.jpg

Lego Medieval village - house by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

6288786382_0744d28fca.jpg

Lego Medieval village - bridge by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Edit to add: The flipper roof idea was from SlyOwl.

Edited by lorax

Heh, as for the buildings walls I like the 1x1 square better then then 1x1 round brick! So good for you. ;)

I would even suggest less variety of colours in it. Imo that is.

All over a good moc, well done.

Heh, as for the buildings walls I like the 1x1 square better then then 1x1 round brick! So good for you. ;)

I would even suggest less variety of colours in it. Imo that is.

All over a good moc, well done.

Rather, I think opposite. The 1x1 Round Stud (Derfel Cardarn Technique) works perfectly. The bridge is fantastic as well as The Shack. It looks small but cosy. The animals seem free to roam and The knight under the apple tree is a great idea. The waterfall and river are also good. The use of the MMV stall also looks good, but slightly out of place. The colours work well together.

Overall- Well Done!

Edited by JediAnakin

Very good MOC, lots of intricate detail and really like the shack roof! Wonder what it looks like underneath.

Only thing I would change would be removal of some of the flowers, especially the pink ones!

I think you have done a really great job! It deffinitly has a cosey feel to it. The buildings are nicely done as is the barn roof and the one by the waterfall. Great job on the waterfall, I couldn't help noticing you used clear goblets for the waterfall, this is a great technique! Well done!

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I agree with the MMV market stall (i had a space but ran out of ideas :laugh:

I wasn't sure what else to put in the space.

I will reduce the flowers a little (I have a big foliage order coming, so I can add more greenery in place of some of the flowers).

The waterfall is goblets and clear 1x1 round plates. I started making the river topped with clear 1x1 plates, but I ran out.

My husband likes the little barn with 1x1 plates best, but I like the little shack with 1x1 round plates (and flipper roof, an idea that I stole from someone on the internet)

Great stuff AnitaE Lorax, nice to see you having a crack at the Medieval era.

Nice hight in the landscape, though the buildings could be a tad bigger ( I still have trouble getting the scale big enough) and I love the red apples....where did they come from?

I'm not sure who started the flipper shingles but I know SlyOwl was doing it a long time ago.

Excellent and beautiful at the same time 'lorax', that little barn is sweet and that house perfect for the period.

That waterfall, very clever use of parts (expensive though 2 bucks a pop at Toy Corner for those....and no I don't shop BL....lack of a credit card you see ! :blush::laugh: ).....overall I :wub: and makes me want to build a medieval creation....must watch more Time Team for ideas. :wink:

Brick On 'lorax' ! :sweet:

Thanks Taz and Lightning Tiger.

Taz, I might change the size of the big building, which will also fix the space where I stuck the little market stall (so I can remove that).

I couldn't remember who did the flipper roof, but as soon as I saw it, I ordered a bunch of flippers.

I think the red apples came from belville and Scala sets (and from bricklink). I have a weird need to buy lots of Lego food, I must have about 50 bananas but never used a single one in a MOC :laugh:

Lightnining tiger, they are from around 16c new on bricklink for the trans-clear goblet (around 20c from Aussie sellers, where you can do direct deposit for many Aussie sellers).