Jump to content


Heroica RPG - Quest#12: Honey, I Shrunk the Youngins!


  • Please log in to reply
454 replies to this topic

#1 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:31 PM

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate in this quest. If you wish to join the game, head to the Rules & Discussion topic to learn how to do so.~



Posted Image


Coming to the aid of the distraught gnomish inventor, five heroes left the Halls of Heroica to help reunite a father with his children. The five were:

Posted ImageTesni Hightribe (played by Peppermint_M)
Level 11 Barbarian (Party Leader)
Power: 18
Health: 17/17
Gold: 110
Inventory: Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 8, Darkness), Cryfder (WP:6), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Venom

Posted ImageHaldor Skovgaard (played by Scorpiox)
Level 4 Cleric
Power: 11
Health: 12/12
Ether: 8/8
Gold: 7
Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:7), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion, Remedy, Venom and a fur-lined bedroll

Posted ImageAlexis Fenral (played by Masked Builder)
Level 11½ Ranger
Power: 19
Health: 15/15
15Gold: 22
Inventory: Mockthril Longbow (WP:8, Lightning), Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Potion, Venom, Pickax, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone, Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP:7), Magic Compass

Posted ImageEllaria Arbour (played by Sandy)
Level 6 Cleric
Power: 16
Health: 14/14
Ether: 10/10
Gold: 72
Inventory: Ignis Fatuus (WP: 10, fire-elemental), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe

Posted ImageHoke Ablesword (played by UsernameMDM)
Level 6 Knight
Power: 14
Health: 15/15
Gold: 156
Inventory: Vintul, the Greatsword of Wind (Great sword: WP 8, wind), Kriegsmesser (Long Sword: WP 3), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 2), Cultist Hat, Emerald, Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass


The party arrives at the gnome's residence without incident. They see a sign with an arrow that reads, "Heroes, come on back." Upon reaching the backyard the team sees who can only be their employer pacing incessantly.

Posted Image

"Welcome, Welcome! I'm glad yer here. Come,come and behold the greatest invention of all time! I've put it together with whatever materials I could afford but recently the Ji Pei have shown interest in funding my work."

Posted Image

The gnomish inventor ushers the party along. He adjusts his spectacles and points his index finger in the air before drawing back a large curtain. "I am Moranis Szalinski and I call this the Microfigunator 7268! It's capable of shrinking and unshrinking bricks and minifigs alike!"

Posted Image

"As the notice said, me youngins somehow activated the device, shrank themselves down and got themselves lost in me backyard! I've managed to isolate their location within a small sandy corner of me yard bordering me neighbor's home. It's a bit of a maze back there. I used the Microfigunator 7268 to shrink down some items and scattered them throughout the yard for me youngins. If ye should discover them feel free to use them to help in yer search for me children!"

Szalinski paused and looked to his feet before his eyes widen. "Ah, I almost forgot. I've sent another group of adventurers ahead but they're taking too long. You may or may not run into them. I don't care which party returns first but only the team who rescues all my children will receive the promised reward. Be advised that all my children must be IN GOOD CONDITION before I return you to normal size. Now, do ye have any questions for me? My wife will be home soon..."

What will the party ask of the concerned father?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#2 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • Spam Hunter


    Posts: 9501
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Tesni looked at the machine, puzzled. "You sent a group of heroes ahead of us? Can you tell us about them, so we know who we must beat?"

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted ImagePosted Image


#3 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 12287
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

Ellaria tuts.

"Oh dear, you're in quite a pickle, Mr. Szalinski. But this really is an impressive piece of machinery you've built. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it... Anyway, I do have a couple of questions. How many children were shrunken? Could you describe them all? And how can we contact you once we've found the little rascals? Should we return to the point where we began, perhaps?"

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour and Quintessa of Heartland in Heroica RPG~


#4 UsernameMDM

UsernameMDM

  • Back to the drawing board!


    Posts: 5536
    Joined: 26-September 08
    Member: 4006

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hoke eyed the machine a little suspiciously, wondering how it managed to shrink and unshrink items AND people.  He had a question for his employer.

