WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 5 Building Contest

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 5 Building Contest

[CATEGORY A Entries]

gallery_2351_109_71756.jpg

Category A - Build an 8x8 Vignette

Build an 8x8 vignette from any theme where you could display any of the 16 new Collectable Minifigures from Series 5. It can be Town, Medieval or even Space. As long you are able to relate the chosen theme and minifigures to your audience, then you are on the right track.

Where would you display one of these in Category A?

68.jpg

Detective ~ Pharaoh Queen ~ Aerobics Instructor ~ Zoo Keeper ~ Eskimo ~ Dwarf Warrior ~ Grenadier Guard ~ Gladiator

Godzilla ~ Circus Clown ~ Woodcutter ~ Snowboarder ~ Mafia Gangster ~ Graduate ~ Boxer ~ Cavewoman

*IMPORTANT NOTE: ONE ENTRY PER POST PER MEMBER IN EACH CATEGORY AND

BE SURE TO MENTION WHICH MINIFIGURE YOU BUILT YOUR ENTRY FOR IN CATEGORY A*

Category A - The Rules

1. Build a vignette that measures 8 studs by 8 studs. (No height limit.).
  2. A reasonable overhang is allowed to accommodate tree limbs or minifigures accessories, but may not exceed more than 2 studs outside the base.
  3. You may use the same type of minifigure in both categories.
  4. This is a building contest. Be creative. Any themes are allowed as long you are able to relate the vignette for the minifigure which you are building for.
  5. No Series 5 minifigures are required. You don't need to own the figure to create a home for it, and it will not improve your chances if you do. You may not include the official minifigure or it's new accessories/parts from Series 5 in your official entry pictures. You may use older accessories, but not new ones from Series 5 like the violin case, graduation gown, axe, pie, etc, for example. Please note Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 minifigures and parts are allow in this category.
  6. No clone brands or custom parts including decals, stickers, cut outs unless it's official TLG stickers.
  7. Custom parts includes BricksArms, BrickForge, etc.
  8. No placeholder minifigure (Series 5) can be used to reflect the actual positioning in the entry.
  9. There is no parts limit as long as it all fits within the vignette.
  10. Entries are to be posted in this topic.
  11. One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifigure you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifigure and the theme that you have done. Other minifigures may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
  12. Digital backgrounds are allowed.
  13. No LDD entries.
  14. Upload your images onto those dedicated image hosting websites such as Brickshelf, Flickr, etc. Do not use Eurobricks attachment to upload your images.
  15. No webcam or cellphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.
  16. The contest begins now and will end on the 21st of November, 2011 at 1200hrs (GMT+8). Voting will begin immediately after that and will last 7 days.
  17. In the event of a tie, the Staff will vote to decide the winner(s) and all Staff decisions are final.
  18. Any violation of the rules will be subject to disqualification.

The Voting!

At the end of the entry period, a posting topic will appear listing the eligible entries for the above categories. Members who joined prior to the start of the contest will then be able to post how they wish to use their 3 points to vote for the entries they like best. A single entry may receive all 3 points, or the points may be divided between 2 or 3 entries, however the voter wishes. Detailed voting rules will be announced at the start of the voting. Members who join after the start of the competition may choose to enter but may not vote. This is to stop vote rigging.

It's just that simple!

Please use this thread for any further discussions or questions pertaining to this contest and most of all ...

Have fun!

Eurobricks Special LEGO Themes Administration Team

WhiteFang & Rufus

Edited by Rufus
Contest deadline ends on the 21st Nov 11 (1200hrs GMT+8)

post-8410-131784943217.jpghere is my entry. I call it "Happy-Fun-Time-Destruction."

Edit by WhiteFang: Entry does not meet the rules. Participant requires to re-submit a new updated entry or it will be disqualified.

Edited by WhiteFang
Entry does not meet the rules. Participant requires to re-submit a new updated entry or it will be disqualified.

Hi everyone, this is my entry for the Series 5 Building Contest,

Theme: History

Minifigure: Detective

The whole thing

dsc01076.jpg

The Underground Laboratory and the Ground Floor, where the detective stores his information and dossiers and where Doctor Wattle is looking up the King of Zanzibar and the underground lab where the Detective's assistant analyzes clues and blood.

dsc01077.jpg

The Study and the Fencing Room where the Detective's war buddy reads the newspaper and the Fencing Room where the femme fatale spars against the detective.

dsc01078.jpg

Furniture and the Minifigs can be found in my Flickr

Have a Nice Day Everyone! :classic:

Edited by volcanicpanik

Here is my entry,

'Old London Town'

Minifigure is Grenadier guard, theme is history.

