Heroica RPG - Quest #11: A Matter of Principle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
448 replies to this topic

#26 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Member: 14025

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

Tarn was happy to let the Rogue, Gibbin do the talking.  He already trusted him more than the rookies on this quest.  They seemed almost too eager.  Their need to impress was palpable.  A sudden thought struck him - was he like that around Tesni?

Posted Image
Tarn Valco, level 25 Raider in the Heroica RPG, searching for a lost book of fairytales in Quest#92: The Prophetess and the Warrior

here all entwined in dreams once long I slept

#27 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Member: 5025

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

"Julian...hmmm, not ringin' any bells. What's he look like? The alchemists are always sendin' lads down here to pick up somethin' or another. As to my other wares, a sharklin's got to make a decent livin'. Ya think I'd spend my time down here sellin' second-rate sushi if it were goin' to make me rich. No, I've got connections, ya need somethin' brought into Eubric, ya come to me. Ya need somethin' shipped off of Eubric, ya come to me. Ya need a chap taken care of, ya come to me. These Hippocamp tears yer after, ya know those are pretty strong stuff, strongest hallucinogen on the sea they say. The port authorities banned the import of 'em 8 months ago, those things will knock ya out for a week, trust me I've sampled the trial size. Now let me see, where was it... Ah here it is." The sharkling produces a piece of parchment smudged with whale oil and grease:

Services and Wares Available:

Upgrade to Poison Blade: Gurnam will permanently instill a poison effect onto an individual’s weapon. Costs 75 Gold and 1 venom

Venom: Use on a weapon to make it cause a poisoned-effect on an enemy it hits for the duration of one battle. A poisoned enemy loses 1 health each turn. Costs 5 Gold

Short Loan: Gurnam will loan an amount of money at 25% interest, up to 100 gold for the entirety of the quest. The individuals must repay him by the end of the quest or be forced to sacrifice their inventory to make up the difference, though if the party fails, they will only have to give up any items they bought during the quest.

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as Ex-highwayogre:

Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 31 Ogre, Hunter

#28 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Tarn stepped forward, after dismissing the services offered by the sharklin.  He felt that the use of poison was a cowardly act.

He spoke softly to Gurnam, close to where he approximated the aquatic being's ears would be.  If he actually had ears.

"If Julian did not buy the 3 vials of Hippocamp Tears, would you be able to sell them to us?"

Posted Image
Tarn Valco, level 25 Raider in the Heroica RPG, searching for a lost book of fairytales in Quest#92: The Prophetess and the Warrior

#29 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

• Thinks dead fish can drool

Member: 20078

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:34 PM

William tries to negotiate to Gurnam, "If you give us the hippocamp tears, we won't report you in or let you be keel-hauled."

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

Playing as William Harkenshire in Sandy's Heroica RPG Stats

#30 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Member: 7199

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

View Postvolcanicpanik, on 20 October 2011 - 11:34 PM, said:

William tries to negotiate to Gurnam, "If you give us the hippocamp tears, we won't report you in or let you be keel-hauled."

Atramor nudged the Ranger in the ribs.

"Not necessary." He turned to Gurnam. "We'll take 3 vials of the stuff, on the Guild's tab. The kid's short, brown hair, blue tunic. Seen anybody like that lately?"
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Atramor Gibbin, Level 31 Regulator in Sandy's Heroica RPG
CallMePie, Imperial Snowtrooper in the Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka

#31 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

View PostCallMePieOrDie, on 21 October 2011 - 01:13 AM, said:

Atramor nudged the Ranger in the ribs.

"Not necessary." He turned to Gurnam. "We'll take 3 vials of the stuff, on the Guild's tab. The kid's short, brown hair, blue tunic. Seen anybody like that lately?"

"Ow"

Edited by volcanicpanik, 21 October 2011 - 01:46 AM.

"Your mind is a curious combination of insanity and genius. I simply removed the genius."

#32 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

"I'd best hold yer tongue ranger, or you may wake up one mornin' without it," Gurnam gnashes his teeth hungrily while running his fingers down his filleting knife. "If it weren't fer me, yer precious employer wouldn't have any of my products to begin with."

The sharkling turns to the rogue Atramor, "Now that ya mention the description, I do remember the lad, 'bout a week back, it was early in the mornin' when my catch had just been brought in. He was hoppin' from one foot to the other, all anxious like. I gave him his 3 bottles of Hippocamp tears, the last of my stock, and he took off headin' north. Now is there anythin' else I can get ya gentlemen, poisoned blade or a short loan perhaps?"

Posted Image

#33 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

Nothing for me, thanks for the offer though.
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#34 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

Tarn shook his head at the offer. He politely said thanks to the sharkling and told him that he had been very helpful.  At least they knew Julian had made it this far.

He whispered to Gibbin. "Seeing as we are at the southern-most point on our map, North doesn't give us much to go on, but if we also see which shop was next on the list that should help."

Posted Image

#35 Fred Daniel Yam

Fred Daniel Yam

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:46 AM

Judging from the map, Julian most likely went to the apothecary.

#36 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

The Glass blowers is next on the list, but the apothecary is on the way. So we might as well go there.
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher in the Guilds of Historica

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#37 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

"I'm happy to go to the apothecary, even though it's the 4th on the list.  We've no idea whether Julian did the list in order or not, and as it's closer, it may have been Julian's idea to go there next too."

