MOD: Creator 5866: Biplane with Skids

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 harakiri

harakiri

Member: 14936

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:12 AM

Posted Image
Got the Creator set 5866: Rotor Rescue. I really liked one of the alternative builds, the Biplane.
When I finally made it yesterday I realized that while looking nice its really missing something: wheels or some under carriage.
So I modified the plane so that I got some bricks in order to build some skids for the plane.
I think this improved it considerable, but see for yourself:

Posted Image

from the side:

Posted Image

I modified the tale, the cockpit and the struts. The upper wings are now a little lower than before.
Here a detail shot of the skids:

Posted Image

Not exactly sure if this counts as a MOC. Technically its more a modification I guess ....  :wink:

Edited by Rufus, 09 October 2011 - 12:11 PM.
Indexed

#2 treeboy

treeboy

Member: 18086

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

It's a MOD, but yes this adds to it and I'm surprised that some sort of gear wasn't included/intended. I like the mods, nice.
"When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

#3 Legostein

Legostein

• I'm a million!

Member: 1505

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hello!

That's indeed a useful modification as it still uses only pieces of that set. So everyone who owns it can modify it like this now. :classic: It's a creative inverted attachment of the landing gear too.

Cheers,

~ Christopher
Posted Image http://www.deckdesigns.de - Bricks, Building & Beyond Posted Image

#4 harakiri

harakiri

Member: 14936

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

Thanks, for your kind comments.

Now I need to come up with an idea for a real alternative for that set.
That was actually my intention in the first place but I had no good ideas and then decided to build that plane instead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users