6219351059_727b10fcf9_b.jpg

Follow this link for entry with Minifigure... LINK

Spark,

Here is my entry (it´s my first contest).

"Ave, Caesar, morituri te salutant"

6222151065_4a3ae32d3b_d.jpg

Didn´t have so much pieces, but i tried my best to reflect this typical roman scene. Two Gladiators waiting for his glory (or his death) on the arena.

This is my entry. It is for the detective figure. It is the detective's cramped study from the 1800s. He is just starting out in his profession, so he is not that rich or prestigious and has to settle for a cramped, one room London apartment. The theme is history.

cm5_contest_3.jpg

cm5_contest_final.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang

This is my entry, named "The Dis-organised Graduate", and the theme is comedy :wink:

Jimmy, who is about to be graduated at West Brickton University, has left his room in a state! He hasn't tidied up his textbooks, and his socks are everywhere! :tongue: :

university1.jpg

Flickr

university2.jpg

Flickr

university3.jpg

Flickr

Thanks for looking :tongue:

Matt

Edit 1 by MattieG7: Clearer picture, added 2 pictures

Edit 2 by MattieG7: Removed Mortarboard from pictures, as keeping it would violate the rules :tongue:

Edited by MattieG7

Here is my category A - series 5 building contest entry.

It is titled. 'My hands are clean'

6225434027_ab59cf2f04_b.jpg

6225970718_9218634c20_b.jpg

mafia bathroom by tikitikitembo, on Flickr

The minifig this is made for is the gangster figure, I tried to make an opulent bathroom where there is no such thing as too much bling...

I hope I understood the rules correctly. :)

The Exchange

IMG_0984.jpg?t=1318213499

Vito meets with Max the Butcher for business, but neither wants to be duped. Who will be played and who will ride the train home?

IMG_0988.jpg?t=1318213697

IMG_0999.jpg?t=1318214108

This is set for the mobster minifig, standing in the middle two studs, pushing Lil' Vinnie, and holding his case behind his back.

Additional pictures, with and without Vito can be found here.

Edit by WhiteFang: I can't view your entry's images!!! Please have it up in 12 hours or it will be disqualified.

Edited by WhiteFang
Where are your images???

Here's my meta entry. I'd originally built it for the Series 4 contest (obviously with an orange bag instead of the blue), but ran out of time to enter it.

Billy has finally gotten around to buying a Series 5 pack. Oh, the excitement!

IMG_6103.jpg

Billy pours the contents of the bag onto the table. Which figure did he get?

IMG_6100.jpg

(A few more pictures can be found here)

Minifigure: The packet hasn't been opened yet, so I'm not sure. Having thoroughly felt it though, I have a feeling it's going to be the Zookeeper. :wink:

Here is my entry for the Minifigure Series 5 Contest! This is made for the Zookeeper just as a reminder. (Also, the black part it his tongue. Yes they have black tongues) :classic:

6236741930_84d2b988da.jpg

Giraffe by Carson Hart, on Flickr

Edited by WhiteFang

here is my entry for this Contest. It's called "The Drawf Invasion".

The Drawf's stay for a long time under the earth surface but now they will reigen the World.

6246489766_72322b3eec_b.jpg

Edited by WhiteFang

Here is my entry:

Theme: Town - Recreation

Minifig: Snowboarder

The snowboarder and his girlfriend (also a snowboarder) are on holiday in the mountains. After a long day outside in the snow they can now relax in front of the fire, sipping hot cocoa with whipped cream and marshmallows. :drool:

6247067628_a85dbe9fda_z.jpg

6246544103_ef1d830cd3_z.jpg

6247066944_f5aba18699_z.jpg

This is my entry: The Tree

Obviously for the woodcutter, and I guess the closest theme is City (should be "forest", but whatever).

6253588654_d3c35ea52b_z.jpg

6253589414_30980fc6bc.jpg6253589638_4e47fed899.jpg

Title: Who killed Mr. Black? (Clue/Cluedo)

Theme: Victorian/boardgames

Minifig: Detective

When I was young I liked to play a board game called Clue/Cluedo, where you have to find out who killed mr. Black, where he was killed and what weapon was used. The game is set in an old Victorian house and you examine the different rooms of the house looking for clues. In this vignette I decided to depict two rooms: the Hall and the Library with couch. Here you see Mr. Black lying in the Hall. Upstairs is the library. (more pics will be added)

clue2.jpg

Here's a picture that only includes the building itself:

img_1695.jpg

A picture of the furniture and Mr. Black:

img_1697.jpg

Bonus pic: It was that dreaded Ms. Peacock who did it and she used the knife (see: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/KristofBD/MuskVignette/img_1704.jpg when public).

