Heroica RPG - Quest#9: Trespassers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
402 replies to this topic

#26 The Legonater

The Legonater

• Can NOT Ctrl + Alt + Delete the Past

Member: 8515

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Well if we're intending to keeping him alive, I suggest Namyrra use her sleeping whatchya-ma-callit against this guy.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Heir - - - - - - - -  Exile - - - - - - - Hunter - - - - - - Assassin - - - - - - Hero

to a Prefect  - - of Duplovia - - of the Dark Lady - - of the Light - -  of Heroica

Dyric Rone

Level 32 1/4 Assassin

#27 K-Nut

K-Nut

Member: 19691

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Althior casts a darkness spell from the back row.
My Collection

Posted Image----------Posted Image

Althior Emorith, Level 54 Prophet: Stats

Kheyli, Level 8 Barbarian: Stats

#28 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Member: 5025

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

"No need fer the sleep effect. I'm just hopin' the powers above know we're shootin' to lame not kill :wink: "

Currently questing in Sandy's Heroica RPG as:

Posted Image                                  Posted Image

Skrall, Lv. 43 Ogre, Hunter       Boris Bruhalv, Lv. 8 Vampire, Cleric

#29 Sirius Black

Sirius Black

Member: 12413

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

Bob is curious as to why Skrall feels bandit has information, but Bob will be happy to keep bandit alive. Bob will attack the bandit from the back row with Bob's snake staff.

(OOC, I'm using a different (and significantly older) computer than the one I typically use, mine is temporarily unusable, and for some strange reason, I am unable to post in bold and italics, or use emoticons. Not sure why, but if y'all can bear with me on that for a few days until I can change back, I'd appreciate it. Sorry Masked for any inconveniences that this causes.)

Get out, you stupid Werewolf!

Playing as Bob the Mage Elf in Sandy's Heroica RPG. Playing as Man-Bat in Gotham City Mafia
Posted Image               Posted Image
Level 6 Former-House-Elf-Now-Free-Mage-Elf, male, unknown age
Power: 12 Health: 11/11 Ether: 10/11 Gold 3
Inventory: Nimbus Broomstick (WP: 6) Snake Staff (WP: 3), Topaz/lightning, Ruby/fire, Opal/ice Elemental gems, Shovel, bedroll, tonic, potion, smelling salts, nostrum, scroll of sealing, holy bomb, fire bomb.

#30 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 15 October 2011 - 09:21 PM, said:

"No need fer the sleep effect. I'm just hopin' the powers above know we're shootin' to lame not kill :wink: "

"Do you here that above powers? Don't kill him!" Finnegan screamed.

"What'ya know? My mage senses have a diplomacy skill!" Althior teased. :laugh:
My Collection

#31 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:44 AM

"Althior, get that butler of yours to the back row, we don't need a dead body trippin' up the rest of us. Has anyone else noticed how much this thug resembles our precious grounds keeper? Maybe this whole thing's been an inside job."

#32 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Member: 20641

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

OOC: Didn't Grogan come with us? Or is he waiting outside?

Playing as Arasmyth RuGard (Elven Evoker) in Sandy's Heroica RPG
Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes

#33 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:05 AM

Results of Round One of the skirmish at the campsite:
Althior vs. Bandit - Miss
Namyrra vs. Bandit - Critical Hit
Skrall vs. Bandit - Special Damage
Dyric vs. Bandit - Critical Hit
Arasmyth vs. Bandit - Hit
Bob  vs. Bandit - Damage

Althior casts darkness but somehow manages to miss.  Namyrra casts as well darkness and lands a Critical hit causing 16 damage!  Skrall launches an arrow at the Bandit but he misses and the bandit strikes out and causes him 2 damage.  Dyric swings his blade and hits the bandit with a Critical hit causing 7 damage.  Arasmyth whacks him with his staff causing 2 damage.  Bob lunges at the Bandit but misses, the bandit sees his chance and hits Bob for 3 damage as he is standing in the back row.