Posted Image

#38 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

"The apothecary it is."

Atramor glanced at the wares Gurnam was selling.

"Hmm...so, borrowing 76 gold means I must repay 19 by the end of our Quest, correct? If it is, I don't see why I can't hold onto a bit more gold."

#39 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

"Aye that would be 19 Gold in interest, but ya never know when some extra change may come in handy and I can wait to collect till after yer paid by yer employer." :wink:

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 21 October 2011 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

#40 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

"Hmm...fair enough," decided Atramor, scooping up a medium-sized pouch of coins from behind the counter.

He then begins leading the party to the apothecary.

#41 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 21 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

With their business completed, the party bid farewell to Gurnam, who only gnashed his teeth in reply, and headed for the Eubric Apothecary.

Posted Image
Atramor Gibbin *Party Leader*
(Played by CallMePieORDie)
Level 7 Rogue
Power: 13
Health: 13/13
Gold: 100 -owes Gurnam the Loan Shark 95
Inventory: Whip Chain of Pickpocketing (WP:6), Bone x2, Potion, Magic Compass, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Shovel

[img]http://i.tinysrc.mobi/150/150/http://bensmall.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/egar.jpg[/img]
Elgar Gligin
(Played by Jedi master Brick)
Level 1 Ranger
Power: 4
Health: 6/6
Gold: 5
Inventory: Bow and Arrow *Poisoned* (WP:3), Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Potion

Posted Image
Sir Glorfindel
(Played by soccerkid6)
Level 1 Knight
Health: 10/10
Gold: 0
Inventory: Broadsword (WP:3), Lion Shield (SP:2), Potion x2, Bedroll

Posted Image
Tarn Valco
(Played by Rumble Strike)
Level 6 Barbarian
Power: 15
Health: 13/13
Gold: 52
Inventory: Kyrferath, a Battle Ax (WP:9, water elemental), Pole-axe (WP:3), Bottle of Mead, Lightning Bomb, Potion x2, Tonic, Venom

Posted Image
William Harkenshire
(Played by volcanicpanik)
Level 1 Ranger
Health: 6/6
Gold: 5
Inventory: Bow (WP:3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 22 October 2011 - 08:24 PM.

Posted Image

#42 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

...The party continues walking?  :shrug_confused:

#43 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Beautiful day for a walk  :classic: , which is a good thing I guess because it looks like we have a lot of that to do.

#44 Rumble Strike

Rumble Strike

• Yub yub!

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

The bustling streets of Eubric were quite foreign to Tarn, having grown up in a remote monastary in a small mountain village.  He looked more ill-at-ease here than he did in the dark caves of the Porthiar burial chambers.

Posted Image

#45 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

The party continued on their way to the apothecary, almost to their destination, they failed to notice a dark turbaned figure who watched them from an alleyway as they passed and then who returned to the shadows.

Posted Image

#46 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

The party of heroes finally reach their destinaton and walk into the Eubric Freeport Apothecary. A gentleman waits behind the counter to take orders and a list is seen off to the side advertising the shop's wares.

Posted Image

ITEMS FOR SALE (Note: Usable only once!):
Posted ImagePhoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle. Costs 50 gold.
Posted ImageMead - Imparts the Encouraged effect, doubling the target's attack power for the duration of one battle. Costs 10 gold.
Posted ImageSmelling Salts - Imparts the Hastened effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle. Costs 20 gold.
Posted ImageNostrum - Imparts the Lucky effect, allowing the target to roll the battle die twice and get the better result of the two for the duration of one battle. Costs 20 gold.
Posted ImageEssence of Obsidian - Quest Item. Costs 350 gold.

Posted Image

#47 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Walking up to the gentleman I lean over and quietly say
Hello, we are Heroes of Heroica and were sent by the Guild, they sent an errand boy here to pick up 1 Essence of Obsidian. Have you seen him? He was wearing a blue tunic and has brown hair.

Edited by soccerkid6, 22 October 2011 - 09:01 PM.

#48 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

The middle-aged man takes a good look at the large party whom have entered his rather smallish shop.

Posted Image

"Guild, which guild? I supply to over 5 dozen guilds and societies in this city. Just this morning I sold three cases of powdered nigthshade to the National Rogues Association, yesterday I was up to my knees in members of the Eubricean Dwarven Cultural Enthusiasts Club arguing over inflation in the Mead market, and tomorrow I've got a shipment of Mopagian crushed Muddleroot to the local Orc Lovers Anonymous chapter! So any more specifics you could give would be appreciated."

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 22 October 2011 - 09:54 PM.

Posted Image

#49 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

Excuse me for being so general. We were sent by Dr. Mynatt from the Guild of Invision.

Edited by soccerkid6, 22 October 2011 - 11:24 PM.

#50 CallMePie

CallMePie

• Magic 8 Ball

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:03 AM

"Kid. In. Blue. Tunic. With. Brown. Hair. Came. To. Buy. Essence. Of. Obsidian. For. The. Guild. Of. Invision," stated Atramor, being as clear and obvious as possible. "You seen him?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users