Edited by KristofBD

This is my entry.

Theme: Arctic(/City?)

Minifig: Eskimo

This is where the Eskimo is living. When the night comes he sleeps in his igloo and during the day he is sitting and fishing while enjoying the sun (the few hours it is above the horizon :wink: ).

6255262195_6f1a9bd28b_z.jpg

6255790654_8dcb5ff8a2.jpg

6255793576_513b5948ee.jpg

Edited by Skrytsson

Theme: Town

Time to ride the lifts! To me, that's one of the best parts about skiing/snowboard, anyway. However, it's preferable to stay away from the trees. *oh2*

lego_026.jpg

lego_029.jpg

Poor guy!

lego_031.jpg

Someone has already posted something similar, but anyway, here is my version of the ski lift.

Theme: Town

The ski resort was closed due to works. Unfortunately, snowboarders must walk to the top. Nevermind, this is a fitness workout. :classic:

skiliftsmall.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Captain Flint

Hello all. Here is my contest entry. I hope I'm not breaking the rules here, but apparently we can post up to 3 pictures of our entry in this topic? Well, my entry is so tall (it's 2"8!) I split it across 2 images. Please let me know if this isn't ok!

Theme: Fantasy

Minifig: Evil Dwarf

I have built a cross-section of land, to feature the evil Dwarf in his mine.

tophalf.png

At the top we have a Crown Knight going about his usual patrol, passing by an apple tree. Beneath him we can see a few secrets buried in the earth.

bottomhalf.png

Further down there is a mining tunnel with rails for a mine cart, though it seems to be abandoned as a slight cave-in has occurred. Even further is the cavernous area where the evil dwarf mines for precious gemstones. Finally there is a vein of lava (probably where most of the gems were formed in the first place).

dwarfsegment.jpg

A closer view of the evil dwarf's mining area. He's going to make a fortune selling those beauties!

More pictures can be seen on my Brickshelf gallery.

Theme : City/Forest

Minifigure : Lumberjack

Cut A Tree, Plant A Tree. It's as simple as that! :classic:

6289128866_4d21387aff_b.jpg

lego2 by daro.strklr, on Flickr

6288609521_6641b285ff_b.jpg

lego1 by daro.strklr, on Flickr

6288609999_1514685b4a_b.jpg

lego3 by daro.strklr, on Flickr

Other photos with the Lumberjack and the trees overhang measurement can be found here

Good luck to everyone else!! :classic:

Edited by daro

Title: Reichenbach Falls or Moriarty Meets His Doom.

Theme: Literary Scene

Minifigure: The Detective (Sherlock Holmes) would be on the stud left on the top of the rock face.

6297421226_3f21e03970.jpg

In the story "The Final Problem", Holmes tracks his arch-nemesis Professor Moriarty to Switzerland and follows him to the top of Reichenbach Falls. At the top, the two decide to fight to the death. Minutes later, Dr. Watson (who was tricked by Moriarty into being absent for the battle) comes upon the spot and sees the area where the two struggled and sees no footsteps leading back down from the edge of the cliff. Watson assumes both went over the side to their death and he returns to England alone. Years later, it is revealed that Holmes survived the encounter and only faked his death to avoid Moriarty's henchmen.

(Sir Arthur Conan Doyle actually intended Holmes to perish in the battle with Moriarty but with a lot of pressure from both publishers and readers performed what could be considered the first "retcon", allowing Holmes to live to solve many other crimes.)

Picture with Sherlock can be found here on my Flickr.

Title: Feeding Time At The Zoo

Theme: City - Zoo

Minifigure: Zoo Keeper with Monkey

A nice cozy habitat, including a tree to swing from and a small water fountain.

6311310592_4580e2fe7d.jpg

6311321704_5a63407026.jpg

6311322420_195ea94966.jpg

Flickr image set contains additional photos with the minifigure in place - which will make the title make more sense. :classic:

Edited by Tsuda Touji

Here is my entry for Category A!

I chose to use the Egyptian Queen remembering the story of Moses, and how he was floated down the Nile in basket and ended up at the palace to then be raised by the Queen and Pharaoh. So this scene depicts the the basket washing up at one of the Palaces that sits beside the Nile. Picture the Queen standing there bending down to pick up the infant.

Enjoy!

dscn0207.jpg

dscn0208.jpg

Thanks again, and good luck to all the contestants.

Edited by Dan Church