"What are the children's names?"

#5 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

View PostPeppermint_M, on 23 October 2011 - 10:40 PM, said:

Tesni looked at the machine, puzzled. "You sent a group of heroes ahead of us? Can you tell us about them, so we know who we must beat?"

Posted Image

"All I can tell you is that they are a standard balanced party of mercenaries I hired. I know less about them than I do about your group from Heroica. You'd be better of asking a member of their own team. But I can tell ye that when ye face them, be prepared to make use of your job traits. Except for maybe you, barbarian. What does your kind do again...?" Szalinski skitters over to his device and takes some notes.

View PostSandy, on 23 October 2011 - 11:07 PM, said:

Ellaria tuts.

"Oh dear, you're in quite a pickle, Mr. Szalinski. But this really is an impressive piece of machinery you've built. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it... Anyway, I do have a couple of questions. How many children were shrunken? Could you describe them all? And how can we contact you once we've found the little rascals? Should we return to the point where we began, perhaps?"

Posted Image

"Ah, you must be that astute cleric I've heard so much about." Haldor mumbles a curse under his breath. "Once I receive more funding and the proper materials, I will need to hire on a keen mind like yours to help me perfect the Microfigunator 7268. If ye see me again after this mission, I will definitely be looking ye up."

Szalinski stares blankly for an awkwardly long period of time.

Posted Image

"Mr. Szalinski, the children?"

Posted Image

"Ohhh my yes! You must locate Nico, Oliveri, and Ameli. Nico is the middle child. He's a sensitive lad...hopefully you'll figure out a way to cheer him up. Oliveri is me youngest. He has an adventurer's spirit. Hopes to join up at the Hall one day. He won't go anywhere without his absurb red and white hat. And me eldest is Ameli. She's a bit, shall we say friendly?" Szalinski turned to the rest of the party. "Yes, return to the starting location when you're done. An alarm will alert me to unshrink you."

Szalinski, mistaking Hoke's look of suspicion as interest, gains a sudden burst of energy. "Quite impressive, ain't she. She works through a precise combination of magic, alchemy and engineering. As a result I've had to make nice with multiple Eubric factions. Can't get into the specifics as the patent is still pending. Now, is there anything else ye'd like to know?"

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#6 UsernameMDM

UsernameMDM

  • Back to the drawing board!


    Posts: 5536
    Joined: 26-September 08
    Member: 4006

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:50 AM

"So it looks like we may have to battle the other group.  I hope my diplomacy skills are of any use to avoid unnecessary conflict.  If not," Hoke taps his sheathed great sword and smiles.

#7 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Alexis had been quite up to this point listening to the others questions.  Now that she had one of her own she spoke up.

"What should we do if we run into the other party?  After you've answered that I'm ready to go!"

#8 UsernameMDM

UsernameMDM

  • Back to the drawing board!


    Posts: 5536
    Joined: 26-September 08
    Member: 4006

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

OOC - I will not have internet access today.  Pep_M can control Hoke.

#9 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • Spam Hunter


    Posts: 9501
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

"My trait, good sir, is the healing of self. I recover from my battle wounds once the fight is over. My recovery is related to my experience in battle." Tesni had decided politeness would be the best approach.

"Will the children behave well? The fear of the new sized world will make them fearful and obediant? Or will we find them naughty?"

Tesni hoped that the giantness of the world around them would make the children do as they are told, 'else Cysgodion shall have to do the trick" she thought.

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted ImagePosted Image


#10 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 24 October 2011 - 01:22 AM, said:

"What should we do if we run into the other party?!"

Posted Image

"I'll leave that up to your experienced discretion."

View PostPeppermint_M, on 24 October 2011 - 01:22 PM, said:

"My trait, good sir, is the healing of self. I recover from my battle wounds once the fight is over. My recovery is related to my experience in battle."
"I see. With one, er two accomplished clerics in your group, I'm sure that trait won't be needed... or will it? . Time's-a-wastin'! On with the show!"

