Sign in to follow this  
The Spark That Bled

LEGO Calendar Idea Sharing

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I love the Lego calendar set that came out this summer more as an inspiration than how it came out of the box. darkdragon showed us an extreme of how awesome it can become with a big update, but I thought it might be nice to have a thread where people can share the little ways that they have updated the Lego calendar either to reflect the season or just for variety.

I bought two of them because I keep one at home and I take one to my classroom (my students love it and I have become the cool teacher with most of my boys because of it). I love Halloween so I gave them both a Monster Squad minifigure theme for October.

This is the more elaborate version featuring lots of minifigures, creepy crawlies and glow-in-the-dark bricks.

100_2138.jpg

This is the version I'm taking to my classroom. It has a few less parts that might walk off but still has some monsters and more fall-inspired color scheme.

100_2137.jpg

I invite anyone to share what they have done with the calendar because I am really more interested in hearing about and seeing what others have done as I am in sharing my own work.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

This is what I love the most of the Lego calendar, and if I was able to buy one of these, I would probably try to customize it in these ways! Your October calendar is amazing! Thank you for sharing it! I love it! :grin:

It will be great to see other customized calendars posted here. :classic: Great topic.

Very nice idea, and your Halloween themed calendar is great! I must admit I did not even think of customizing mine...I just move around the skater MF, each day in a different position.

This is the more elaborate version featuring lots of minifigures, creepy crawlies and glow-in-the-dark bricks.

I really like this one. If I was doing it I would probably have fewer minifigs stuck on and make a scene on top, but what I absolutely love is the way you created the platform withe the heads. I also like the overal colors and decoration, it looks great for spooky theme.

I really like the fall color scheme you've used for the school version too. I hope nothing walks off there.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Yatkuu, it is equally funny that I never thought to do anything with the minifigures to help indicate the day.

This is the first customization I've really done of it. My mind is already working on November. I don't think it will be as easy as October. There are a lot of monster minifgures.

And darkdragon, I agree it's a little crowded on top. Couldn't stand leaving anyone out. :tongue:

Good job eh. I really like the one on the first photograph.

I haven't attempted changing the bricks on my calendar, only modify the minifigs.. sort of like loves of the month. and specially now that CMF has a lot of couples/pairs.

5921377318_8c0a9e079a_z.jpg

I was thinking of putting the numbers on a big wheel, and then hiding all but one of the numbers behind a slot. You could then turn the wheel each day, so the date shows through the slot.