Enemies:

Bandit
Type: Humanoid
Level: 6
Health: 5/30
Special: Profuse Bleeding – Causes target to bleed, losing 2 health per turn, until the battle is over, or it is remedied.
Drops:  20 Gold

Party:

Posted ImageSkrall (played by Waterbrick Down)
Level 4 Ranger (Party Leader)
Power: 10 (+4 against beasts)
Health: 7/9 *Bleeding*
Gold: 0
Inventory: Hunters Crossbow *Poisoned* (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom
Posted ImageAlthior Emorith (played by K-nut)
Level 11 Mage
Power: 16
Health: 14/14
Ether: 14/14
Gold: 245
Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic
Posted ImageArasmyth RuGard (played by Kadabra)
Level 1 Mage
Power: 4
Health: 5/5
Ether: 5/5
Inventory: Crystalline Staff (WP: 3), Sapphire (Wind), Potion (2), Smoke Bomb
Posted ImageBob (played by Sirius Black)
Level 1 Mage
Health: 2/5 *Bleeding*
Ether: 5/5
Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), Ruby/fire, Elemental gem, Shovel
Posted ImageDyric Rone (The Legonater)
Level 1 Rogue
Health: 7/7
Gold: 10
Inventory: Longsword (WP: 3), Potion, vial of Venom
Posted ImageNamyrra Uq (played by Quarryman)
Level 6 Mage
Power: 11
Health: 10/10
Ether: 10/10
Gold: 20
Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Note: Since there is only one enemy remaining, the remainder of the battle will be played automatically.

Results of Round Two of the skirmish at the campsite:
Althior vs. Bandit - Critical Hit
Namyrra vs. Bandit - Critical Hit
Skrall vs. Bandit - Damage
Dyric vs. Bandit - Hit
Arasmyth vs. Bandit - Damage
Bob  vs. Bandit - Damage

Althior starts off the round by casting darkness and landing a Critical hit and knocking out the Bandit.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All heroes gain one Level of experience, so update your signatures accordingly. The enemy drops 20 gold.

Party:

Level 5 Ranger (Party Leader)
Power: 11 (+4 against beasts)
Health: 7/9
Inventory: Hunters Crossbow *Poisoned* (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom
Level 11 1/2 Mage
Ether: 13/15
Gold: 245
Inventory: Dragoro (WP:3), Diamond imbued Dagger (Light elemental WP:5), Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Lightning Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Grand Tonic
Level 2 Mage
Power: 5
Ether: 6/6
Level 2 Mage
Health: 3/5
Level 2 Rogue
Gold: 10
Level 7 Mage
Power: 12
Ether: 10/11
Gold: 20
Inventory: Lullaby wand (WP: 5, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Opal (Ice), Emerald (Wood), Potion, Tonic, Venom, Bedroll

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

Posted Image 20 Gold

All of you, state any actions you wish to perform at this spot before the party moves on.

View PostSirius Black, on 16 October 2011 - 12:23 AM, said:

(OOC, I'm using a different (and significantly older) computer than the one I typically use, mine is temporarily unusable, and for some strange reason, I am unable to post in bold and italics, or use emoticons. Not sure why, but if y'all can bear with me on that for a few days until I can change back, I'd appreciate it. Sorry Masked for any inconveniences that this causes.)
QM Note: That's a-okay.  I need to be reading your posts anyways.

QM Note: To tell you guys he can't/couldn't kill you in one blow. :wink:

QM Note: This is my first battle so please check and make sure I got it right!

View PostKadabra, on 16 October 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

OOC: Didn't Grogan come with us? Or is he waiting outside?
QM Note:  Nope he's waiting outside the forest.

#34 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

View PostMasked Builder, on 16 October 2011 - 02:05 AM, said:

*snip*
All of you, state any actions you wish to perform at this spot before the party moves on.

QM Note: That's a-okay.  I need to be reading your posts anyways.

QM Note: To tell you guys he can't/couldn't kill you in one blow. :wink:

QM Note: This is my first battle so please check and make sure I got it right!