Posted Image

Szalinksi offers one last tidbit of advice before turning on his machine. "There are some known side effects that take effect seconds before engaging in physical activity."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"SIDE EFFECTS?!"

Szalinski's Microfigunator 7268 whirs and beeps as it is activated. The gnomish inventor shouts after the party. "Oh ho ho, nothing too serious though. You should be fine...really!"

Posted Image

The party is hit with a bright blue beam of energy. The adventurers feel tingly as the blades of grass grow as tall as trees. Everyone doubles over with a nausea that miraculously fades quickly.

Posted ImageTesni Hightribe (played by Peppermint_M)
Level 11 Barbarian (Party Leader) ~Shrinking Sickness~
Power: 18
Health: 17/17
Gold: 110
Inventory: Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 8, Darkness), Cryfder (WP:6), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Venom

Posted ImageHaldor Skovgaard (played by Scorpiox)
Level 4 Cleric ~Shrinking Sickness~
Power: 11
Health: 12/12
Ether: 8/8
Gold: 7
Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:7), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion, Remedy, Venom and a fur-lined bedroll

Posted ImageAlexis Fenral (played by Masked Builder)
Level 11½ Ranger ~Shrinking Sickness~
Power: 19
Health: 15/15
15Gold: 22
Inventory: Mockthril Longbow (WP:8, Lightning), Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Potion, Venom, Pickax, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone, Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP:7), Magic Compass

Posted ImageEllaria Arbour (played by Sandy)
Level 6 Cleric ~Shrinking Sickness~
Power: 16
Health: 14/14
Ether: 10/10
Gold: 72
Inventory: Ignis Fatuus (WP: 10, fire-elemental), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Ice Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe

Posted ImageHoke Ablesword (played by UsernameMDM)
Level 6 Knight ~Shrinking Sickness~
Power: 14
Health: 15/15
Gold: 156
Inventory: Vintul, the Greatsword of Wind (Great sword: WP 8, wind), Kriegsmesser (Long Sword: WP 3), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 2), Cultist Hat, Emerald, Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass


The heroes look ahead to discover a divide. Shall they go, LEFT or STRAIGHT?

QM NOTE: ATTENTION HEROES! You've been stricken with Shrinking Sickness! It causes a random effect to take hold of your hero for an entire battle! Before every battle a roll will be made for each character to determine which effect from the list below you will receive. Shrinking Sickness cannot be remedied although the effects listed below can be.

Shrinking Sickness Effects


1 - Afraid - The target flees to the back row in terror and stays there until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.
2 - Encouraged - The target inflicts double damage until the battle is over.
3 - Poisoned - The target loses 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.
4 - Sealed - The target is unable to cast spells or use healing abilities until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.
5 - Cured - Cured of Shrinking Sickness!
6 - No effect


Good luck heroes!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#11 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 12287
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

After getting shrunk, Ellaria felt queazy and her eyes rolled in their sockets. It was like nothing she had ever felt before. Once she recovered from the worst feeling, she saw her surroundings. Mr. Szalinski's face loomed somewhere in the heights above them.

"Oh wow! Everything looks so BIG!"

A wide grin appeared on her face for a second, only to be replaced with a sudden feeling of nausea. As thrilled as Ellaria felt of the new adventure, she couldn't help but to vomit noisily. :sick:

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour and Quintessa of Heartland in Heroica RPG~


#12 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:07 PM

Ow my head Alexis thinks after being shrunk.  It is cool being shorter now though.

"Wow look at how tall the grass is now!  I shall use my compass to try to find the right way, but we have to take its advice sparingly.  Otherwise we might miss something."

#13 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • Spam Hunter


    Posts: 9501
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:51 PM

Tesni watched as the world around her grew larger and larger, knowing that it was she herself who was changing in size. When the process had finished she gaped in amazement at the huge blades of grass around her before suddenly being overcome with a wave of sickness.

"This is not nice!" she groaned before the feeling passed.

Standing straight ans looking to the path ahead. "Do we know which way we want to advance?" she asked of her quest mates.

