bricked one

MOC: G1 Optimus Prime

6199825756_93bd14d1e2_z.jpg

My transformable G1 Optimus Prime, it took a whole lot less time to create than my jazz, but I'm equally satisfied with it being my second legoformer. Even though he contains no ball joints of any sort, he is extremely poseable. He can even bend his legs and arms outwards.Optimus prime's alt mode is smooth and slick without any exposed joints.

6199822330_877e461643_z.jpg

6199822744_cdc26e063b_z.jpg

6199826584_50cf5e3f91_z.jpg

Includes trailer, Roller, Matrix of Leadership, Energon axe, and his Ion cannon much like masterpiece optimus prime.

6199310595_06317ec178_z.jpg

6199310929_5d2fac29a6_z.jpg

6199824268_b9639d46b1_z.jpg

6199311753_bd2747826e_z.jpg

Transformation

6199312049_6971e2cabe_z.jpg

6199312305_b44a28f760_z.jpg

6199312645_f39f7bbb16_z.jpg

6199313193_7c93f1275e_z.jpg

Weapons and Matrix of Leadership

6199313549_9cfffc3d4d_z.jpg

6199314165_2aa55bb014_z.jpg

6199314935_3cdb9450fb_z.jpg

6199827336_9f67340e54_z.jpg

Roller, first 3 wide version ever! (or at least I haven't seen one before)

6199315219_ecfdcb5080_z.jpg

6199828126_84de45ca89_z.jpg

6199310289_bd45249804_z.jpg

And too top it off, its radio controlled with a IR receiver, battery box, and 2 m-motors.

Video

Edited by bricked one

Hello!

I am always impressed by convertible mocs, and this is no exception. It's amazing how the nice inconspicuous truck suddenly completely transforms into a menacing battle machine. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

That is incredible. It must have took a lot of work to figure out how to create a MOC that can transform from a vehicle to an alien :classic: .

Wow, I love it! Particular kudos for managing to hide all the joints so seamlessly in truck mode, always one of the more difficult things to do. And he's posable to boot! Plus, well... come on, it's Prime!

Uuuuuh...I can't talk...my jaw just kit the floor!! Wow...AMAZING!!! The model in robot form is stunning in itself...one of the best renditions of Prime I've seen...and transformable???

Please post details on the build if you can!!!!!!!

I always wanted to see a Lego Transformer, and this is the first one I see. I must say that I'm very impressed, far above my expectactions. The model looks very natural both as a truck and as a robot! Thanks for sharing this with us, and I hope that you make more of this. :classic: Cheers!

thanks everyone for your nice comments

@legostein

Thanks,the goal for all my transformers is to make them look like regular city vehicles, another reasons my cars are 6-7 studs wide and my trucks 8 studs.

@petamas

Jazz can be found Here Maybe I'll post the updates on him sometime soon. I dont have an answer for your other question though

@Hiawatha

Thanks, at this scale transforming is easy, poseability and stability isn't and it really doesn't help have no ball joints available. But I guess it's part of the challenge.

@Brainbox

Hiding all the joints wasn't that hard because they were all simple bricks and technic pieces, and when you have alot of exposed joints it looks really messy.

@toadtorrent

Well' Ive been working on this for quiet awhile, the head took two tries to get right and I discovered a basic design that with some modifications I could make the head of just about all of the G1 transformers. His shoulders and torso are pretty close to thier initial design. But their connection was a nightmare because making his shoulders posable really stumped me. The legs and arms fell right in place with a small spacer in between to level the cab. The power functions trailer was merely a well thought out idea and wouldn't have been possible without the jackpot of light bleys at the lego store and the donated PF stuff. And of course it wouldn't have been complete without a roller that took 2 days to come up with. If what you meant by "Build" was, how is this put together, then go ahead and ask away.

@johnnyvgoode

So far I've only made Optimus, Jazz, and Starsream who just needs his arms and legs, but I plan to make most of all G1.

@N13OS

Thanks, to make sure he looked as G1 as possible I ended up watching a lot of original series and buying some of the newer G1 styled comics, but sadly I never had and still don't have an actual action figure.

BTW, if you have a moc pages account and you liked my Optimus, can you rate him up. I'm trying to reach 50+ likes Link

Thanks again!

@N13OS

Thanks, to make sure he looked as G1 as possible I ended up watching a lot of original series and buying some of the newer G1 styled comics, but sadly I never had and still don't have an actual action figure.

BTW, if you have a moc pages account and you liked my Optimus, can you rate him up. I'm trying to reach 50+ likes Link

Thanks again!

But you done it well, really. =)

Sure thing, I'll rate. Also you can visit my MOCPages and find here a Soundwave Action Figure. Unfortunately, it's made in LDD, but still he's cool. ^^

Edited by -N13OS-

Wow, this is impressive. I must say Legoformers always interest me, but this one in particular is great. Not only does it include the Energon ax and roller, but he also has the Matrix. A lot of time and details must have gone into this creation, and then to make it transformable gives it even more glory. Nice to know that you also researched the figure in order to make it.

One word.....AWESOME !' :grin:

Fantastic designing 'bricked one', be sure I shall show this to my friend who's Transformers crazy....loves his G1 stuff ! :laugh:

Brick On and Autobot's let's roll ! :laugh:

What a Fantastic surprise you had waiting for me after getting back From BrickCon!

I must say you jumped right to the good stuff eh? ;p

Mike

What a Fantastic surprise you had waiting for me after getting back From BrickCon!

I must say you jumped right to the good stuff eh? ;p

Mike

And what a surprise you had waiting for me at BrickCon, your gundams were AWESOME!!!

Back on topic, thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it!

That Optimus is simply amazing. I like the small details, like the taillights on the feet. One minor thing, I would have preferred the original version of “The Touch” :tongue:

And what a surprise you had waiting for me at BrickCon, your gundams were AWESOME!!!

Back on topic, thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it!

Waaaaaaaaat? You mean you were actually there? Please say you didn't bring anything, cause that'll make feel much better about not noticing if you did bring something! xD

Mike

Waaaaaaaaat? You mean you were actually there? Please say you didn't bring anything, cause that'll make feel much better about not noticing if you did bring something! xD

Mike

not to worry, I brought nothing, I wasn't sure if I would make it or not so I didn't plan anything

--

also Ive changed the whole lower half so that the waist spins 180 and the wheels are towards the back of his legs, but I'm stumped on a new foot design, any ideas?(I just cant stop changing my mocs here and there lol)

This is just such an amazing MOC dude! :thumbup: I really like what you've done with this guy in such a small space. I hope this makes it to the frontpage!

This will always be the "real" Optimus Prime for me. You've captured him so well! The vehicle mode just looks perfect. I never had Optimus either, but I do have Ultra Magnus (same cab, recoloured) and your build looks remarkably similar. :thumbup:

Only thing: maybe a darker blue?

I was actually thinking about trying to do this myself, but you beat me to it. Great job! Will you be attempting any other G1 Transformers?

Ah I call BULL! What Power Functions? :sceptic:

We see the reciever but that's it. Show us the juice! :tongue::thumbup:

Edited by Rook