My thoughts during the game:
(I didn't keep notes consistently, but this is what I wrote)
- People stating I'll be angry if there's no conviction. Why? You have to vote, that's all.
- Pie's 'no vote' idea is sound. He just acted like a dick first.
- Hinck revealing his medicine is a dick move. A fair move for scum, but it removes some humor from the game.
- Pie lies about being neutral= dumb X 10
- Pie claims "this is the most over heated day one." No, he's just participating.
- Peanuts, post 306, "thief only helps scum." No, there are only scummy actions. If town is aggressive, scum actions can be very useful. In a game like this, any scum knowing they'll be on the block will choose the most useful action to die with them. A smart townie will steal that action to keep from losing it.
- Mainly well played
- Hopefully badboy got Sok to trail Hinck night two.
- I thought Shadows' Tracker reveal was a bad idea at first. Usually in this sort of game, revealing info is a 'dumb or scum' move, which would label him as scum. But since it's a first game for most, he could get away with it. And, when the tracker is killed, he has an alibi, since everyone knew about it (except the many players not reading the thread
- Scum kill off one investigator, and badboy for knowing too much. They are lucky they got the gun first night one, but now they need to get it every night or else.
- Town fucking sucks at this point. Badboy is in the afterlife saying Hinck is proven town.
- The day before, Shadows saw Zeph target Rice, and he pounced on it. But nobody blinks that he isn't pouncing on Hinck, who was witnessed targeting Tammo. In the last game (Baritones 3), he pounced on WBD for being caught targeting, and also said that he trusted any player who spoke first (Ron in that game, Sandy in this one). Not one townie thought that was inconsistent. They all suck for not noticing this blatant scum tell.
- Sandy publicly blabbed shit too soon, this time's Kiel's PM info. She did the same to me in the Forest. Lesson learned. Don't PM confidential stuff to Sandy.
- While scum is certainly doing well, and and a little lucky with med picks, the bottom line is town fucking sucks. Only Kiel and Rufus seem to be putting any brainpower toward solving stuff.
-Flit and Alopex have had the bomb, and neither tried to lure scum in to die with a well placed statement. A team town player would play 'bait.'
- Fucking fuck, I wish people participated more than just leaning on some leaders.
- Some players have the memory of a goldfish.
- Hinck is annoying.
- After four days in a row, the town manages to get the gun inventor. I clearly wonder if they'll be able to clearly "get" what it means. The best move in this case would be to out it, I think, but I imagine Murdock has a massive burden of who to trust. I don't know who he's PM'ing with.
-Scum have had the advantage in medicine choice almost every shift one. By day three, I was telling them night results in a group PM, so all were getting notified at day start, while only the townies waiting for results were notified. Arguably it doesn't matter, as scum could notify each other.
-Flitwick has no idea what he's talking about, and he's loud about it. He completely ignores the fact that Shadows and BC both went after the SK, which clears nobody
. Both factions are happy to take out the SK, and of course, good
scum, especially in a game with one scum faction, will work that to appear town.
- Up to this point, Shadows and Hinck have been working to appear town. The other scum isn't doing much, in thread.
- iamded and JimB "support" flitwick's theory, which is a horrible scum tell. The fact that they both scooped up ability meds they probably shouldn't have known to take is also a tell. Draggy said he had the option
of giving a gun, which was false. Med user's must
give a gun, but nobody caught it. Iamded is very conservative with Hinck and Jim's accusations, but loved Flitwick's accusation of Big Cam.
- A very quick day and a weak defense by iamded.
-I wonder if Rufus/Pandora figured out that Murdock was blocked from giving the gun. If so, that would finger Shadows, but I think they're working together, Town has convicted three scum, but at least Shadows and Whtefang will be a challenge to uncover.
- The last pistol weilder was blacked out, for the sake of fairness. On the one hand, if I'd thought of it at the time, the third kill (after scum and SK) should have had its own avatar. Using a walrus almost concretely led it back to Jim and Deddy (and it didn't! there were lots of questions!). At the same time, I'm still 99% sure Jim and Deddy would have been lynched when they did. But still, it shouldn't have been a walrus. Shadows complained, and I thought it was fair, so I changed it. This gave scum a little advantage, but it was partly town's fault for making two mistakes that helped Draggy: 1) his saying the gun giving was optional and 2) town assumed there was only a one-night delay on the gun, when actually there was no expiry on it, as inventor roles often don't.
- Rufus used Hinck's "strategy" to peg Brickdoctor. It's understandable, but I think scum wouldn't really get into their own strategy with any townies in order to build trust. It's possible, but I wouldn't, and Hinck didn't. Plus, scum needs to block roles! Not hide from them. That's the most important.
-Rufus mentions that scum likes to stay in the middle, but I would consider Brickdoctor a back end floater, not in the middle. He's done nothing in particular.
- Town's only hope is cluing in that the doctor role kept conveniently surviving until Kiel took it. That fact is a massive finger pointing at scum! Massive! Since Shadows and Draggy tend to log in around the day start, all they need to do is log in and finish the day off.
Shadows, on 07 October 2011 - 03:09 PM, said:
I'd have to disagree about the town only having two full time players, I thought that Professor Flitwick, Cornelius Murdock, Scouts and Big Cam all put some obvious effort into their posting, utilizing the given character profiles to really bring them to life, I actually regretted a few of those kills. A little.
Sorry , Murdock did a good job.
Scouts will be remembered for trying to start a Pelly vote in my mind. Big Cam showed up each day...
KielDaMan, on 07 October 2011 - 03:12 PM, said:
I never saw that conversion coming, even if Rufus brought up the idea in our discussions, I never entertained the idea thinking that the "simple med-swapping" thingy is all the twist we'll have in this game. That kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and it ruined the overall fun I had in the game. I would have rather been defeated by a "Clear 5" instead of a "Surprising 6". Oh well, I guess it's just me sourgraping that all the hardwork of the committed townies was laid to waste. Sorry for the minor rant, just being honest with what I feel.
That's fair enough. In the afterlife writeboard, I mentioned being up front about the style of game, and 'recruitment' is a style. Almost nobody mentioned recruitment on the night scum didn't make a regular kill.
Recruitment is the status quo for mafia games here, so I never made a point of it, but I can understand your frustration at it.