papercla

MOC: town house

Here is my first step into modular town.

A Medium Dark Flesh-Light Bluish Gray town house 16 stud wide, inspired by a photo found out on internet.

At the moment there are no internal furniture (maybe in the future) and it needs some finishing touch both internal (stair) and esternal (in the roof).

Have a look and, if you want, tell me your comments.

image001eai.jpgimage002uw.jpg

image003emg.jpg

image004nc.jpg

image005gpz.jpg

image006vu.jpg

Here is the real building (the neighboring houses are interesting too)

27073797.jpg

When it'll be pubblic: My brickshelf

This really captures the essence of the house in the photo. I love the colour scheme, simple and elegant. I especially like the front door and the way the stairs continue inside. The back "yard" is delightful, was it based on actually seeing the back or just a guess on your part?

Edited by tedbeard

Thank you all. :laugh:

The back "yard" is delightful, was it based on actually seeing the back or just a guess on your part?

Tha back is all invented, not based on the real building (I found only that photo).

Excellent work there translating a real structure to Lego.....a very nice looking modular, going to fit it out with an interior too ? :wink:

By the looks of it your city will be a big one eh ? :wink:

Brick On 'papercia' ! :classic:

I like this - the colours look good, and the bay window/balcony is a very nice touch. I also particularly like the stairs, both front and rear. Very well done - especially for a first modular.

Edited by L@go

Very well done version of this real life building! I'm looking at everything I can find so that I can convert my Medieval Market Village into a modular or two. . . .

Very nicely done!

I like all parts of it, the architecture, the colours used, etc.

It is a very nice MOC, one you should be proud of!

Keep up the good work.

Locutis

What a nice building, I very much like the art nouveau style of the house. You captured it very well. Where is the original located? It looks a little bit like a Belgian house.

Great house for a first try in modular builiding scale!

I like to see some brick built versions of real houses. It's always funny to see how people capture the style, choose the details to put in.

You have made a great work here.

But I have just a small comment about the colours used, compared to the picture : why do you used some light grey bricks and no tan bricks? Maybe the use of the tan colours will make the caramel bricks more "expansive". Just my thought.

By the way, you've made a great job.

Where is the original located? It looks a little bit like a Belgian house.

In the forum where I found the photo they say It is in Ixelles Neighborhood of Brussels so you're right its Belgium. :classic:

But I have just a small comment about the colours used, compared to the picture : why do you used some light grey bricks and no tan bricks? Maybe the use of the tan colours will make the caramel bricks more "expansive". Just my thought.

At the beginning I've thought tan would be the most similar color but at the same time I was building another house (still work in progress) which primary color was tan so I choose light bluish gray in this town house to differentiate it.

Certainly tan and medium dark flash would be a nice matching.

Very impressive modular! It really captures the essence of the original. I am looking for to more such creations.

Andy D

That is a great Modular Building papercia! :thumbup:

The bay window looks good and the flowers are a nice touch. The first floor with the front door and windows looks also very good, especially the basement windows. The colors combine very well.

Brilliant modular, love the colour scheme and bay windows, as well as the well-executed intricate details. I saw many houses like this when I visited Belgium :classic: