MOC UK Style suburban semi detached house c1940s

28 replies to this topic

#26 Zeon

Zeon

Member: 15962

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Wonderful! My favourite is the baby's bedroom :)

As with all art medium: there are some talented people, and we can have the luxury of sitting back and admire talented creations :)

#27 snaillad

snaillad

Member: 6447

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostBrickenhead-town-dweller, on 30 September 2011 - 01:38 AM, said:

Spot on. Isn't it a shame Lego doors open outwards though?

As a variation some houses of this style have a small bay window above the door. and you'll also find some with corner bays or just corner windows either glazed both sides of the corner or cut across the diagonal. streets tend to be laid out with semi-detached in matching pairs but each pair will be slightly different to their neighbours. It allowed owners of the houses to feel individual in what could feel like a sea of such houses amid the suburban boom period.

Yeah I did think about the extra bay above the door but though it would distract away from the larger bay and rounded entrance. I did ALOT of image searching before finding the right sort of design that I was happy with :classic:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  

MOC's shown above can be found on My Flickr Page  or  My MOCPages

#28 ub40

ub40

Member: 24315

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

I used to live in one of these in the 1970s and 1980s. Superb designing and artwork. I love the model. Is there any way I could get one like this?

#29 eurotrash

eurotrash

• Put the FUN in funicular

Member: 25286

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:47 PM

Wow! I've just stumbled across your work.  This is fantastic and it looks just like my grandmothers house in Newbury, England.  The detail-work is superb and the inclusion of a caravan made me smile.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users