Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Some mighty Imperial Fortresses

Have a look at these imperial ports I found on brickshelf:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=bidault

I like them a lot. Seems like a real pirate fan made them.

Maybe someone already on the forum ??

They have a lot of minfigs and a powerfull garnison to protect them from pirate attacks.

I saw them while I was looking for inspiration for my own imperial fort that I plan to build soon.

B.

very piratey.... mmmmm

I like it, even if unrealistic... other then the island on in front of the dock on the one port... now there is no way you could get that ship out to sea.....

anyway fun

I like those very much, the first looks more like a port to me like the other, the other one looks more like a fort, because there isn't a docking place or a ship there. Great find Napoleon!

The pictures are small enough to plonk in the thread...

6265_2005_04.jpg

I see what you mean Captain Roger, the ship seems to be a Caribbean Clipper without any sails but since the island is in the way its not going to need them anyway! :-D

Now these are some real forts that completely blow that Eldorado Fortresses out of the water because they are actually bigger than the ships. If only the Lego Factory made fortresses as grand as this and then no one could say that Imperial Guard forts were only small.

Now these are some real forts that completely blow that Eldorado Fortresses out of the water because they are actually bigger than the ships. If only the Lego Factory made fortresses as grand as this and then no one could say that Imperial Guard forts were only small.

Think of the Parents' wallets, Ironhook! Like the old adage says, size isn't always everything. If a play set can incorporate a lot of details, then it doesn't need to be a hulking beast of massive proportions. That is one of the qualities I admire older sets for. Using KKII as an example, the sets are devoid of details. They are facades made to look lovely at a particular angle (Ha! Or so I believe.). The Viking fortress also comes to mind. It was lauded as an architectural achievement (as far as LEGO sets go), but the inside is barren.

This brings us back to the Eldorado Fortress Debate where we were debating whether Eldorado Fortress was "The be all and end all of Imperial Guard Fortresses" or "Merely a small fort". I think Mr Syedow raises a good point in pointing out the parents wallets aren't usually infinite.

This brings us back to the Eldorado Fortress Debate where we were debating whether Eldorado Fortress was "The be all and end all of Imperial Guard Fortresses" or "Merely a small fort". I think Mr Syedow raises a good point in pointing out the parents wallets aren't usually infinite.

In my humble opinion, the Eldorado Fortress is unimpressive for a "be all and end all of Imperial Guard Fortresses". TLC certainly could've been more clever with their resources. Such as creating two/three/four separate forts that joined or morphed (collect them all and build a larger fort with their parts!) into something truly impressive.

Yes you are right, the Eldorado Fortress is more like a large outpost, not a real fort like these whose are much more powerfull than the EF. The idea of seperate forts too collect sounds great, but I doubt LEGO would do something like that *sad*

In my humble opinion, the Eldorado Fortress is unimpressive for a "be all and end all of Imperial Guard Fortresses". TLC certainly could've been more clever with their resources. Such as creating two/three/four separate forts that joined or morphed (collect them all and build a larger fort with their parts!) into something truly impressive.
Yes you are right, the Eldorado Fortress is more like a large outpost, not a real fort like these whose are much more powerfull than the EF. The idea of seperate forts too collect sounds great, but I doubt LEGO would do something like that *sad*

You lads should be saving such comments for the Eldorado Fortress debate for here we should be marvelling the splendor of this...

forteresse_6276_3.jpg

That looks pretty impressive. I've always wanted to do a larger version of the Eldorado Fortress, but the lack of blue baseplates for sea is a limiting factor. My 3rd Eldorado fortress should be here within the next month. Might hold off building it in favour of something like this.

Blue baseplates can get quite expensive too and it seems only green and grey are available from stores. Well the stories in my area at least and I suppose the stock there is rather limited to some parts of the world.

You could always make your own blue baseplate with a bit of paint! Then again, maybe not...

Wow, that is really big! Very nice fort! It appears inspired by the EF, ITP, Sabre Isle, and Lagoon lock up, meaning bits and pieces are used. Any word from the creator?

I think they both have very clean looks. The pictures are well taken too, so I give them both a *y*

Of course, I am still working on mine in MLCAD- but there are a few parts not in the MLCAD library that I need. *sigh*

And if anyone wants to comment or provide feedback for Mr ZCerberus's MOC then visit his Imperial Harbor thread.

Which I shall now comment in because the MOCs in this thread have given me a thought...

This fort has a lot of greenery which I like, but maybe too much. However, I think Imperial MOCs can benefit from a little greenery to provide variation and keep things interesting.

6265_2005_01.jpg

I believe this might have been posted before, but no matter. It is a very nice "Big" version of the Eldoraddo fortress. But my thought is that it is too much. It's suddenley much to beefy and it seems like a lot of the pieces are too much, (like the lattice...) Its nice but I very much enjoy the original LEGO sets, they are so clean. This MOC lacks simpleness.

I found the fortess's very nice. Both of them.

The colorscheme is good with yellow and white (as it should be in any imperial fortress in my opinion)

I also like the small island's with palms

Good MOC's

I believe this might have been posted before.

The be a good little moderator and find the thread it was originally posted in. X-D

Imperial fortress are getting better...i love the last picture phes linked here

This one??

6265_2005_01.jpg

I think this one is fairly nice as well