Rufus's 375 Yellow Castle Restoration Project

56 replies to this topic

#51 Daiman

Daiman

Member: 11166

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

I was of similar age when I received this for xmas.
I still have most of the figs in a very reasonable condition
and the castle bricks are mixed in with my partners school lego.
Hmmm...maybe I'll dig them out.

Great job.

#52 smellsgood

smellsgood

Member: 9139

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

This is a really cool project, I enjoyed reading back and following the progress (since I missed it the first time).

#53 Ferrik

Ferrik

Member: 16252

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

I just saw this thread because it was bumped and I must say the restoration of 375 castle must have taken a lot of time and effort. And the stickers just look so much better. :wink:
Mafia History

Played as
Posted Image
Betty in The Pearl Mafia.

My Academy-approved reviews: 9469 Gandalf Arrives, 8236 Bike Burner, 30027 Reindeer, 8737 Toa Hordika (Bionicle),8514 Power

#54 Hyler Talliwell

Hyler Talliwell

• Master Sculpturer

Member: 25152

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:39 AM

I believe that this set is at my Grandma's house, along with a slightly squished box and some torn instructions. Maybe next time I'm there I should rescue it and so this same process. If that is the case, I may be interested in some of your decals. Thanks for the inspiration!

#55 Lacara

Lacara

Member: 8061

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

Nice thread, I went through the same process a few years back.

I picked up most of the bricks in a large lot of lego so i had all the hard to find bricks, and i purchased brand new bricks where i could. the castle turned out really nice. I also had a problem with the original stickers so i scanned in the old ones and redrew them in Illustrator.

Once i had finshed the 375 set, I started on making the castles from the 6000 ideas book. below are the photos i have of the smaller castle

Posted Image
Posted Image

About a year after that set i finished the big castle, i have not taken any photos of it yet, if i get around to it i will post them up here.

I had always wanted the 375 set and i must have studied the 6000 book for years as a young child. It is really rewarding to have something that you wanted so much as a kid.

#56 Duce

Duce

Member: 29969

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Really interesting little project, looking forward to following it. Still got my yellow castle in box waitnig to be rebuilt, but i'm almost of the mind to order newer bricks and build it in a grey version (Maybe spice it up a little by introducing the black smith and stables built in to it).

#57 TheBrickster

TheBrickster

• Loved Ghost Ranger

Member: 174

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

Oh yes, the great and grand Yellow Castle.  Your set looks amazing Rufus and with the box, how cool is that?
I actually played clean-up with this set a number of years ago myself (at least 6 or 7 in fact, maybe even longer).
The result was this:

Posted Image

Made new stickers for the original figs - think I got the decal prints from Classic Castle:

Posted Image

Even made a classic-style display to show off the figures:

Posted Image

It's great to see your Yellow Castle - long live Classic Castles!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users