MOC: Porsche 911

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bootz

bootz

Member: 19321

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image V-LV-30B

I've tried many times over the years to build a 911. This is the closest I've come so far to being satisfied with it, though that front overhand is a stud too long. Not too sure how I'm going to solve that either. Well anyway, feel free to share your comments and criticisms.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Modulex Guy

Modulex Guy

• Ain't nobody takin' my wooden fire truck

Member: 6517

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

Good work so far. Its tough to get the shapes right when working on such a small scale.

If you are willing to make it bigger (5 wide) you might get better results. If you'd like, take a look at my attempt at a 911 and get some inspiration:
Blackbird 911
NILTC
Hi, My name is Chris... and I'm addicted to Modulex.
Posted Image
O_o
I Buy Modulex!
My Flickr page.

#3 bootz

bootz

Member: 19321

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

View PostPolish Guy, on 25 September 2011 - 03:57 PM, said:

Good work so far. Its tough to get the shapes right when working on such a small scale.

If you are willing to make it bigger (5 wide) you might get better results. If you'd like, take a look at my attempt at a 911 and get some inspiration:
Blackbird 911

Yes I had seen that. Great moc. I've never attempted to do a 5 wide. I wouldn't call myself a purist, but I do prefer 4 wide. I'd like to try a 5 wide eventually though.

Aside from being blocky, the wheel base on mine needs to be a stud longer and the front overhang a stud shorter. The front axle needs to come forward but that will interfere with the slope of the hood.

#4 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Gungans taste like chicken

Member: 7997

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

Interesting 911, I agree with 'Polish Guy' and it might look better as a five wide....the lines look too straight. :look: Perhaps if you buy a Cars2 set you'll get the right front end (i.e. Lightning McQueen). :wink: Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

#5 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:56 AM

Neat Porsche 'bootz'. Seems this is the car of the month. Maybe shorten the front and use these slopes. Keep up the good work, I love seeing 4 wide MOCs Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users