Lesson 1: What is the discussion thread for?
- To let the host and other players know about unexpected travel. A separate PM should be sent to the host.
- For other members, non-players, to comment on the presentation of the game.
- Reading. So f--king read it. That's what it's there for. It contains info to help you so read every word of it. Have questions about what you've read? PM the host! Don't post your questions here.
What is the discussion thread not for:
- Ask questions about your role.
- Ask questions about your night action.
- Ask about game mechanics.
- Ask anything if you are a player.
- Play the game in this thread.
We don't ask questions about the game in this thread, or play the game because:
- 1. It may give away your role or affiliation.
- It is meta-gaming. Why is it metagaming? Because if you don't understand your role or Night Action, you could be asking a question about it in public to confuse other players, make them believe you have a Night Action or make them believe you are a certain affiliation.
- It is against the rules. The rules state players should ask questions about the game to the host via PM. Do not use this thread for asking questions about the game.
This topic is for confirming your participation to the game and discussing the game: Cirque du Freak. Eighteen enthusiastic and promising students have been elected to participate in this game, but before that you need to confirm that you are still eager to play. The first day phase of the game will begin as soon as possible after all 18 have confirmed their participation.
Here are the list of rules to this game, please read them through carefully before you post anything:
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Mafia. To win the game, the Town must kill off all the Mafia, while the Mafia needs to outnumber the Town.
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Each player gets one unvote a day.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
- You may NOT edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.
- There are no clues hidden in the photo’s, characters names, appearances or profession. So don’t vote for Eval Kneval the ugly Hermit who lives on the top of mount Doom unless you have evidence to back it up.
- Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offence, and the death of your character on your second offence.
All players will shortly receive a private message that details their characters and roles. The first thing to remember is that if you get a character with a night action, do not reveal it. As the rules stated, you should not "play the game" (ie. theorize, accuse, reveal anything etc.) publicly outside the day threads - not even in this thread here. If you have questions about your character or role, please send me a private message. Use the pm I send you containing your character information.
Here is the list of players and their respective characters:
Madam Mitsie – Cirque du Freak owner
Houdini jr – Escape artist
Benzini Brothers – Acrobats – Played by UsernameMDM
Patricia – Animal trainer – Played by Volcanicpanik
Mattilda – Bearded lady – Played by Darkdragon
Jimbob – Clown – Played by Jedi Master Brick
Zezili – Clown – Played by Cecilie
Elasti Elisabeth – Flexible woman & lovely assistant – Played by Etzel
Joshua Igneo – Fire breather – Played by Bricks and parts – In a relationship with Gingeroo
Tora – Fortune teller – Played by Eiker86
Wilhelmina – Horse breaker – Played by Wuntin
Stephanie - Lovely assistant – Played by Swils
The amazing Barnabo - Magician – Played by K-nut
Gabrielle - Mermaid - Played by Grigs
Mr Mime - Mime – Played by Shadows
Rinus - Ringmaster - Played by JediAnakin
Aliandro Fajji - Snake Charmer – Played by Fred Fred Burger
Gingeroono - Strongman - Played by GingerWookie – In a relationship with Joshua Igneo
Norbert – Tallest man – Played by Nightshroud99
Dorothea – Tight rope dancer – Played by Darthnihilius
Lesson 1: Confirmation
In order to complete your confirmation you have to do three things:
- Make a post in this topic stating that you're participating
- Use the image in your character pm as your avatar or in your signature
- Put your character name and act in your signature.
More information about the roles and the game can be found here:
Keep in mind that this is a Mafia School Game, so only the most basic roles are included.