QM Note:  Nope he's waiting outside the forest.
OOC: When we level up, Power, Health, and Ether increase by 1 point each, so my Power should be 5, my Health and Ether 6. Plus, I didn't use magic, so my Ether should be 6/6 right now.  :wink:

Died in the conclusion as Red Riding Hood (Good Guy Cop) in Sandy's A Bedtime Story Mafia
Died in the conclusion as Foul Moudama (Good Guy Vanilla) in Masked Builder and K-Nut's Jedi Temple Mafia
Penesed in the conclusion as Gertrude Tincanchew, Caretaker (Order of the Penis Vanilla) in Hinckley's Harriet Slutter and the Philosopher's Balls Mafia
Vig-killed Night 3 as The Godfather (Scum Jack of All Trades) in Zepher's Mafia Mafia
Won as Kane DeBois, snake oil salesman (Coyote Bodyguard) in Tamamono's Silver City Mafia
Won/subbed out as Janice Capulet, Tough Girl (Council Detective) in TrumpetKing and Hinckley's Collectible Minifigures Mafia

Killed Night 5 as Kharybdis (Loyal Heroican Wereoctopus Beast Warrior, ) in Sandy's Heroica Role Playing Game Second Anniversary Game: Cruel Angel's Thesis: Downfall of Heroes

#35 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

View PostKadabra, on 16 October 2011 - 02:14 AM, said:

OOC: When we level up, Power, Health, and Ether increase by 1 point each, so my Power should be 5, my Health and Ether 6. Plus, I didn't use magic, so my Ether should be 6/6 right now.  :wink:

QM Note: Should be fixed now.

#36 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:20 AM

"Well, he put up a good fight but I don't think he'll be givin' us much trouble anymore." Opening up the bandit's purse Skrall gave 5 gold to Namyrra and 3 gold to everyone else.

"Now let's see if we can wake this chap up and get some information out of him." Taking a flask of water out of his satchel, Skrall doused the bandit while pinning his chest to the ground with his other hand.

OOC: Since Namyrra had a critical hit on the first roll, her darkness spell would have knocked the bandit out in one round, therefor sparing the rest of us from losing any more health or ether. Also just to note sometimes mages will choose to attack with melee instead of using a spell if their opponent is weak enough, so you may not want to go on auto-pilot with spell casting unless the mage indicates so.

#37 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:22 AM

OOC: All the characters still need their HP to increase by one, and I think Bob did a normal attack as well, so he should have full Ether also, but the rest is fixed.  :classic:

IC: "Thank you very much for the gold, Skrall." Arasmyth says as he tucks it into his coin pouch.

Edited by Kadabra, 16 October 2011 - 02:24 AM.

#38 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:31 AM

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 16 October 2011 - 02:20 AM, said:

"Now let's see if we can wake this chap up and get some information out of him." Taking a flask of water out of his satchel, Skrall doused the bandit while pinning his chest to the ground with his other hand.
Instead of reviving him, Skralls actions make a small piece of parchment fall out of his clothes.  It reads:

"We want the five of you to infiltrate the forest and try to find..."  The rest is missing.

Party:

Health: 7/9
Gold: 3
Level 11 1/2 Mage
Ether: 13/15
Gold: 248
Level 2 Mage
Level 2 Mage
Health: 3/5
Level 2 Rogue
Gold: 13
Level 7 Mage
Gold: 25

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 16 October 2011 - 02:20 AM, said:

OOC: Since Namyrra had a critical hit on the first roll, her darkness spell would have knocked the bandit out in one round, therefor sparing the rest of us from losing any more health or ether. Also just to note sometimes mages will choose to attack with melee instead of using a spell if their opponent is weak enough, so you may not want to go on auto-pilot with spell casting unless the mage indicates so.
QM Note: Doh! :wall: Would you like me to fix that?

View PostKadabra, on 16 October 2011 - 02:22 AM, said:

OOC: All the characters still need their HP to increase by one, and I think Bob did a normal attack as well, so he should have full Ether also, but the rest is fixed.  :classic:
QM Note: I got their Health and Power already. :wink:

#39 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:32 AM

OOC: I thought mages started with 5 HP and rogues with 7? Or am I just horribly confused?  :laugh:

#40 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

View PostMasked Builder, on 16 October 2011 - 02:31 AM, said:

QM Note: Doh! :wall: Would you like me to fix that?

