MOC: Up-Armored HUMVEE

4 replies to this topic

#1 gcanik

gcanik

Member: 14476

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Posted Image
This MOC depicts the M114 UAH, an up-armored version of the High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV). This is version 1.3 in my series of different military humvees presented in different applications. It has increased armor plating around the doors and a much larger top-side turret with increased armor plating and windows. The tan antennae on the back is a microphone to help locate snipers based on the crack of their rifles as they fire. She also includes 2 smoke grenade launchers on the top side corners of the windshield. I redesigned the attatchmet points for the windshield to the main body to make it stronger and decrease the wobble that was present. The turret is rotatable and includes my version of a .50 caliber machine gun. Other versions have an automatic grenade launcher, 6-barreled minigun or a M249 SAW mounted in the turret.
Need to get my hands on a Minigun from Brickarms to mount in the turret but also still waiting for someone to mold a LEGO appropriate .50 caliber machine gun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Some additional images can be found on my MOCpages page: My link

Edited by Rufus, 09 October 2011 - 12:24 PM.
Indexed

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:39 PM

Excellent looking armoured vehicle 'gcanik', looks like a small chain gun mounted on top too ! :devil:
Looks very much the part on the modern desert battlefield ! :wink:
Brick On Fight On 'gcanik' ! :grin:

#3 treeboy

treeboy

Member: 18086

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:24 AM

Good looking vehicle. And your guys look tough too.
"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

#4 Mikeosaurus

Mikeosaurus

Member: 19721

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

Wow. That's professional grade stuff. :thumbup:
I love the doors especially, and the turret is also well done. It would look sweet with a minigun.

#5 KisKatona

KisKatona

Member: 20001

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

If you want a .50 cal the BA M1919 is a good stand-in. ARCs would be cool for your guys too. Nice build, I love it.  :thumbup: . Could you PM me instructions, please? :grin:
There's strong. Then there's Army strong. Hooah!
"We are the kids of war and peace, from Anaheim to the Middle East."-Green Day, Jesus of Suburbia
PS3 Gamertag-dborbely7

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users