CannonBlast Island

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic  – Started by Captain BeerBeard , Oct 27 2011 08:06 AM

#26 Trent

Trent

Member: 16613

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

I've just seen this on the blog.

I really like the water technique - it's not perfect, but it's novel and adds something different.  I think it works better in the side on view than over the top, but if you mix the 1x2 plates with some others, it might be fantastic.   :pir-classic:

The walkway around the cabin is really excellent; I love that - and I really like the foliage on the island.  Great work.

#27 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard
  • Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

View PostBig Cam, on 01 December 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

Go to Classic-Pirates.com

I love the water technique and the foliage, it's just a great little island that works.  I meant to blog this sooner, back when I indexed it, but I got busy and this MOC got pushed down the forum.  Hopefully this will bring some more life into the conversation.

Great MOC!
Big Cam, I was wondering why you never commented. Thanks, for the blog! I really wanted the focus of the moc to  be the water. It is frickin' hard to show any kind of motion with LEGO parts. I think I did it with this moc. I urge everyone to try the water style. It looks best in person with natural light. I'm not giving up on this water style. I have some idea's for the future with this style. I'm suprised that nobody said anything about the wet sand trails from the row boat's.
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#28 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

View PostTrent, on 04 December 2011 - 01:04 AM, said:

I've just seen this on the blog.

I really like the water technique - it's not perfect, but it's novel and adds something different.

For me that is why it works, imperfect water looks more natural.

View PostCaptain BeerBeard, on 04 December 2011 - 12:06 PM, said:

Big Cam, I was wondering why you never commented. Thanks, for the blog! I really wanted the focus of the moc to  be the water. It is frickin' hard to show any kind of motion with LEGO parts. I think I did it with this moc. I urge everyone to try the water style. It looks best in person with natural light. I'm not giving up on this water style. I have some idea's for the future with this style. I'm suprised that nobody said anything about the wet sand trails from the row boat's.

I was gone for a few days and then I had to go on an indexing spree, I made a mental note to come back, but I must of had to do something and I forgot. The blog is running again at a pretty good pace so hopefully good MOC's like this don't get overlooked again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links