7 replies to this topic

#1 Modulex Guy

Modulex Guy

• Ain't nobody takin' my wooden fire truck

Member: 6517

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

Posted Image V-LV-33F

This is a LEGO Toyota ae86 Trueno from the popular anime series InitialD

The car is built as a five wide and features tons of unusual building techniques to achieve the correct shape while keeping it 5 wide and minifigure scale!
Only thing I cheated on with this MOC is just a tiny piece of double stick tape to hold the headlights on. :( There was no other way to really attach the flip up lights without making it look odd.

Enjoy the pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

And of course I have to have the Fujiwara Tofu shop!

Posted Image

Posted Image

More pictures can be found in my photostream: http://www.flickr.co...s/51480565@N03/

Comments welcome!
NILTC
Hi, My name is Chris... and I'm addicted to Modulex.
Posted Image
O_o
I Buy Modulex!
My Flickr page.

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

Very nice, I like it a lot 'Polish Guy' ! :grin:
Lots of tile and plate action there plus so much cool SNOT work too ! :grin:
Brick On Drive On 'Polish Guy' ! :grin:

#3 Big Cam

Big Cam

• A good mood, too.

Member: 5701

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

As a fan of the Hachi Roku and initial d, I like it, my only complaint is the hood or bonnet is way too short, you have that hatchback for being longer than the hood/bonnet.

Otherwise kudos on a nice build.

#4 Out of Sight

Out of Sight

Member: 14571

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

Another great moc from the 'camber guy' LOL  :thumbup: :thumbup: all your mocs have that distinctive minus wheel camber,I like it a lot. The hood is too short I agree, but overall it's unmistakably AE86.
Anyway since most of your car mocs are based on Japanese anime and car cultures, I would love to see you make more of them in bricks:

- Nissan Skyline KPGC10 - 'Hako Suka'
Posted Image
- Nissan Skyline KPGC110 - 'Ken Meri'
Posted Image

And since camber is your specialty...make one 'bippu' style cars (VIP style) such as this with extreme minus cambers,
Posted Image
I'm having a nervous brick-down...

#5 Ralph_S

Ralph_S

• Dwarf My Maersk!

Member: 309

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

That's a pretty amazing amount of detail for something this small. I think that is generally pretty hard to build a car that is small enough not to completely dwarf a figure next to it and make it look like a particular model. You did a very good job with the Porsche you posted a while ago and with this one too.   :thumbup:

Cheers,
Ralph
For LEGO jets, cars, and trucks, please check out:
http://www.flickr.co...os/madphysicist

#6 pinioncorp

pinioncorp

Member: 8765

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

Absolutely love this, PolishGuy! Unmistakable as a Sprinter Trueno, my only complaint is is the horrible trans-light blue windscreen (my pet peeve). Trans-black would probably look more fitting, and let you standardise the colour across the whole car.

Posted Image

#7 Modulex Guy

Modulex Guy

• Ain't nobody takin' my wooden fire truck

Member: 6517

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

View Postpinioncorp, on 27 September 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

Absolutely love this, PolishGuy! Unmistakable as a Sprinter Trueno, my only complaint is is the horrible trans-light blue windscreen (my pet peeve). Trans-black would probably look more fitting, and let you standardise the colour across the whole car.

I know, I do not like it either, but I ran out of trans-black, so blue it is for the time being.

And to those who say the hood is too short, it is not really THAT short, the 1:1 car also has a fairly short hood when looking at it from a side view, also I tried making it 4 studs long and it looked way more out of proportion that the 3 studs... to be perfect it would have to be 3 & 1/2 studs long (which I have not figured out yet)

And for "Out of Sight" i will definitely be building more JDM cars, I'm going VIP next. :devil:
NILTC
Hi, My name is Chris... and I'm addicted to Modulex.
Posted Image
O_o
I Buy Modulex!
My Flickr page.

#8 bricksboy

bricksboy

Member: 20686

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:41 AM

Hi,great to see your AE86 and the tofu shop, good job. I also have my moc AE86. If you are interested to see my moc, welcome to visit my post. Thanks.

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=60542

Edited by bricksboy, 28 September 2011 - 09:12 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users