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted ImagePosted Image


#14 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 24 October 2011 - 07:07 PM, said:

"Wow look at how tall the grass is now!  I shall use my compass to try to find the right way, but we have to take its advice sparingly.  Otherwise we might miss something."

Posted Image

Alexis' compass flickered briefly before pointing straight ahead.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#15 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • Spam Hunter


    Posts: 9501
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:07 PM

"It looks like your compass will lead us where we need to go yes?" Tesni admired the device, wishing she too had purchased one at the market instead of whiling away her time climbing and training.

"Shall we go straight ahead or do we check the left for loot?" Tesni winked.

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted ImagePosted Image


#16 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

"I say we go left, explore everywhere over there, then go straight."

#17 UsernameMDM

UsernameMDM

  • Back to the drawing board!


    Posts: 5536
    Joined: 26-September 08
    Member: 4006

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:16 AM

Hoke tried his best to straighten out the horizon wobbling in front of his unsteady head.  He righted himself up, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath.  He couldn't quite shake it off and mentally noted he needed to have a word with that dastardly gnome when he was his true size.  But for now, the children and the quest were more important.

"Perhaps we should secure the children first then investigate the other paths.  We don't know how long we have before the other party or something entirely unfriendly finds them."

Edited by UsernameMDM, 25 October 2011 - 04:18 AM.


#18 Sandy

Sandy

  • It's definitely not an anagram!


    Posts: 12287
    Joined: 31-May 08
    Member: 3211
    Country: Finland

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

Ellaria leans against her fiery staff feebly, but nods.

"I agree with Hoke. We're racing against another team here, we should first save the children, and then loot the place."

~Now playing as Ellaria Arbour and Quintessa of Heartland in Heroica RPG~


#19 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • Spam Hunter


    Posts: 9501
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

"A wise idea, sorry Alexis, we can loot later!" Tesni grinned, getting a grip on the queasy feelings was taking a lot of fight, a battle would certainly be trouble in this condition. Knowing she was leader and had to stay with it, Tesni stamped down the tumbling feeling. "We shall follow the compass and go Straight!"

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted ImagePosted Image


#20 Scorpiox

Scorpiox

  • All Systems Go!


    Posts: 3831
    Joined: 04-March 11
    Member: 16378
    Country: Great Britain

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

"Arrrgggghhh! I dislike this badly, I agree that we should hurry to save the children first, there will be time for looting later. Have the other party been shrunk as well? Lest we run into them or get trampled by dogs!"  :look:

Haldor Skovgaard in Sandy's Heroica RPG.
[STATS] and [PROFILE]


#21 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:17 PM

"Yes Haldor the other party was shrunk too.  It's fine Tensi, either way works for me."  She smiled

#22 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Trusting the elf's magic compass wasn't also affected by the Microfigunator 7268, the party ventured straight ahead. The firm dirt gave way to a sandy gravel as the treeline, er, grassline receded. Again, the party is faced with choice, LEFT or RIGHT?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#23 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

  • Hoping to get it up tonight


    Posts: 8348
    Joined: 16-April 10
    Member: 10293
    Country: New York, USA

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

"I shall try to use my compass again."

#24 Jebediahs

Jebediahs

  • Eurobricks' house-Orc


    Posts: 2002
    Joined: 02-September 09
    Member: 7268
    Country: USA

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

The magic compass pulls slightly at Alexis as it points to the LEFT path.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Now playing as En Sabah Nur in Sandy's Heroica RPG.


#25 Peppermint_M

Peppermint_M

  • Spam Hunter


    Posts: 9501
    Joined: 21-December 08
    Member: 4757
    Country: Wales.

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

"Left is it? I do wnoder if the magics might be a problem, but I am sure that our employer would have warned about this. He did also say about the items he shrunk, I do hope he would not send dangerously altered items to his children..."

If Anime has taught me anything, we're gonna need a gunsword

-

Its the music that saves you when you're not so sure you'll survive


New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide


Posted ImagePosted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users