LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 7 Discussion

748 replies to this topic

#476 LEGOman273

LEGOman273

Member: 22977

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostMasked Builder, on 27 March 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

I have to disagree with you on the Galaxy Patrol guys, he's probably my favorite one. :sweet:

View PostJackJonespaw, on 27 March 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Hm...I would pick up as many Aztecs as I could. Aztec army building!
I agree with both of you. :moar:

#477 SilentMode

SilentMode

• A bronzie that does not endorse whipping

Member: 10650

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yeah SilentMode, how dare you disagree with the mob. Burn him!  :hmpf:
the infamous SilentMode
crowdfunding yet again for Project Swapfig - ends November 16 2013.
SilentMode.tv | Project Swapfig | @SilentMode1 | Brick Owl store | Flickr
"Almost everything you do will seem insignificant, but it is important that you do it." - Mahatma Gandhi

#478 GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1

Member: 23290

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Quick question: has anyone in the midwest region of the US found series 7? I'd be ecstatic to get an answer.
Confide in me
I'm your heart after all
Trust me to be true
I am a logic seeking group of electrons

#479 Itaria No Shintaku

Itaria No Shintaku

Member: 12664

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

View PostACWWgal2011, on 27 March 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

Your welcome. It seems like the figures show up a couple weeks or so after the UK so it's a waiting game. Though now is the question of how much longer the series will last. Seems like they are dropping in popularity lately. Series 5 arrived at a walmart near by(first and ONLY series at store)and they barely sold at full retail. Last time i checked on the packs, there was still 2 boxes left out of 5 that were put in the clearence area at $1 a piece. Whereabouts of the other 11 BOXES that were in the lego aisle are unknown. Went to the lego store 2 times in about 2 weeks(2 mini vacations) and the series 6 figures didn't move at all.

Personally i'm really tired of the line. currently i'm planning on going for 2 figures(bunny suit guy and tennis player) but those are to go with the animal suit guys and tennis gal. I was orginally going to go for maybe a couple females but I decided to take a Plan B route. I decided that i'd rather put the money towards getting some parts to complete the figure parts i got from the Build a minifigure bin at the lego store instead.

I must say that I am lucky that other people do not think the same as you. Wherever I go, apart from series 4 which wasn't very lucky, minifigs vanish in a small time. This is why I have to do the route of a lot of shops when they hit the shelf, I must feel the bags and secure the wanted ones (I got 35 romans, just to say one) before they go off... and so as soon as S7 reaches my country (we have NO lego stores here) I must wipe off all the knights before someone takes them.

I really believe that if @lego aren't masochists, these series would last long.
...I've been there...
"I'm about to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminate justice!"

my BRICKLINK: http://www.bricklink...re.asp?p=LoShin
my BRICKSET: http://brickset.com/...nedBy=kuroishin

#480 Joebot

Joebot

• Mayor of Fluxington

Member: 1014

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

View PostGeluNumber1, on 27 March 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Quick question: has anyone in the midwest region of the US found series 7? I'd be ecstatic to get an answer.

I popped into the Lego Store in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago suburb) yesterday, and asked the clerk when he was epxecting series 7. He said "That's not due out until this summer." I'm pretty sure that's not right, given that the figs are already showing up in the UK. There's no way TLC waits until summer to release them in the U.S.

Apparently even Lego employees don't really know what's going on with this series.

#481 Itaria No Shintaku

Itaria No Shintaku

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostJoebot, on 28 March 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

I popped into the Lego Store in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago suburb) yesterday, and asked the clerk when he was epxecting series 7. He said "That's not due out until this summer." I'm pretty sure that's not right, given that the figs are already showing up in the UK. There's no way TLC waits until summer to release them in the U.S.

Apparently even Lego employees don't really know what's going on with this series.

Here in Italy usually come out a month after UK.
They said
"March"
"April"
"May"
"June"
in different shops.

So this may help you understand they usually don't know anything about it.
...I've been there...

#482 Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes

Member: 6261

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

View PostGeluNumber1, on 27 March 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

I'm heading to the Mall of America this weekend, as I'll be in the cities, so I'll check and see if anyone there knows.

#483 Dervish

Dervish

Member: 19782

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Sheeesh, just noticed some "dilbert" is selling these CMF's on ebay for £6 each!

#484 CM4Sci

CM4Sci

Member: 23274

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Site updated with Series 7!

-Sci

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image

#485 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

Is it just me, or do they have terrible timing with the seasonal figs? Series 7 has a "bunny suit guy" that would be great for Easter. But Easter is on April 7th this year, and series 7 won't even be in most places until after that date, let alone hitting a nice saturation where they are available on shelves in decent quantities.

I feel like the same thing happened with the Leprechaun fig in series 6. Just barely missed St. Patty's day.

I think those seasonal figs should really have moved back a series earlier so they would be available in time. Hey, doesn't matter to me because I get them all anyway. But it would be nice for TLGs sales figures and casual customers to get a fig out before the target holiday, not just barely after.

#486 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Member: 26763

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

I heard a radio advertisement for a local store called Jansen's Paint & Decorating Hobbyland, and this store sells Lego. THEY'RE not getting Series 7 til June! I'm sure they'll be at local Wal-Marts before then, and they'd BETTER be, because I'm not waiting that long if other countries have them already.

Posted Image

#487 Haltiamieli

Haltiamieli

Member: 14151

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostZeya, on 30 March 2012 - 12:29 AM, said:

I feel like the same thing happened with the Leprechaun fig in series 6. Just barely missed St. Patty's day.
But Series 6 came out in January, well ahead of St. Patrick's Day? I agree about the Bunny Suit Guy, though.
Halti son of Halti, a warrior of the Clan of the Great Elk and a loyal member of the Mitgardia Guild.
Supporting in Cuusoo: trebuchet, big trees, medieval theatre wagon, blacksmith's house...

