JoeMI6

Fire Helicopter Review - Set No. 7238

index2.jpg

This is a set that intrigued me from the moment I spotted it. The idea of a Lego helicopter has always excited the little child inside of me. That combined with the urge to get my first substantial city set and an unrefusable offer from a friend made me finally get my hands on this set.

Here's the lowdown:

Set No. 7238

Price: �7.99

Pieces: 75

Build Time: 8 minutes

The Box

fire_copter_review_015.jpg

I love the box art on this set, it's just really captivating. The copter is bursting out, ready to rescue.

The Stickers

Although I chose not to apply them to this set, the sticker sheet isn't that dreadful; with only a couple of stickers that look relatively easy to apply. As I feel though, the set doesn't really need them that much, you get a nice effect anyways.

fire_copter_review_018.jpg

The Minifig

fire_copter_review_008.jpg

One solitary fig in this set. However, I feel that he is a pretty nice one at that. Simple, yet effective.

The Build

fire_copter_review_017.jpg

A easy, yet fun build with 7238. The supply of nice pieces will cater to everyone.

fire_copter_review_001.jpg

Some of the heights are the red R2 torsos and blue flames; with 2 of each. The cool little fireman axe and some nice slopes.

The Letdowns

There are only two faults with this brilliant little set. First is what seems to be a recurring thing in some of Lego's recent sets.

The Gap

Although it's not that big, it's a detail that can really detract from this set's beauty. It seems to just ruin the shape. I appreciate that even I probably couldn't make it perfect, but as TLC are the experts, you kind of expect quality.

Second is something that doesn't really bother me that much, but it could put others off.

A slighty <insert that tiresome argument> Propeller

As this is just one large piece, I know that some may have wanted it to be brick built rather that just a big piece for production's sake. Just a small problem that may be for some.

Overall

For me, the pros of this set far outweigh the tiny cons. I thoroughly recommend you check this set out, whether for a nice little parts pack or another addition to your City of Disasters ;-)

Gallery when moderated

That was an excellent review. Thanks. I'm actually not into city sets anymore but that has picqued my interest.

The Stickers

What I find interesting is the set number on the tail. I've not seen that before. Its a nice touch.

The Minifig

WHY does he have those red eyes. Is he about to become the Incredible Hulk?

the red R2 torsos and blue flames[/url];

They arn't R2 torsos. By definition, the Torso is the abdomen and head. The piece is only the abdomen. Also, its more general than an R2 unit abdomen. Its also been used for R5-D4. And I've not seen the flames in anything other than red either. Cool!

Nice review Joe, even though this set doesn't look that special to me. Kind of dumb that the radio is kept on outside of the helicoper

The Minifig

He's wearing redish sunglasses, is it just me or wasn't that rather obvious?

They arn't R2 torsos. By definition, the Torso is the abdomen and head. The piece is only the abdomen. Also, its more general than an R2 unit abdomen. Its also been used for R5-D4.

I don't think the torso includes the head...

And I've not seen the flames in anything other than red either. Cool!

Really I've never seen them in red, Just kidding, I know I know what you meant. But Even though your not a town fan a star wars fan like you should get this cheap set for force lightning for your sith lords!

The Minifig

He's wearing redish sunglasses, is it just me or wasn't that rather obvious?

D'Oh! What does he need sunglasses for when he's got a visor???

They arn't R2 torsos. By definition, the Torso is the abdomen and head. The piece is only the abdomen. Also, its more general than an R2 unit abdomen. Its also been used for R5-D4.

I don't think the torso includes the head...

Interesting. I just looked up "torso" on dictionary.com and it agrees with you. But I was always taught (professionally) that the torso definately included the head. That's why it differs from the "abdomen".

And I've not seen the flames in anything other than red either. Cool!

Really I've never seen them in red, Just kidding, I know I know what you meant. But Even though your not a town fan a star wars fan like you should get this cheap set for force lightning for your sith lords!

I hadn't thought of that. Good plan. Now, how do I attach them to Palpy's and Tyranus' hands....?

Thanks for the review!

I've looked at the set quite often but haven't bought it yet - and probably still won't. Not so much because I don't really like it (it's not that expensive and I could mod it somehow) but because I have so many helicopters already ;-)

good review. I've got it but I don't like it so much, it is too big (big rotor, big nail, big proppeler,...) that gives it a lake of details.

i thought abdomen and thorax is just ways to distinguish segments of the body. torso is a combo of the two. for humans it's the whole thrunk. only in ants do you have separate segments for the abdomen and the thorax.

anyway, i got two of these on sale for $3 from sears. :-P i like the red sunnies head. but the heli doesnt have the swoosh factor. my son didnt play much with it after it was completed. so compared to the ambulance and the fire engine it's kinda a let down. for the price though it's great!

I bought one of these as soon as they came out and I actually really like it, its simple and is nicely scaled ;-) A bit bigger than the copter in the hospital which I also love for its scaling and simplicity !!

The newer ones (especially the two rescue ones) are way too big IMO, a common trend of TLC lately |-/

*yoda*

Apart form the fact that I can't see where the set image is 'captivating' I think this is a good review.

It however did not make me want the set. There is nothing special about this set that makes me want it, nor does it boast any parts I'd really use. It just seems... bland and reliant on stickers to give it any kind of look.

So may i suggest you were a really bad kid? ;-)

lol

Yeah, that's a way to interpret it ;-)

Actually, we were living under the flightpath of police and rescue helicopters in my hometown. That's how I saw so many and had the feeling of "growing up with them".

A bit bigger than the copter in the hospital which I also love for its scaling and simplicity !!

I dislike it too, because it really have a bad look IMO. The best helicopter is for me the one in the Police station ref. 6598

6598-1-1003513795.jpg