OOC: I don't mind if you don't adjust the battle text, but since Namyrra's Darkness spell was a critical hit and it's also effective against Humanoid monsters, her first attack would have ended the battle. So if you just adjust everyone to full health and full ether and raise the original values +1 for the battle experience, aside from Namyrra who would have expended one ether, we'll be set.

Edited by Waterbrick Down, 16 October 2011 - 02:36 AM.

#41 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

"Well before we go, I'd like to dig a little, just in case."
My Collection

#42 Kadabra

Kadabra

• Honcks at Hinck

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:54 AM

View PostK-nut, on 16 October 2011 - 03:23 AM, said:

OOC:  :laugh: Too bad there aren't any undead around to smack you.  :tongue:

IC: Arasmyth goes over to the unconscious, drenched bandit and searches him for anything useful he might have on him. He then slaps him repeatedly in an attempt to wake him up.

#43 Quarryman

Quarryman

• It's crap (again)

Member: 1620

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

"Ah, wasn't that a nice and easy way to start the day?" :grin:

#44 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Party:

Health: 9/9
Level 11 1/2 Mage
Ether: 15/15
Level 2 Mage
Level 2 Mage
Level 2 Rogue
Level 7 Mage

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 16 October 2011 - 02:35 AM, said:

OOC: I don't mind if you don't adjust the battle text, but since Namyrra's Darkness spell was a critical hit and it's also effective against Humanoid monsters, her first attack would have ended the battle. So if you just adjust everyone to full health and full ether and raise the original values +1 for the battle experience, aside from Namyrra who would have expended one ether, we'll be set.
QM Note:  Okay I think I got it now.

View PostK-nut, on 16 October 2011 - 03:23 AM, said:

Althior starts digging but as he's digging, he causes a tree to fall on his head.  Althior doesn't find anything.

View PostKadabra, on 16 October 2011 - 03:54 AM, said:

Arasmyth goes over to the unconscious, drenched bandit and searches him for anything useful he might have on him. He then slaps him repeatedly in an attempt to wake him up.
Arasmyth searches the bandit but doesn't find anything.

#45 Quarryman

Quarryman

• It's crap (again)

Member: 1620

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

"So, time to move on then, follow the tracks further? It seems like something sinister is at play here, some simple    poachers wouldn't carry around parchments with orders I think"

#46 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

"I agree, we seemed to have knocked this fellow out pretty hard, I don't think we're goin' to get anything out of him soon. Let's get after those tracks."

OOC: All the stats are almost right, except everyone's health should be one point higher, i.e. mine should be 10/10 and my weapon is no longer poisoned.

#47 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 16 October 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Althior starts digging but as he's digging, he causes a tree to fall on his head.  Althior doesn't find anything.

:laugh_hard:

"I'll use my compass to see if it still points into the woods with the footsteps."
My Collection

#48 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

Party:

Inventory: Hunters Crossbow (WP: 6 + 4 against beasts), Potion (3), Remedy, Tonic, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Venom
Level 11 1/2 Mage
Health: 15/15
Ether: 15/15
Level 2 Mage
Health: 6/6
Level 2 Mage
Health: 6/6
Level 2 Rogue
Health: 8/8
Level 7 Mage
Health: 11/11

View PostWaterbrick Down, on 16 October 2011 - 01:53 PM, said:

"I agree, we seemed to have knocked this fellow out pretty hard, I don't think we're goin' to get anything out of him soon. Let's get after those tracks."
The party continues to follow the tracks and comes to a point where they split.  The party may go left or right.

View PostK-nut, on 16 October 2011 - 01:54 PM, said:

"I'll use my compass to see if it still points into the woods with the footsteps."
The compass still points in the direction of the tracks.

#49 K-Nut

K-Nut

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

OOC: I think that my Ether is 14 since I cast a spell.  :wink:
My Collection

#50 Waterbrick Down

Waterbrick Down

• Typer-of-faces

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

"Althior does that compass of yours have us go right or left?"

OOC: Since your spell missed k-nut you didn't lose ether.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users