#488 Zeya

Zeya

• Thinks He's a Stud

Member: 13511

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

View PostHaltiamieli, on 30 March 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

But Series 6 came out in January, well ahead of St. Patrick's Day? I agree about the Bunny Suit Guy, though.

You're right, he was there for St. Patty's day. I guess it just feels like I got them all a couple weeks ago, but maybe it's been a couple months at this point.  :laugh:

I think the graduate was another one that was just a little late as well (for late spring graduations), if I'm remembering correctly.

#489 GRogall

GRogall

• Firmly in place and absolutely straight

Member: 2674

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

I have added more HR official images to my BS gallery.

all pics link to +2500.pxl size

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy!  :classic: :classic: :classic:

Posted Image

#490 RichardRobins

RichardRobins

Member: 20292

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

picked up 7 minifigures today in tesco extra risca (south wales)

Really easy to feel what they are this time, got 7 unique figs

Bride
Hippy
Viking gal
space warrior
lady swimmer
scotsman
jungle boy

£1.97 a fig

they had 6 or 7 boxes only one was opened
Proud to be a Follower of Jesus Christ
Classic Space and Blacktron Alpha Centuri Outpost up for grabs - My Buy/Sell/Trade topic

#491 jonwil

jonwil

Member: 1239

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hopefully these reach the land down under soon, I need me some computer programmers and some bagpipers :)

#492 Wardancer

Wardancer

Member: 18260

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Thanks for the new pictures, every new angle makes them look even better.

Is the valkyrie reddish brown or brown? I would say normal brown, but then the shield looks darker than that. Could someone verify that? I am looking for some fitting legs.

I hope to hear of sightings in Germany soon.

Edited by Wardancer, 30 March 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#493 Itaria No Shintaku

Itaria No Shintaku

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

View PostWardancer, on 30 March 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Is the valkyrie reddish brown or brown? I would say normal brown, but then the shield looks darker than that. Could someone verify that? I am looking for some fitting legs.

With all due respect, excluding one single item, TLC is not releasing brown parts since 10 years.
The shield would be DARK BROWN, the body will be REDDISH BROWN.
...I've been there...

#494 Wardancer

Wardancer

Member: 18260

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostItaria No Shintaku, on 30 March 2012 - 01:06 PM, said:

With all due respect, excluding one single item, TLC is not releasing brown parts since 10 years.
The shield would be DARK BROWN, the body will be REDDISH BROWN.

Ah I see, thank you, I thought there was an additional difference between still produced 'brown' and obsolete 'old brown'. Great, then the choice of legs is much easier.

#495 charlieboy

charlieboy

• chuffed to bits

Member: 7180

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

View Postpurpleparadox, on 30 March 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

I heard a radio advertisement for a local store called Jansen's Paint & Decorating Hobbyland, and this store sells Lego. THEY'RE not getting Series 7 til June! I'm sure they'll be at local Wal-Marts before then, and they'd BETTER be, because I'm not waiting that long if other countries have them already.

I see you are in Canada, there is a seller on Ebay with a complete set listed who is also in Canada so they must be about somewhere already.

#496 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postcharlieboy, on 30 March 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

I see you are in Canada, there is a seller on Ebay with a complete set listed who is also in Canada so they must be about somewhere already.
Awesome! I can't wait for Series 7!

Must haves: Bagpiper, Computer Programmer, Hippie

Posted Image

#497 -GZ-

-GZ-

Member: 8976

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Official site update!
http://minifigures.l...us/Default.aspx
Nothing very interesting. There are new figs' bios though...
Have you ever seen LEGO... ROMAN EMPERORS? COMPOSITE CAPITALS? ARCHES? BAROQUE? Use the links! Comment on Flickr!

I'm from Russia - sorry for my English) * -GZ- is a member of Doublebrick (Russian LEGO fans community) since August 2006.

#498 Watchman

Watchman

Member: 9712

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

They're in the shops - well, WHSmith on Argyle Street in Glasgow, UK ...

I know, because I was there this morning and bought 64 of them ! (2 of everything plus, in fact 3 of most, 13 more evil knights etc etc!)

Awesome-tastic !

#499 RobTheLegoNutjob

RobTheLegoNutjob

Member: 27657

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

Today I walked into my local Argos and BOOM the new Minifigures staring at me in the face! They had some Series 6 still so I got two S6 and two S7. A hippie and an Evil Knight. Feeling the packet I was looking for a Space Patrol or Computer Programmer; but these two I got are just pretty :) Hard to distingush the Evil Knight and Space Patrol though -__- The armor piece. I also got of S6 a Highland Warrior at random and a Surgeon by feeling for the X-Ray! Ta-raa!

Edited by RobTheLegoNutjob, 01 April 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#500 purpleparadox

purpleparadox

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

View PostRobTheLegoNutjob, on 31 March 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Today I walked into my local Argos and BOOM the new Minifigures staring at me in the face! They had some Series 6 still so I got two S6 and two S7. A hippie and an Evil Knight. Feeling the packet I was looking for a Space Patrol or Computer Programmer; but these two I got are just pretty :) Hard to distingush the Evil Knight and Soace nPatrol though -__- The armor piece. I also got of S6 a Highland Warrior at random and a Surgeon by feeling for the X-Ray! Ta-raa!
Where do you live? Is it the UK? I'd be so excited if it was Canada though, because I haven't heard many reports of Series 7 in Canada yet.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users