Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 5 Building Contest
[CATEGORY B Entries]
Category B - Build an interacting Movie with the LEGO Collectable Minifigures
Build an 16x16 vignette from any known selected movie theme where you could display an actual interacting movie scene of your selected minifigure from the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 and any selected existing minifigures from the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 to 4.
What movie scenes will you choose to build and integrate the interaction between your selected Series 5 minifigure and your selected minifigure within Series 1 to 4?
Spaceman ~ Crash Test Dummy ~ Cheer Leader ~ Tribal Hunter ~ Robot ~ Ninja ~Clown ~ Magician
Forestman ~ Wrestler ~ Caveman ~ Deep Sea Diver ~ Nurse ~ Skater ~ Zombie ~ Cowboy
Mexican ~ Weightlifter ~ Pop Star ~ Traffic Cop ~ Lifeguard ~ Jungle Explorer ~ Spartan ~ Vampire
Pharaoh ~ Witch ~ Mime Artist ~ Ringmaster ~ Karate Master ~ DJ ~ Surfer ~ Skier
Space Alien ~ Snowboarder ~ Fisherman ~ Samurai Warrior ~ Sumo Wrestler ~ Elf ~ Tribal Chief ~ Rapper
Space Villain ~ Hula Dancer ~ Tennis Player ~ Mummy ~ Gorilla Suit Guy ~ Baseball Player ~ Race Car Driver ~ Pilot
Viking ~ Mad Scientist ~ Lawn Gnome ~ The Monster ~ Sailor ~ Street Skater ~ Werewolf ~ Ice Hockey Player
Ice Skater ~ Soccer Player ~ Hazmat Guy ~ Kimono Girl ~ Musketeer ~ Artist ~ Surfer Girl ~ Punk Rocker
Detective ~ Pharaoh Queen ~ Aerobics Instructor ~ Zoo Keeper ~ Eskimo ~ Dwarf Warrior ~ Grenadier Guard ~ Gladiator
Godzilla ~ Circus Clown ~ Woodcutter ~ Snowboarder ~ Mafia Gangster ~ Graduate ~ Boxer ~ Cavewoman
*IMPORTANT NOTE: READ THE CATEGORY B RULES VERY CAREFULLY OR IT WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION*
Category B - The Rules
- Build a vignette that display an interacting known movie scene between your selected Series 5 minifigure and any amount of selected minifigures from the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1 to 4. The vignette measures 16 studs by 16 studs (No height limit).
- The selected movie theme and description of the actual movie scene must be accompanied with a short writing illustration.
- The selected movie theme must includes a hyperlink of the original selected movie poster or synopsis.
- By definition of a "movie"; a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement; Basically, I am not looking into any soap dramas or TV series or whatever! It must be a movie and I am not going to restrict it by only indicating international blockbusters. No pornography or extreme sadistic/terrorist or whatever unaccepted scenes are allowed. If you are unsure, ASK ME!
- The vignette can be of any themes that will allow you to showcase the selected interacting movie scene in the best possible presentation.
- You must provide a scene name for the selected interacting movie scene.
- All LEGO Minfigures including licensed minifigures such as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc; are allowed.
- A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigure accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
- No Series 5 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 5 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 5 like the violin case, graduation gown, axe, pie, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
- Official TLG stickers are allowed.
- Clone brands’ (Oxford, Megablocks and suchlike) parts are definitely forbidden.
- Entries must be new customs. Any entry published online prior to the start of the contest will be disqualified.
- You may not include in your entry any decal or other design element created by other customisers; actual custom plastic items (such as BrickArms, BrickForge and similar) are allowed, as long as you clearly refer to them in the text description below by stating the parts used for each customised minifigures if any and to give due credit for it. In summary, you may only used your own designed decals and not others. If you are using actual custom plastic items, be sure to state them clearly in your entry description.
- There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
- Entries are to be posted in this topic.
- One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the selected Series 5 minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of all LEGO Collectable minifigures used and the movie that you have done. You may include up to 3 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
- Digital backgrounds are allowed.
- No LDD entries.
- Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
- No digital added decals or parts’ colour changes will be allowed.
- No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
- The contest begins now and will end on the 21st of November, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
- In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
- Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.
At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.
It's just that simple!
Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...
Eurobricks Special LEGO Themes Administration Team
WhiteFang & Rufus
Edited by Rufus, 20 November 2011 - 02:44 PM.
Contest deadline ends on the 21st Nov 11 (1200hrs GMT+8)