The Green Lantern
Back view, very nice detailing.
Bruce, your face!
Back is printed with excellent detailing!
Hinckley's two cents
The great thing about these figures is the quality. After goofing around with the quality of the collectible mini-figures using cheaper production and flimsy connections, I'm happy to say LEGO doesn't spare on the quality with these! This is sturdy plastic, well molded, strong joints, all with the normal LEGO sheen!
Batman - gets an update with an excellent new torso! I like the detailing on front and back. The design differs slightly from the original. We get some more contours and the utility belt! Check out those rear delt armor plates. This must be Joel Schumacher's Batman. LEGO uses the same trick with the white band on Bruce Wayne's forehead to give Batman the Animated Series/Comic Book look. This is still an excellent figure with a sleek update from the LEGO designers.
Green Lantern - Awesome, and not just because it's new. This is an excellent design as well. Look at all those muscles! I'm a sucker for LEGO Super Hero muscles. I probably shouldn't be admitting that, publicly. LEGO has also done us the favor of offering two different expressions for the Green Lantern: smug, self-satisfied crime fighter or angry constipated vengeance seeker! It's handy to have such a range, depending on what scenario your imagination puts our hero in.
This will certainly be exciting to have DC figs of such quality hitting the market soon. If this is an example of the line's quality, I have very high hopes for it, at least figure-wise.
So, do you want to win these?
It's simple. All you have to do is build something, post it here, enter it in the contest at legosuperheroes.com (if you meet the requirements of the contest) and you'll be eligible. When the contest ends, we'll randomly draw two winners. One will receive Batman, the other will receive The Green Lantern. It's just that simple! But, let's post some rules anyway...
- To be eligible you must have been a member of Eurobricks before October 24th, 2011
- You must post a new superhero-related MOC or LDD file, that hasn't been posted before October 24th, 2011
- You are encouraged to enter your MOC in the contest at legosuperheroes.com
- You cannot use the same MOC you enter in Eurobricks Batman contest, but since there is no size restriction, come up with a creative little vig. Any MOC will do.
- Official LEGO superhero figs are not required.
- Only one entry per member will be counted. (starting an additional account to stack the odds will get you banned)
- There are no restrictions to entering this raffle based on the country you live in.
- Raffle closes on November 30th, 2011.
- Have fun!